Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Ford Focus - Soon to be cleaned(ish)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
JonD
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus - Soon to be cleaned(ish)

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but meh. If its not can someone move it? Kthnx

I'm Jon and new to the site. As the title suggests, I have a Ford Focus. I've had the car for a year and a half now and done a few bits to it. Its a 2001 Y-reg 1.6 Zetec. I put it through its MOT back in July and it flew through without needing ANY work done to it! Even the tester was properly impressed with the car! I bought the car after my previous car, a 2003 Fiesta 1.25 LX had....well....a bit of an accident....

Yeah....that was parked up for 6 hours. Damned electric mirrors

Anyway on to the Focus

Had this for a proper bargain price. Its an ex-mobility and as it turns out an ex-learner drivers car. It came with genuine 48k miles on the clock

Here's some previous pics of a few weeks after I first picked it up.

Even came with a tape player That soon went obviously!

Anyway, going back to the start of the year, myself and a mate started working on a new front bumper for my car. I came up with the idea of smoothing the front recess and indi's off and came up with this chop of how I want to get the car looking:

I'll keep this bit brief. We got the bumper looking properly mint. But due to a balls up in the body-shop and I think our naivety of fillering and fibreglassing it rather than plastic welding it, it got broke. So this is currently in my mates garage waiting to be plastic welded properly. But here is where it got to:

and finally...

As I said, this will be repaired properly next time with plastic welding and going into a garage rather than DIY'ing I think lol.

So, whats been done to it now then? Well....my mate who helped with my bumper also has his own Audio company so it would be rude not to have a full install done. Whilst we were at it, we decided to spruce the interior up a bit too going with a theme for the inside of the car

^^custom magic tree woooot!

Fitted:

New gear-knob and gaitors:

Custom tweeter pods:

Install:

Fitted:

(now has a bigger amp which is actually hidden behind the rear seats!)

Then Fiesta ST wheels happened:

And lowering springs:

And if you've read all that then props to you

Thats pretty much bang up to date now. Hoping to get the car into a more "show-car" state next year. Debating on BBS wheels (expensive + custom adapters) or going for slightly less expensive wheels with a bit of lip which would be custom painted lips (green to match the car) and black centre's or some genuine Cossie wheels. Only thing with cossies is that they're 16's and I think they're too small on Focus, but we'll see. Coilovers will also be happening soon to get the car down a fair bit more and spacers to push the wheels out a bit.

Here's a few vids of the set up going. Its not all about bass in the car. We specifically set up the sub for quality so it doesn't pump pure bass and piss everyone off in the street but also isn't weak-piss bass (all vids recorded on a phone by the way).

So yea, cheers for reading. I welcome all comments/criticisms (good or bad)

Thanks

Jon

Last edited by JonD; 08-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
JonD
Virgin

Been a while. Fair bit has changed as you can see...

Jon
Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 AM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

looks well what are the wheels? caliber 18's?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:59 AM
JonD
Virgin

Originally Posted by marky_g
looks well what are the wheels? caliber 18's?
Cheers mate. They're Calibre Vintage 17x8 on the front and custom 17x9 on the rears drilled for my specs
Old 02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Fookin hell! Its changed loads. Looks tidy with you.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Very nice.Wasnt your car in fast ford a few months back in the readers cars section??
Old 02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Do you have the roof box on all the time then.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 PM
JonD
Virgin

Cheers, yeah that was my car

At the moment, yeah it stays on permanently. Don't really have anywhere to store it so its been on there for a while lol. Do want to get a shed or something though so I can take it off when I don't need it!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Mondi-DZK
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Looks not bad at all, i would lose the roof box and the stickerbook for a cleaner result.
Old 22-12-2012, 09:43 PM
JonD
Virgin

Originally Posted by Mondi-DZK
Looks not bad at all, i would lose the roof box and the stickerbook for a cleaner result.
Seeing as you asked...

Well, its been a little while since I did a proper update. So, I finally have one.

These black leather rear seats were on eBay with no bids and not a lot of time left. I actually forgot about them myself until 5 minutes before they finished, realised no-one had still bidded on them so chucked in a £10 max bid. The timer ended, and RESULT! I won them...for 99p. Yes, that isn't a typo...I won these seats for 99p (which is about $1.60)

So I immediately e-mailed the seller to find out what would happen with shipping/payment etc. (expecting the seller would back out or demand more). To my surprise, she e-mailed me back the following morning to arrange collection. She lives in North Wales and was working in Hereford on the Friday of that week so actually brought them to work with her so I could collect them, saving me an extra hours journey and a shit-load more in petrol. She was a really nice lady to be fair and was glad to get rid of them. WINNER

In the car after collection:

At home to inspect their condition (to which they are mint. No rips/tears/or even any scuffs)

And the next day, after about 2 hours (including going to buy a new screw bit) I fitted them

Now on the lookout for a set of fronts. I've got some in mind and watching a set at the moment. Some people know what I'm looking at but for those who don't, you'll have to wait and see (and they're not going to be normal Focus seats )

I also had a nice 2 weeks off last week so decided to go and practice my photography with a day and night shoot (please excuse the day pics as the car was filthy, cleaned up for the evening)

Some of you may also notice that I've removed the sticker stack on the back and only left the one JimmyUp sticker. The front stickers will also be going as soon as I get a chance

I was also planning to do a change in the interior colour scheme from the black and orange to a new theme for next year, however when I explained this to the parents, they kinda told me about what they'd bought me for Christmas...something I'd designed and showed them a while back. So, for this reason the black and orange is staying

Jon
Old 22-12-2012, 10:06 PM
The Underdog
you cant fix stupid

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

some good pics there. i like em
Old 23-12-2012, 06:47 AM
NobbyClark
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 82 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks great. Well done!
Old 23-12-2012, 07:51 AM
kateean2

Looks good.

Old 23-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Nice boot install.
Old 23-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Mondi-DZK
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Very nice result
Old 26-12-2012, 10:52 AM
rstom95
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

looks mint mate
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
JonD
Virgin

Thanks guys

Wow been a while since I last updated this. So the Phokus is still here. I couldn't bare to part with it (for some random reason lol). Its currently going through a 2013 makeover. I'm not going to be giving away any of its new mods until its done. But (without sounding too big-headed (my ego really isn't that big I promise)) it will truly be one of a kind. Interior, install, wheels...all one off for the blue oval

I will however share with you my new personal plate (which I am currently still awaiting the documents to come back from the DVLA...)

Watch this space...

Jon
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

John followed your build on a few sites now and if nothing else it is stunning and has given me so much inspiration for my focus estate (same colour) so make sure when these changes take place hit me up as I would like first dibs on whats going if anything at all lol
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
JonD
Virgin

Originally Posted by smudgerbyname
John followed your build on a few sites now and if nothing else it is stunning and has given me so much inspiration for my focus estate (same colour) so make sure when these changes take place hit me up as I would like first dibs on whats going if anything at all lol
Thanks dude, means a lot and I'll make sure I do if/when anything goes for sale. Well, the wheels shall be soon

So, this arrived...

Then these happened...

And finally...

Not a brilliant update I know, but there will be better ones soon

Jon
Old 08-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Looking well now.Keep the updates coming.Lucky you for winning that back seat for 99p.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM
JonD
Virgin

Haha cheers dude

Ok so I said I wasn't going to reveal anything until its done. But the plate's now on and I'm bored. A new install has been designed up for the Phokus and all new audio gear has been bought. So...here's another nice teaser for you all

Jon