Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

sierra saph 1.8 - 2.0 - 2.9 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Zako1992
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sierra saph 1.8 - 2.0 - 2.9 conversion

Well as the title says ... Aparently my Mrs says I'm how a woman is to heels as I am to engine swaps 😂😂😂lmao

i have hardly any any pics of this build I just get home off a night shift and plod on the last thing I wanna think about is pictures but I started off with a1.8 saph seemed a nice motor when me and my old man decided to pick it up , checked all the rust spots etc ... Aparently it was fully serviced and looked after ... I ragged it around for about 6 months never serviced it or f**k all , ended up pulling doughnuts on the works car park acting the big n and blew her up ooops. But I had a option I had the 2.0 out of my old man's scrapped focus .... I decided to swap the sump + pickup out of the 1.8 and the mounts ( and no the 1.8 cvh mounts don't fit up on the drivers side zetec block) I ended up making a bit of a plate up so the top bolt of the mount could get mounted ... It all goes in nice, then I find a set of 600 carbs and a bogs bros manifold with a megajolt for 300, I blew my tax rebate on it 😂😂😂and got it that night lmao ... It all goes in then it comes to the wiring stage and one Saturday afternoon got a bit peed off with it ( wiring isn't my forte) and decide to do a 'plug and play' ... Yea a 2.9 cologne that's made for the xr 's will go it they are made for it .... I decided to have it 2wd for a bit of fun but keep the 4x4 gear for a bit later when I decide a change I left all the front driveshafts out and got some blanking plugs to put in so I pull the zetec out and attempt to slap it in .....b***cking subframe is in the way since I never changed it from the 2wd so I swap it for the 4x4 one no worries the engine fits lovely exept the bloody anti rollbar and steering rack so I spent weeks finding one on eBay so the front end gets sorted then it. Ones to gearbox mount because it wasn't a 4x4 saph it didn't have the dint in the side of the tunnel so instead of chopping a perfectly good shell I made 2 spacers up of about 1.5 inches to make up for the spacing and bolt that up then find the amount of rust on the seam just underneath where the peddles would be it's currently being decided to leave it to last along with the bushes and tracking why piss about more when you can get the garrage to do the easy jobs) it's currently all sat in nice bolted up and waiting for the new fuel pumps and swirl pot to go in brake lines since it's gone the whole 4x4 conversion so everything has changed except the 2wd hubs and shocks ( bought 2wd Avo's all around for £150 told my lady £50😂😂&#128514 so i wasn't letting that money go to waste .... Just need a set of standard downpipes to fit that up or I have a set of 2wd pace setter headers 6-2-1 but they are pissing 2wd so I need to get the ol mig welder out and oxy acetylene to bend the sh*t out of the passenger bank to fit it's getting there though only taken 2months of Sunday's to get the original Engine out and swap over twice with all the fuckups but now I know a Sierra near enough inside out ... The zetec is just sat in mine and my dads mgb gt it had a pinto in before on a type 9 ....that had the same treatment it's got through 2 axel transplants and 2 engines like the hole old woman she is the mg is moaning about knackered bushes and a slight bit of rust ... Just spending time with my old man doing these cars having a beer and banter couldn't want more !!!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Zako1992
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mg
600 carbs baby 😏😏🤔

Fits in nice
£65 xr4x4 2.9 with running gear oosh

Snug
Just after we had her swapped the steelies for 17's

Last edited by Zako1992; 05-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.