Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Radiant Red Fiesta RS Turbo progress/build

Search this Thread

Old 18-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Rsmat
300+

Received 583 Likes on 516 Posts

You know where we are mate .if you need some detailing..no drama.
The following users liked this post:
bluntys1rsturbo (18-02-2019)
Old 18-02-2019, 01:33 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Received 150 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsmat
You know where we are mate .if you need some detailing..no drama.
definately mate, have to make a good weekend of it i think haha
Old 23-02-2019, 05:34 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Today i pulled the car out to give it a much needed wash and mini detail, my intention was to go out for a drive after with my little lad but someone forgot to get the seat out of the other fiesta this morning

got a couple of pics, i did take 3 more which would of been real good ones but for some reason they didnt take properly

So the plan is to first of all go to the gym in the morning then we are all off out for a drive to carsington waters in the peak district, nice little drive out and somewhere for the little one to let off some steam. Im sure we will call into a nice country pub on the way back for some food and a beer

i will do my best to get a few pics
Rsmat (04-05-2019)
Old 24-02-2019, 05:35 PM
perry s2 turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
Today i pulled the car out to give it a much needed wash and mini detail, my intention was to go out for a drive after with my little lad but someone forgot to get the seat out of the other fiesta this morning

got a couple of pics, i did take 3 more which would of been real good ones but for some reason they didnt take properly

So the plan is to first of all go to the gym in the morning then we are all off out for a drive to carsington waters in the peak district, nice little drive out and somewhere for the little one to let off some steam. Im sure we will call into a nice country pub on the way back for some food and a beer

i will do my best to get a few pics
Looking lovely mate all you need now is a nice set of comps or diamond cut rs7
Old 25-02-2019, 03:47 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by perry s2 turbo

Looking lovely mate all you need now is a nice set of comps or diamond cut rs7
thanks alot mate

i actually really like it on the 3 spokes, but i do have a set of mondeo 16" 5 spokes to go on, and the only reason iv got these is so i can fit the st170 front brake set up that i have, oe brakes are so bad
Old 25-02-2019, 03:58 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

On Sunday we all had a day out over the peak district which ended up at Carsington water in Ashbourne, we also stopped off at a nice little country pub in Thorncliffe on the way back home. Did a total of 60 miles round trip which is by far the most iv done and is probably the most its done in a year since iv owned it (currently have 110 miles on the fresh engine).

Im honestly not one to ever blow my own trumpet etc but it was unreal at just how much attention the car got, firstly at the petrol station on our way out then out on the road, and as soon as we got to carsington one of the staff there stuck his thumb up and shouted nice car .

Car out and ready to go for its longest trip since iv owned it

we were so lucky to get this parent and child place it was so busy there as they had some running event on.

lennon insisted on having a pic with 'daddies red race car'

I have now booked the car in to be properly set up as its still massively running rich which we dont want at all, so getting that sorted on march 20th then it wont be far off time to drop this oil and get the stage 3 t3/chip etc on there
Old 25-02-2019, 07:14 PM
RSMK4TURBO
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 97 Likes on 94 Posts

Looking very nice, will be well worth a good setup.
Old 26-02-2019, 04:27 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by RSMK4TURBO
Looking very nice, will be well worth a good setup.
cheers fella

yeah it should make a big difference thats for sure
Old 03-03-2019, 02:52 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

out and about yesterday

went to see a guy iv not seen since before i got married 5 n half years ago, hes now got a great set up at a place local to me and is doing me a few jobs on the car over this next week

was great to see him again and have a well overdue catch up, its funny just how life flies by and how much can go on in a relatively short space of time.
Old 18-04-2019, 05:10 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Been a while since any updates

The car passed its m.o.t yesterday with no advisories yet again got alot of compliments from the tester.

I have also fitted the front strut brace and a set of braided brake hoses, the clutch pedal mod has been done and after a slight tweak is now working brilliant feels like a different car.

Also fitted the enlarged 60mm throttle body which is a real nice bit of kit and well done, certainly felt better with it on anyway.

Hopefully we will be out in the car on easter sunday to take advantage of this cracking weather
Old 18-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Rsmat
300+

Awesome news pal ..nice little well worthy mods .
bluntys1rsturbo (18-04-2019)
Old 18-04-2019, 05:04 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Awesome news pal ..nice little well worthy mods .
Certainly are mate all adds together.
Rsmat (05-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 05:13 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

nothing too much to update on the car since the car passed mot in april.

but personally iv had another little set back health wise, been having pains in my groin area for some time now and it finally got to the stage where i went to see the doctor. He then confirmed that id only got a bloody double hernia. As with anything some days are worse than others and im still managing to get in work and do my jobs although they are taking a tad longer than usual.

Anyway the main thing is im off to OCD Productions in Wrexham next Saturday morning otherwise known to many as RSMat off here. As most of you know hes a top fella who knows these RS motors inside out and his work is absolutely flawless imo.

The car has now done enough miles do have the oil dropped, nice fresh millers 10w/50 oil/filter and fitting of the T3 set up, beige injectors and msd stage 3 chip , This should certainly liven things up especially on the stage 3 t3 with billet comp wheel that wilky (bernies blowers) has built me.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:20 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Good luck with the hernia...
Had inguinal hernia done nearly 2 years ago, still doesn’t feel great, good scar too
I expected to have the op and feel good as new once recovered...

I keep putting off going back the docs, I’m sure I’ve got one the other side aswell...
Old 04-05-2019, 10:24 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by slammedorion
Good luck with the hernia...
Had inguinal hernia done nearly 2 years ago, still doesn’t feel great, good scar too
I expected to have the op and feel good as new once recovered...

I keep putting off going back the docs, I’m sure I’ve got one the other side aswell...
thanks mate

at least i know iv got a double bubble, best thing is the doctor said the right side was twice as big as left and its the left thats always killing me
Old 04-05-2019, 10:35 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

I was getting lower back, groin pains...
Ended up in a&e at one point, signed off work for 3 weeks on codine... that’s bad stuff, avoid it and try everything else!!!
I had 17 weeks off after surgery...
Just finished 12 months of physio through work, been going back & posture classes for 18 months to help deal with the pain
Also go a Osteopath
I’ve got upper and lower back issues and am to young apparently to operate on...
37 now... lol
Old 04-05-2019, 10:43 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by slammedorion
I was getting lower back, groin pains...
Ended up in a&e at one point, signed off work for 3 weeks on codine... that’s bad stuff, avoid it and try everything else!!!
I had 17 weeks off after surgery...
Just finished 12 months of physio through work, been going back & posture classes for 18 months to help deal with the pain
Also go a Osteopath
I’ve got upper and lower back issues and am to young apparently to operate on...
37 now... lol
iv suffered with my back since i was 18 (now 35) had so many problems but its one of them things iv got used to. My theory is if i cant press the clutch in on my van then i cant go work.

My wife is head vet nurse at a local practice so she can get me tramadol in a certain quantity but its not something i would advise as i can see how people get addicted to them.

the doctor told me i would need 6 weeks off after the operation to which i laughed and said ill be back after 3 as i work for myself, bearing in mind i was told to take at least another 8 weeks off after i obliterated my ankle and i said bollox to this im going back in November when the doc said at least mid Jan.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:33 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

loaded up all the bits in the boot ready to head off tomorrow morning

i think we have got all bases covered, even taking a spare set of plugs etc just in case
Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

I hope all goes well.
bluntys1rsturbo (10-05-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 05:04 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by Glenn_
I hope all goes well.
thanks glenn, and me haha
Old 11-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Rsmat
300+

Good to meet you Andy today..cars a lovely example.. shame about the exhaust,so we had to end play , but once that's sorted we can carry on and get her converted to T3 no probs mate.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:27 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Good to meet you Andy today..cars a lovely example.. shame about the exhaust,so we had to end play , but once that's sorted we can carry on and get her converted to T3 no probs mate.
Was great to meet you fella had a real good day so the setback if you can call it that is irrelevant, cracking drive there and back, proper laugh when there. Looking forward to your visit to godscountry haha.

the car cetainly isnt anywhere near the standard of others out there, but its a good honest solid one

Last edited by bluntys1rsturbo; 12-05-2019 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:32 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Just a little update as you might see mat has touched on here above

had a little setback with fitting the kit, this was down to some previous owner who has had the exhaust chopped near enough in the middle and sleeved over. This meant the T3 downpipe wouldnt fit and it going to need a little bit of modifying to the existing system, Not to worry iv been onto my mate who owns silver systems in leek and he can do it no problem at all.

So Mat has kindly offered to pop up to stoke one weekend fit all the bits ready then ill get the car towed upto the garage and get the exhaust sorted and we can then fit the chip and set the boost etc
Old 12-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Rsmat
300+

Proper plan and we will get it Sorted mate .
Old 13-05-2019, 05:37 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Proper plan and we will get it Sorted mate .
100% mate already got the wife on standby for brews n stokie oatcake duties
Old 13-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Rsmat
300+

Awesome mate ..we will get it sorted and hitting 15Psi .
bluntys1rsturbo (14-05-2019)
Old 15-05-2019, 05:15 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Awesome mate ..we will get it sorted and hitting 15Psi .
amen to that
Old 15-05-2019, 05:27 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

few little updates

noticed the oil dipstick was loose and blowing out, this turned out to be the rubber o ring had broken down over time, so back up to my mum n dads trusty old shed to raid my little parts stash and a new o ring fitted problem solved

Also had a slight coolant leak that seemed to be coming from the lower hose from header tank, so a quick nip up and it seems ok now although not driven it since.

This saturday iv got my brother in law coming across to wire me the afr and oil temp gauges in and obviously fit the a pillar double gauge holder, all it will require then is for us to connect up at downpipe once and and of course fit another sensor to block for the oil temp (i think).

Whilst he is doing that im going to strip as much of the engine down ready to fit the t3 as iv got Mat coming over on sunday to fit all the required bits/oil change etc which is massively good of him to do on his day off.

The car is then booked in at Silver Systems in Leek on 25th May to get the exhaust cut and mated up to the t3 downpipe, im getting the car trailored upto there, then going to take it easy and drive it back home without coming onto boost etc.

Then its just a matter of removing the ecu and fitting the msd stage 3 chip and setting the boost to 15psi, im then taking thee car upto my mate at GT Motorsport so he can fine tune the fuelling etc and reset me the solid lifters as they have done the miles stated to do so.

all being well i should be out an boosting before we go away in mid june
Old 20-05-2019, 06:32 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Yesterday i had RSMat (OCD Productions) come across to stoke and help to fit the t3 set up, i had started to strip down the engine ready for when he got here.

t2 off

new and old oil feeds

stage 3 t3 with billet comp wheel by bernies blowers (wilky)

bumper/intercooler and radiator removed

Cant thank mat enough for giving up a huge chunk of his sundayt to come across and get this sorted, and also to my brother in law for coming across to wire in the afr and oil temp gauges which was no easy feat with limited space and a rats nest of wiring.

we have just got 2 little parts that need fitting to the block and turbo then its pretty much ready to run after a coolant top up and obviously priming the turbo, then it will be towed upto silver systems on saturday to get the exhaust work done and straight back to mine then its ready to fit the beige injectors and stage3 msd chip
Old 27-05-2019, 05:06 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Had another little setback only 1 of the 2 required parts turned up so i had to cancel my slot at the exhaust place on Saturday but completely outta our hands as royal fail struck yet again.

Anyway the part (turbo oil feed union adapter) did turn up on Saturday around 11am but this was another brand new one that id ordered off ebay on the Thursday.

So yesterday afternoon i went out to fit this, got oil pressure to the oil feed, fitted that onto it cranked it over a few times to get some oil around the turbo then refitted the ht leads. Coolant was then filled back up cap left off, engine started and ran upto temp so the fan kicked in a few times.

Im glad to report there didnt seem to be any leaks coming from anywhere the only thing i need to do now is tighten up the nuts from turbo to manifold as we are good to go.

Got to rebook a slot with exhaust place although i might have a word with my mate mark up at gt motorsport see if he wants to do it me as its going be the end of June before i can take it to silver systems.
Old 24-06-2019, 05:24 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

nothing to really update on the car since last time.

the plan of action is to get the car upto mark at GT Motorsport hopefully late July early August then he can do the exhaust work and get him to set the fuelling at idle etc up for me at same time. I really need to make sure the car is ready and has a good shakedown on the new chip and t3 etc before rsoc national day as im booked onto a local stand there so really want to make it.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:29 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

This coming Sunday we will be doing the following on the car

oil & filter change
fit beige injectors
fit msd stage 3 chip
move radiator/intercooler forward 5-10mm

I have then booked the car in with mark at GT Motorsport so he can set the boost and then give the car a proper set up, then it will be a matter of driving it as much as possible to make sure all is ok and to iron out any potential niggles etc.

I have got the car booked on a local stand at RS Owners Club national day in August so really want the car there, iv booked us into a cracking little place to stay the night before as well
Old 12-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Cool updates. Yeh Mat is a sound lad. He would do anything for anyone.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:09 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Cool updates. Yeh Mat is a sound lad. He would do anything for anyone.
Cheers pal.

He's an absolute diamond got a heart of gold and a proper character haha
Old 16-07-2019, 05:24 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

got the few jobs sorted at the weekend and the car is now ready for its visit to GT Motorsport on the 25th July.

Made a couple of little changes to the engine bay nothing drastic or anything but i think it makes a nice difference

painted in the efi and turbo bits and got a set of red ht leads from mr retro leads ( really impressed with them and his customer service)
Old 25-07-2019, 03:01 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Got the car out this morning ready for its trip on the low loader upto GT Motorsport.

Got dropped off up there around 10.30am which is about an hour later than originally planned and mark was stood waiting for it to come in.

Anyway popped into see him when I was on way back from my 2 jobs from today and it's virtually all done 👍.

Can't wait to get the thing back and start using it
Old 25-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

It's a stunning looking car this. I hope the car goes better now.
bluntys1rsturbo (25-07-2019)
Old 25-07-2019, 07:26 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

It's a stunning looking car this. I hope the car goes better now.
Thanks alot mate appreciate that. It's a bit rough around the edges and there's a few better examples knocking about but I can say it's a real solid good honest car.

it should go pretty well est about 190-200bhp at 15psi, which should be ok for the gearbox and my clutch is good for 300lbft so no probs there.

The eventual plan is to go for a forged engine, headwork and uprated gearbox and 250-260bhp but for now the main thing is going to be just driving the bloody thing as much as possible.

Last edited by bluntys1rsturbo; 26-07-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Old 28-07-2019, 06:58 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

had a couple of setbacks with the car

firstly my boost solenoid seems to be knackered and not making any sort of boost so thats being replaced with a bleed valve gone for the exact one i used to have on my old r5 gt turbo which was always spot on.

secondly the newman solid lifters seem to have failed, the thread for adjustment seems to be really loose on a few of them, mark had set them up and it was spot on the left the car running 20 mins and noisy again so id imagine they are working themselves out of the correct positions. Ordered a new set and once they get here iv got take the car back upto GT Motorsport and hes going to sort them and the bleed valve and set the boost.

fingers crossed will still all be done in time ready for national day
Old 30-07-2019, 03:56 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Newman lifters and bleed valve arrived today so its booked back in at GT Motorsport for next tuesday to get them sorted and finally all done (or thats the plan anyway) haha

Quick Reply: Radiant Red Fiesta RS Turbo progress/build