Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Wide Arched XR2 rebuild into fast road/track toy .. N/A 230+ BHP

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:19 PM
ryan72
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Arched XR2 rebuild into fast road/track toy .. N/A 230+ BHP

Been on this forum for a while now but not put a build thread up due to changing my mind alot with colour of car and spec.. but now the car is coming along nicely.

Firstly the car - D670 WEV .. Had alot of work done to it by a guy on here who im pretty sure is called Blunty. He fitted alot of new bits too it .. wings, front panel, sills and few other bits. He also cut the rear arches back for maximum clearance with the MCR arches.

He sold it too my mate, who was going to rebuild it but he bought a nice fiesta already built instead, so sold the car too me.

After a quick ride in Tocca's XR2 i knew I wanted to build it up.

Pics of the car when I bought it..

I then made a massive mistake!! I got loose with the white hammerite!! Paint the whole inside and engine bay in hammerite white!

I took the car to have the engine bay sprayed and the guy wasnt too happy, I didnt have the guts to tell him what I had done anyway, he removed the hammerite and spray it in white.

Got the car back, and then decided I didnt like it white! Tocca's car is white, so is my mates .. so thought it was abit gay having 3 white cars

It sat there for a while whilst I got some parts sorted and decided what I wanted to do with it.. I will carry on with the next part to the rebuild in the next post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Just leave it white matey i would.The money you would spend on another paint job could go towards other things for the car.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM
ryan72
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaving it white would have been the easiest option! But everything is out of the car again now so its going the colour I have always wanted.
Sea grey .. its the metallic grey colour that they use on the fiesta zetec s. I love that colour old school fiesta with a modern day fiesta colour