Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

2l pinto carb turbo options, advise please

Search this Thread

Old 20-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Aza23
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2l pinto carb turbo options, advise please

Im seriously looking into the turbo route for 2l pinto capri, im stuck on the carb route, purely for the fact its different im thinking using the standard carb inside a presurised chamber, ran from a t25 and custom made manifold, through a small intercooler and to the presurised chamber, through the reserch iv done, I know il need a varible fuel presure regulator that altors pressuer when boost comes in. I only want to run small boost, was thinking around 5-6 psi, nothing mad, will only be on stock internals and just wanna try something different any one know of any problems il have? Will I have to mess about with jets, what sort of fuel pressure il need on boost? Im hoping because the pressure will be the same all round the carb the fueling will pretty much sort its self other than raiseing pressure on boost to prevent it flowing back other than that its just a matter of getting handy with the welder hopefully
Old 21-03-2017, 09:57 PM
robrs2
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Look on www.turbosport.co.uk Lots of stuff on there about it
Old 22-03-2017, 12:21 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by robrs2
Look on www.turbosport.co.uk Lots of stuff on there about it
I was reading them threads recently, defo some interesting reading. I would personally go fuel injection with aftermarket ecu but each to their own. Good luck with the project mate