Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

AHK Racing, my ultimate Ford Sierra 3dr

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Kjellsen
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jonfoc
Quality work so far. Any updates?
Thanks mate I dont have anything right know. Selling the house now and I need a new place to stay. With a garage, so when I have moved. I will continue. Only thing I need to fabricate, is the car roller. So it can be transported and easier to work on Cant wait to be finished with rust for xx years.

I am at Vĺler racetrack on the last Ford meet this year. Getting some inspiration for my car and specially my engine. I have been overthinking the solutions. So to save some money, but still get NA engine. I am choosing twin Webers I am using about half the money on a good carb setup than on a good set of ITB`s with ecu ect. It will have forged conrods, forged pistons, MAYBE steel crank (Cosworth or forged) or use the oem with dowled crank/flywheel.

I think I landed on DCSP 48 after looking at the venturi and math formula to choose the right size for my engine. After finishing the engine and it is ready to start. I will contact HPE for recommended setup for the carbs.

I am looking at using the Cosworth 2wd 16V cylinder heas in the future. I know it is not a good NA head to start with. BUT, after some correct porting with flow testing. I think it will be a winner, at least for me

I have had my focus on the chassi and rust. So its great to the the focus on the heart of the car a bit too. The more fun bit for me! I cant wait to hear the Webers open up and like: BRAAAAAAAAaaaap!!!!
Old 02-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Kjellsen

Started today with my father fabricating the car trolley with posibility to turn it around. So it will be easy to work under the car.

Had a phone with a company that can blast the car clean and free for paint etc. So it will be nice to seam weld and do repairs.

I also got my ITB's for my Ohc from an Hayabusa 1300 Can`t wait to hear them screaaam
Old 04-11-2017, 07:21 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

That going to sound mega
The following users liked this post:
Kjellsen (19-02-2018)
Old 19-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Kjellsen

Originally Posted by gcfcos
That going to sound mega
I hope so! Changing the engine for a lighter one. But enough about that
Old 19-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Kjellsen

It has been silent and not been done so much work lately. 2018 is the year to get a strong and good long health again Got a neck that is out of place and need some adjustment that is happening before the summer

BUT, this is how the Sierra stands now. Killing me just see it stand there and my body "cant" work on it. I will begin soon and try to do some, that`s better then nothing

AND I have finaly ordered 1 of the 3 pieces and one of my dreams to have in a car. I will be posting a pic what in March. But I ordered the package with 4 parts overseas from USA to save some money.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:46 AM
Kjellsen

The project is taking time as everything else But it has not stopped! I can see from my previous post that I have not posted what I bought.

Well here it is! A Tilton 600 series floor mounted, so a bit work is needed to get it in the correct location, nothing impossible

I have also got myself some other goodies to look at and use as a motivator. This is a Ecumaster BLACK with 7" touch screen, 4gb logger and connector to connect the screen with ecu

I also bought a lightweight OMP Superleggera steering wheel and their new alloy FIA snap off

After not touching the car at all in a long time I took it out and cleaned the underside as much as possible with my pressure washer. It was much need and I will do a second round with a stronger degreaser. I am very happy how it turned out and the joy to continue welding is much more Can`t wait to have some fresh paint under the car

Old 01-09-2018, 09:46 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Nice but in future you can buy Tilton stuff in the UK from competition supplies and many other company's.
The following users liked this post:
Kjellsen (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Kjellsen

Originally Posted by costina
Nice but in future you can buy Tilton stuff in the UK from competition supplies and many other company's.
Thanks! I usually buy stuff from the UK`s company`s. That time the price was beaten enough to choose Summit Racing