Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Project Ford Capri RS

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2009, 08:33 AM
FordCapriRS
Old Skool 4 Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Ford Capri RS

Hi iam fairly new to passionford and this posting progress on my cars but he goes, P.S iam sorry for my crap spelling now as u will find out later as i type LOL.here is a little backround story so far I have a 1983 (old Y) Black ford capri 2.0 S i got her in 16 january 2008 so ive had her over a year now and ive built 2 pinto's for her in that time.i took her off the road in feb of 2008 to start the build of my dream car, so i started to get parts which i got twin 45 weber's (of course lol) with manifold, rs2000 manifold of my m8 Dave (aka Davedree dont ask y lol), newmans 285 race spec cam with lifters and twin valve springs, 205 late sierra head (becasue its the best starting point for power lol), 3.0S single leaf rear springs, std 2.8i rear dampers, koni 2.0 adj shocks with 50mm shorter stems,3.0 s front springs, ashley race spec singe box system exaust, RS 4 steering wheel and last but not least my RS2000 Org wheels with 205/60/13's on them hehe.So after getting parts, finding money, changing jobs,it wasnt intill july 12 she was back on the road with a new mot and tax. yay i thought and i took her to scotland for two weeks to visit family up there and she was going well intill the 5 day where i had oil problems and then worst thing that could of happened did it droped its bearings. so i spend the rest of my holiday rebuilding my bottomend of my car to get her home. well on the day i traveled back down south i had a fucked engine to cover 600ish miles yay so i drove her carefuly as i could home. but past winchester i lost a piston ring on the engine and she was drinkin oil as much as fuel,then when past gosport i lost one more ring with left me with sort of 2 working pistons to get home on by this point i was pissed off,tired and needed a piss bad!!! so i glued my foot to the floor and hoped that she will make it. i was almost home when i had 200yards of road to cover, when the engine gave in and said F*** this: throw a rod, bearings and the rings on the last pistons. so it was 5am and my dad towed me home of what was left of my car.so by the point i had to start over and build a new engine so i went lookin for a soild block to use, i found a 202 pinto block from my scrapy (god bless them) for 60quid. i pulled apart the block cleaned everything to see what i had and ono it was a good block. so i gutted my old one for all useful parts and used it as a table (the Damned thing). so by the time i had rebuilt the engine and stuff it was april 2009 and she was out on the road with a new engine runnin great just needed a little more fine tuning to get her spot on.5 days later after taking time to bed tho's new bearings and that in the engine, me and my m8 wanted to take her out down pompy with his capri. u think yeah great nothing would go wrong,u havnt been driving like u stole her(hehe) and bang the throttle got stuck on the linkage on the carbs and she over reved big time, by the time i killed the engine and unstuck the linkage the damage was done and killed two small ends on the engine. by this point i wasnt a happy cap, and thought fuck it ill get a renault 21 lump and drop it in(becasue iam a bit of a renault man and thats cars i know the in's and outs of). but after two weeks of clamin down and getting my head straight again/speaking with my m8 dave,i have decided to use a zetec lump as they are good engines to use and can get good power from them.also if i get stuck i got my ford guru dave to save me lol. well thats where we are at now and just looking for a good lowish mileage engine to use as a base(would like a black top) any help in finding one would be great,hope u enjoyed the read (LOL).P.S i will be putting up pic of my car soon when i got her and through the build so far. any comments would be great ..cheers Ford Capri RS(Old skool never die's...only goes faster)

Last edited by FordCapriRS; 17-05-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 17-05-2009, 09:00 AM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see a Capri getting some well deserved attention

Welcome btw
Old 17-05-2009, 04:58 PM
FordCapriRS
Old Skool 4 Life

thx cozmeister i just hope i get her built for ford fair this year
Old 27-06-2009, 09:57 AM
FordCapriRS
Old Skool 4 Life

here are some of the pic of me and the capri at work lol ...yay finally ive got some where ready for a respray, just need to finish of the shell now.