Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Restoring a sierra 2.9 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Littlewill
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring a sierra 2.9 4x4

hi everyone,

new to the forum hope this is where to put this.

As the title says I'm nut and bolt restoring a 2.9 4x4 ford sierra. It's got 68,000 on the clock and I'm the second owner. It's been dry stored for the past 16 years so no body rust issues at all just machanial. I've just had the original engine reconditioned and I've now fitted it.

My problem is the electric fuel pump on the wheel well. I've replace the original one as it wasn't working. The wires leading to the pump both show 12.8v when ignition is switched to position two it shows he same reading when the engine is cranked. However, when I connect the wires to the pump it's self I can't get a voltage reading at all it's totally dead at the terminals and doesn't even try to work!

Im at a loss with it does anyone else have any ideas?

For what it's worth I've bypassed the fuel cut off switch in the boot until a new switch arrives next week.

Many thanks
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Pump relay?
Old 05-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Mad_Mat
New Owner

Received 93 Likes on 90 Posts

I would be inclined to retrofit a cosworth aftermarket fuel pump loom.

Available from MSD, Autodynamix, Ebay etc.

This way you are getting a fused, relay switched feed direct from the battery ensuring the fuel pump has the correct supply.

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Littlewill
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replys! I've not got my manual in front of me, which relay is the fuel pump?