Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Mk6 ST engine swap to blacktop turbo

Search this Thread

Old 14-04-2017, 02:02 PM
dreamin
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk6 ST engine swap to blacktop turbo

Hi all ,

after a little help / advice .

I have an ST that's bottom end are shagged . I bought it this way with a view to get the engine swapped with a blacktop zetec turbo engine that I have .. now looking at the mounts doesn't look like major work involved in fitting the engine . I also have an MTX75 gearbox , also have a cradle and wiring for the loom that needs connectors fitted which I bought with the engine ,

I have spoken to someone very well known in the ford world to get an insight into how much to get this fitted and numbers around 5-6k. Were mentioned .. I'm just after some advise on if this is a I don't wanna do it price or it's actually realistic .. as I'm struggling to see where 5-6k would go !!!

Ive read of people doing this also themselves so if anyone has done it what issues did you face and was it really that difficult..

as always any help or advise is much appreciated

CheeRS
SCOTT
Old 18-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Jobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Scott,
Im looking at doing almost the same conversion. My mk6 fiesta is the 1300 finesse. I have acquired a mechanically sound 1800 zetec mk1 focus with the view of transplanting it into the fiesta. Im no wiser than you seem to be, having been asking the same questions. Unless someone fills us in, ill keep you posted on what i discover about the conversion, if that helps. Good luck.