Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

James1465 MK6.5 Festa ZS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:02 PM
james1465
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default James1465 MK6.5 Festa ZS

Right. Ive been a member on here for a while now, and ive always admired everyone’s posts and threads, (I created one years ago, but thought id start a fresh - feel free to hunt for it if you want), so here is me sharing my little fiesta just in case anyone else out there has some time to kill.

This beast is a MK6.5 Zetec S, its around the 94000 mark and ive owned it for just shy of three years. Its had a few little mods done to it over the years but here she stood around two years ago.

She has a few rough patches here and there but nothing to cry about. It came to me as standard, it even had the ford equipped shabby badge.

It has a completely standard interior all apart form the leather gear gator as the old cv boot decided enough was enough and fell apart.

Much better!!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:09 PM
james1465
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran it standard with some continental sport contact thingys for a while but then I got bored. Turns out a friend of mine has a friend who works for ford, so he got me a nice shiny set of eibach pro springs for my little fiesta.

So one sunny day I decided to lower my car. I was feeling quite sick, but that wasn’t going to stop me, I was excited! Got the car round my parents garage and jacked it up. Got the front shocks and all out pretty quick.

I had already made a spanner for the top nut one evening with a beer to help steady my hand with the angle grinder I made this work a treat.

However that’s when everything went expensive... Turns out my new spanner fitted so well that the rusty allen key hole just went round. And I was so close!!!!! So I took it down to my local friendly garage and they had a go, (by this point I didn’t care about the shock I just wanted all the other gubbins that makes it up). They used everything they had, even an acetylene torch but to avail.

So off I went in a snotty, rusty, dirty mess over to a crisp white ford dealership where I waltsed in shock in hand shedding dirt everywhere and ordered everything I needed. As if I wasn’t feeling rough enough already I paid the man and was told they would get everything in asap.

The next morning I get a call saying everything is in. so I went ahead and picked it all up and started the rebuild.

Not a cheap pile but at least I could go ahead and get by beloved fiesta back on the road. It took me a little while to assemble it all. But once I had I couldn’t help but take a picture of the two.

Got it all back in the car no hassle and then on to the rear which took 20minutes in total. What a relief!

Even got a tweet back from the guys at eibach

So that pretty much sums up my now Mighty fiesta for the moment. I have more plans for it but why do them all at once, that’s too easy (expensive).

Thanks for taking some time out to read all this. More posts to come.