Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

KA 1.7 Vct Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Willka
Ford KA 1.7 Vct, soon...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default KA 1.7 Vct Conversion

Hi Guys,

Ive been hovering around here for a while now, seen some great projects and looks like a great community so thought i would share my project. Im in the process of taking a 1.7 Puma engine, interior and brake setup from a donor and squeezing it into a 04 Ford KA with engine failure.

I have always repaired/modified on my own cars in the past but i havent done an engine swap before so a whole new adventure! After i have finished the swap and got it all working i will be porting and polishing as well as skimming the head, fitting uprated cams, 4-2-1 manifold and a remap so hopefully have around 160-170 hp in a car weighing 900kg!

Here are some progress pics so far:

The car when i bought it, bought car with a misfire and i expected engine failure soon. Turned up all insured and it wouldnt start...

Started stripping

Fitted extended bolts and spacers for these:

Will have to get a better picture, 16" Gti alloys refurbed with decent tyres. Ł80

Started stripping engine bay

Gearbox separated, plan to bolt it up to the 1.7 lump. Loose top end but a gain in acceleration...and with the safety on the KA il be happy with 100-110mph

Donor engine and mount

Cleaned up and painted the calipers, 260mm brakes should do well on the KA

Picked up some apex springs until i can afford to go for coilovers

Will hopefully be coming to a few Ford shows when i get it all finished, as long as i dont get turned away at the gate (i know KA's arent the most respected cars!)

Cheers,

Will,