Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

throttle bodied 1.7 mk4 fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
shifty_babe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle bodied 1.7 mk4 fiesta

thought id stick a thread up on here now the car is going to be running some acceptable power.....

il start at the beginning and work my way through

(cut and pasted from ukfn)

After owning my car for nearly 2 years and having been on here for over a year i thought i would do a project thread on my 5 door

I brought her with 33000 miles on the clock in March 2006 for £1500 about a week after I passed my test. At the time it was a bargain as she only had 2 previous owners and was in mint condition bar a small patch of rust (about the size of a 5 pence piece) on the rear passenger quarter panel. As it was an lx spec it came with a heated front screen but no rear spoiler or any colour coded bits.....unfortunately I never took any photos of it standard but it looked exactly like this...

I had the car for about a month before I decided to change a few things. First off i put a set of Lexus rear lights on, then added some 6x9s and a Sony CD player .oh and then a shopping list down the door during this time I had very little imagination when to comes to modifying and no idea about what looked good.... hence I ended up with this :whistle:

moving on swiftly.....about a month later I added a peco back box before signing up on UKFN and being politely informed that my car ...to put it bluntly...looked crap ... and was given some advice on how to improve it.

so off came the shopping list as well as the rear badges and the bump strips along the side to give the car a much smoother and cleaner look. After a good search on the internet I also decided to go for a 40mm drop all round on the car and choose a set of low zone springs. These only cost me £50 and I was pleased with the outcome on the cars ride height..

I also picked up a set of wolf race alloys which went on the car and for a few months it stayed pretty much the same. Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of the car at this stage..

The next few months passed and in that time I quit my job at Bt and started an apprenticeship at ford...which is where I met my current boyfriend who is well into his cars ...and modifying so back came the bug and I set to work spending more money on the car...

first off, the Lexus lights went and were replaced by a set of clear rears which i brought off Moleman for a very reasonable price...

also after an unfortunate encounter with a kerb.....I also had to change the alloys and so picked up a set of TSW razors for £70 off nugget , which was a nice price

I also managed to get my hands on a smoothed boot handle as a cheaper option to smoothing the boot...we also decided to mesh the front grill whilst we were changing things ( these were taken after the bump but you get the idea)

Unfortunately a few weeks later, after a very stupid incident I ended up with a small bill to pay as a result of this

I had managed to knock the whole front end out of line and it ended up needing jigging, a new wing, had a damaged headlight and bumper and to top things off, 2 days after it happened some old woman decided she was going to reverse her rover into the side of my drivers front and rear doors leaving some well placed dents in the doors At this point I was so **** with the car I was planning on getting rid but instead sent it off to be repaired while I decided what to do with it.

After some serious thought I decided after spending all the money repairing it there was little point in getting rid and so decided to carry on what I had started by getting the rear 3 windows tinted.

In these pictures you can see only the front door handles had been colour coded as I ran out of paint half way through....4 handles takes a lot more paint than 2 lol.

A few months later I spotted a set of cobra bucket seats for sale on eBay which I picked up for £125....then after a trip to the scrappy I found a set of sub frames for a fiver ...although we did find £2 down the back of the seats so they only cost us £3!!! BARGAIN

After putting these in I spotted someone selling a full set of Spax shocks and springs and a set of angel eye headlights which I picked up in London for £260. Luckily for me these popped up at the right time as my dampers were on the way out, however they are only a 35mm drop opposed to the 40mm I had originally 

I also started getting tired of the clean look so got my hands on a can of tinting spray. After a few hours me and my boyfriend had come up with this…

In the last few weeks I had picked up an upper strut brace and a lower. My upper was from whitey who originally had it in his fiesta, However it was in dark blue and ideally I was after a red one so set about re-spraying it….

And my lower was picked up off zsoc….

After deciding to go back to angel eye headlights I picked up a set of new alloys – wolfrace pro sprints in shadow chrome….some people like them and some people don’t…I had a problem getting them to fit without rubbing on the back with 205 tyres o them so had to go for a slight stretch and put 195/40/r16 Toyo Tr1s instead.

I also had a go at the tyres with a tyre pen and am quite pleased with the results

I managed to smash the drivers side wing mirror the other day but luckily for me my bf had brought me some colour coded ones for Christmas….at the moment I have the drivers side one on and am waiting till Christmas before I get the other. My bf has a also picked up a mint standard spoiler to go on the back which will be on in the new year hopefully as well as a set of Sparco harnesses that are also going in, in the new year. Future plans for the engine involve swapping it from the current 1.25 to a 1.7 hopefully in Feb/March time and this will be done by me and my boyfriend…and money permitting I will be having a full re-spray. I also have a Zetec s bumper that is sitting in my bfs xr2 at the moment which is waiting to have the upper bump strip smoothed in before being put on, along with a snoopy front and some skirts.

Oh….and I currently have a grill sitting in my room in primer waiting to be sprayed in the warmer weather as the current one has a slight cut in it….

Got a few more pics today whilst i cleaned her ...

average 1.25 engine with the strut brace i sanded and my boyfriend sprayed up for me

about the best shot of the seats i could get....iv been looking at getting hold of some different seats in black as im a bit bored of these...

and some shots of the install bassjunkies just finished for me.....houses a really nice 10" dls sub with a pretty basic amp for now, although its still nice and punchy and itsnt worn in yet and probably good time to mention the alarm i had installed after my last break in...they removed rear windw and nicked everything in the car so i had a cobra installed....not had any problams with it yet so would def recommend it

right...time for a bit of an update...i picked this up on wednesday night in time for something happening on sunday...gold star to anyone who can guess what will be changing and what to :thumbsup:

also...i got this free with it, i only need the strip off the top so the bumper will be going....

i started work on this on thursday and carryed on with it today, iv made a bit of progress with it but its going slowly as i am learning as im going along..

so far i have smoothed the strip in and i need to add some more body filler :whistle: to get a smoother finish and a better curve then finish the filler off with some sort of skimmer or something so i can paint it :thumbsup:
Old 09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
shifty_babe

few updates ....me and my bf fitted a standard spoiler just after christmas

and i picked this up on saturday after having something fitted....

went from this:

To This:

its such a great upgrade from the 1.25....not had so much fun since i first passed my driving test

only a small update but i have swapped the head lights,

i was never overly keen on the angel eyes so they have gone and have been replaced with a set of smoked standards

From this:

To This:

opinions welcome although i am kinda regretting selling the angels now :crying:

small update:

firstly i swapped this,

for this,

the second blank on the board will be swapped for a engine start button

and finally i went to a scrappy with darrell at the weekend and picked up a laguna splitter for sod all..fitted it with my voyfrined and then clayed the whole car so its all smooth and shiney now lol

i think it looks quite good

opinions welcome

small update:

firstly i swapped this,

for this,

the second blank on the board will be swapped for a engine start button

and finally i went to a scrappy with darrell at the weekend and picked up a laguna splitter for sod all..fitted it with my voyfrined and then clayed the whole car so its all smooth and shiney now lol

i think it looks quite good

opinions welcome
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
shifty_babe

update....

lights have arrived...i spent 120 on them and im not sure if i like them :whistle: lol

unfortunatly they got broken in the post and you can see it when there on but a claim is going through the post office now

*huge thanks to scraggy if you read this for doing it so fast )

think it needs a smooth boot now

and todays been expensieve

iv just paid for this

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/7054.html

Got a great deal on it thanks to bassjunkie

and brought these harnesses

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...7/IMG_0027.jpg

im soooo bad with money

whoop....got this in the post yesterday

which will be replacing this

the full specs here

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...rc_froogle.html

thanks to a friend it cost no were near £300 so now im on the look out for a nice set of components to finish the souns system off

latest update...black skirts are now on...took bloody hours and me and my bf now have black hands because of the tiger seal but oh well lol

a zs rear bumper will be going on the back to sort out the depth and when the rear coilovers are on it will sit alot lower than it does now

pretty pleased today...after getting my hands on a copy of performance ford im in it

page 144 as part of the ukfordoc feature and its only 2 small pics and a caption but im happy

im making a few sets at work atm for a small price...there made from aluminium and polished and should fit straight on..pm me if your interested and il make you up a set

dunno about sat night yet....im hoping to after iv done a few things i need to get done...

have you got my number? text me if your out and il let you know

few updates nothing special though...

passenger side alloy now needs refurbing after some chunt decided to drive on my side of the road to overtake some parked cars causing me to hit the brakes hard and clip a kerb

f**king pi**ed would not describe my mood after lol

sunday i decided to clean up engine bay and sort out my scanky old coolant tank so after a hours work it got swapped from this

to this:

which im pretty happy with....

also started de filtering my mhws, took about a hour each light and after 2 burns on my finger and crushing it behind my sub :crying: i ended up with this:

Original

defiltered:

fitted:

I could only do the brake lights cos i dont have red sidelights...they look loads better but glow PINK so i need different bulbs
Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
shifty_babe

lol nah i havent taken that off yet...i was debating taking off the sound deadening under the bonnet to but i dont really want to hear the engine tappits as im driving along...is yours noisy with out it on?

few more updates:

Managed to get the car in the workshop this morning so im having a few things done ( free of charge )

Anyone guess whats being done?

Wheel bearings are finally being swapped so i think iv saved my self £100 - £200 labour by having them done at work ( beinfits of doing a ford apprenticeship )

Also forgot to add this in the last post.

Me and my bf wired up a boot popper at the weekend which means the boot can now be smoothed ready for spraying in the next few weeks

Wheel bearings were finished yesterday. Took micky ( the lad changing them ) from 815 am to 315 pm to finish them working straight through, with no breaks...just so i could drive the car home in the evening...what a bloke I worked out that if a garage charges £40 a hour labour hes just saved me about £280 anyway heres a few pics i managed to grab

new bearings:

Hub removed:

Old Bearing:

Bearing shatted as it came out the hub ( this is only half of the bits...the rest expolded all over the floor) :

All back together:

Wheels back on and finished

Whilst it was in the air me and kieren sorted out the splitter. It didnt fit to well on the drivers side corner so we took it of and readjusted it so now it sits a bit better.

OH, and i had a look at my tyres whilst they were off. There bald on the inside becase of the camber of the front wheels so the cars now at rochford tyres waiting to have 2 toyo proxie 4's put on for ready for when i pick it up later.

Just as well i have adjustable wishbones on order

Update:

saturday we started preparing the car to go into the bodyshop next saturday which meant starting on the boot...heres a pic of what she looked like at 12 in the afternoon:

So first thing to do was disconnect the battery as we were planning on using a welder

Next we had to start dismantling the boot so the lining on the inside of the boot came of and then off came the ka wiper (now for sale!)

leaving this:

and then out comes the boot popper and then the wiper motor as i no longer have any use for it

Next out was the catch on the bottom of the boot:

Then the smoothed handle come off (also for sale)

and then out came the key barrell ( this took a while to work out how to get it off but you have to twist the little black ring to the right and then it all slides apart

Finally off came the wiper plug which was held on by 4 little catches:

Which then left us with this:

The next stage was the hardest for me....it involed going at my paint work with 80 grit sandpaper which i hated :crying: but my bf seemed to enjoy :jealous:

After a few minutes of sanding my nice shiney boot was left like this

The next thing to do was to make up a template for the metal that was going to fill my boot so after a cutting up a kellogs box we were left with this

and then 2 minutes later a little metal piece to ( didnt get a pic of it)

next stage was to get out the welder, cover up all the paint work and ground out the boot

And my very helpful boyfriend who saves me a fortune in labour

The next few pictures are fairly self explanitary and just show kierens welds on the boot ( i didnt get any whilst he was doing it as i dont fancy geting arch eye) and then grinding it flat

After its all been ground down

After this he then welded up the wiper hole doing using the same process however i forgot to cover the rear window which meant it ended up with little bits of weld all over it and now i have to buy a new one and get it tinted again

the last thing to do was to give it a quick coat of primer and cover it in masking tape to prevent it from rusting

Job Done:

Only problem was the heat from the welder has warped the boot pretty badly above and below the handle ( you may be able to see the dents in the pics below) but im hoping a bit of filler will solve the problem

Ah well...not bad for 3 hours work
Old 09-03-2009, 06:01 PM
shifty_babe

i have new wheels...... :wub:

thought id stick some steels back so whilst the cars in the bodyshop i can get the fubarbed one refurbished..altough, i kinda like the look of the small wheels on it so i think im going to pick up a different set of wheels for it in the future..

any ideas on designs, sizes etc?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:02 PM
shifty_babe

what we did whilst my car was in the body shop....

heres how me and kieren spent yesterday evening after work....

previously i had recieved a phone call about my brothers engine siezing and so me and kieren decided to try and tackle swapping his engine for him so yesterday evening we set about taking the engine out :stitchface:

To start off kieren got the car up on axle stands and wacked some blocks behind his rear wheels:

Then we drained out some of the fluids:

next job was to remove the removed the battery, ht leads and the fuel rail:

The mess now in his passenger footwell:

Then we started unplugging the loom and taking off the coilpack, throttle body and all the other **** that was in the way, ( the messiest bit was the power steering pump which decided to pee fluid everywhere):

Next we took the bonnet off which had a HUGE spider underneith the sound deading so i crapped my self :whistle:

Luckily for us darrell hx had decided to stop round to have a look at what we were up to so he gave us a hand moving stuff and taking most of the following photos

next we loosened off the engine mount:

then connected up the engine hoist:

Partially connected:

Next up we disconnected the gearbox and the manifold from the cat:

(getting to all the gearbox bolts was a pain in the ass)

Then when it was all disconnected and the engine and gearbox mounts were removed we started hoisting the engine:

Unfortunatly we missed 2 bolts holding the centre of the driveshaft to the engine block so this happened:

the gearbox oil **** out EVERYWHERE but it had only popped the driveshaft out slightly so we just need to pop it back in and top up the fluid

After all this had been mopped up we started to lift it up again

On its way up

Getting there and making sure theres no wires caught:

Nice bit of rust:

Bonnet back on

Some of the hydralic fluid and the transmission fluid ( most hand been cleared up at this point)

Bit of washing powder and were done

3 hours later and my arms are scratched to poo but at least its out...now we just have to get the new one back in and working
Old 09-03-2009, 06:04 PM
shifty_babe

update on my brothers car:

done a bit more the last few days:

the new engine was delivered on friday afternoon. its a phase 2 focus 1.6 with 32k on the clock, we were planning on stripping it down on friday ready to have all the new bits go on but fords in dagenham didnt have them in stock.

So monday afternoon after collecting a bag of brand new bits off my brother we set to work:

old one stripped of all the ancillaries (suprising how small it looks)

new cambelt:

new auxiliary belt:

new handbrake cable (old one is siezed so were going to sort it for him):

new water pump:

New clutch:

New clutch alignment tool:

On monday we started by stripping the old engine of all the bits we needed. Next we started putting the cambelt on the new one...ended up being bit of a pig but we got it on in the end.

Next was the water pump which went on pretty easy

water pump off:

new one compared to the focus one:

and the water pump off his old engine:

next the auxilary belt went on, this took bloody ages and ended up with kieren getting a pretty deep cut in his finger:

the old one was starting to fray so it was probably a good idea to swap it:

Yesterday we started work on getting the engine back in the car:

Covers back on:

Old clutch off:

new one aligned and on the side of the engine block:

Next we stuck the rocker cover back on, and started moving it round towards the car:

new clutch release bearing goes in:

new:

old:

Car sits pretty high with no engine in lol

up on the axle stands again:

Engine going in through the top:

took a few minutes to wiggle it in but it wasnt as much hassle as we were expecting,

managed to get the:

coilpack, ht leads on, idle control valve, throttle body, gearbox bolted on, all engine mounts back on, powersteering pump, coolant plugged back in, all sensors connected, driveshaft put back in, fuel rail plumbed in, bonnet back on (i cant believe how heavy a bonnet is, i nearly ripped my arms out there sockets carrying it back through kierens garage on my own ) - thats as much as i can remember pretty sure theres alot more:

tonight all we have left to do is top up all the fluids and put the battery tray back in along with the battery and then see if she runs

carried on with robs engine last night...started off by topping up al the fluids and the putting the battery back in. as for the rest il let the video do the talking

started up first time with no problems....the car pulls well and goes through the revs smoothly and the clutch is a huge improvement over the last one

well chuffed :thumbsup:

job done
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 PM
shifty_babe

my cars moving along:

went down to the bodyshop this morning :thumbsup:

heres a few preview pics...shes not back together or finished yet but theyl have to do for now

and my favourite

lol here you go...

comments welcome
Old 09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
shifty_babe

righto...finally have another update

about 4 weeks ago i got a package from area 6... inside was 2 camber adjustable wishbones which i brought to solve my expensieve tyre destroying problems and i intended to get them on before ford fair but never got round to doing it...anyway, yesterday i finally decided i was going to get the most out of the time i have left working were i am and use there lifts for the job...so this morning me and kieren started with this:

and these:

up she goes:

old ones: this one had been on since new and the bush was starting to split away from the wishbone itself so it needed replacing anyway

thank god for the person that invented the impact gun otherwise it would have taken ages to get the bolts off :stitchface:

shorter brake hoses are on my list of things to get

New one goes in :

they were a right bitch to get in and after putting them in once we then had to take them back out because the bolts were ****ed and when we removed them they pushed the wishbone out of line...the drivers side one got so jammed it took 45 mins to get it back out

whilst the car was in the air kieren had a poke round and found the cause for my knocking noise....the anti roll bar bushes where shot as well as the passenger drop line so a quick call to motex followed then 2 hours later these turned up

so out came the anti roll bar bushes

and the new ones went in...after this we decided to tighten up the bolts on the wishbone to find a thread on one of the bolts was jammed so out came the nut crushers

and off came the bolt...

next up the old drop link came off

and in went the new one...

then the lower strut went back on

it got damaged when i hit a hump in the road :shifty: we think its going to have to come off again though because now its rubbing on the gearbox :crying:

down she comes...wheels havent been aligned at this point

and then after a trip to

and £70 later they did 4 wheel alignment on the car and sorted the camber and tracking and shes done

how about these as the next set of wheels :worried:

in total me and kieren spent 6 hours working on her and replaced £140's worth of parts plus the £70 elites fee and the hour she spent in there but now the handlings superb and theres no more knocks and rattles...bar the gearbox

what do people think of this...i think it evens up the back of the car but im not sure if it looks to much...opinions?

before:

after

i didnt see you :worried: what were you in?

right...after getting back from trax today me and kieren ( well mainly kieren as i kept getting in the way ) fitted these

took us about a hour and half half cos there were a few problems but there in now and for the first time in the best part of a year when i hit a bump i no longer smack my head on the roof...

proper chuffed with them :thumbsup:

after sitting around for a while yesterday i hough id see if i could find something to do so after a quick rummage i found a can of flurescent pink paint

so i started with these:

over a hour later me and my brother managed to remove my strut brace from my car...one of the bolts had siezed on so we ended up hacksawing the bolt head off to get the brace off..

after a good rub down i ended up with this:

bit of primer:

and finally a few layers of paint:

and we have a bright pink strut brace

The pictures dont show it very well but for anyone thats had a look at the paint range in halfords it the really really bright neon pink

hopefuly now when we are at car shows, instead of people assuming its kierens car and going to talk to him about it they might realise its mine

opinions welcome ...

righto...a few pics...nothing special though so dont be disappointed lol

got these of adam at 1pm...

went home and picked up a can of hammerite and then got to work on them

got one half finished...just need to start the second after work tomorrow and finish this one :thumbsup:

(oh, and order the new pads and disks )

brakes are on :thumbsup:

i picked up these st150 brakes last week from @dam for a very reasonable price so cheers adam

after a few hours work with a can of hammerite they went from this:

To this:

unfortunately greenstuff pads didnt turn up in time and i couldn't afford new disks so these will have to do for now

quick comparison in comparison in size

Brake fluid hadnt been changed in a while

End result

such a big improvement over the old disks

and heres a few recently washed pics

Darren heres those pics so you can see about the camber, they may need a little play on photoshop so that you can see the wheels better

Old 09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
shifty_babe

current Spec

Engine

1.7 16v zetec s engine
Ngk Spark Plugs
Ashley 4-1 Manifold
Ashley Sports Cat
Custom Stainless Steel cat-Back

Transmission

1.7 gearbox

Suspension

Gaz Adjustable Coilovers on the front (down around 70mm)
Spax dampers and 35mm Springs on the rear
New ARB bushes and Droplinks ( I decided not to use polybushes as this is a daily driver and is already very stiff)
Upper and lower strut braces
Area 6 adjustable wishbones

Brakes

St 150 Front Calipers
278mm Disks
EBC greenstuff Pads
DOT 4 Brake fluid

Wheels and tyres

16" Wolfrace pro-sprint alloys
Toyo Proxies all round

Exterior

Smoothed Boot
Smoothed zetec s rear bumper
Smoothed front and Rear Towing eyes
Zetec s skirts
Laguna Splitter
Delocked
Fully Colour Coded
Tinted front headlights
MHW rear Lights
Standard Ford spoiler
Meshed Front grill
Bonnet Raisers
Website User name sprayed on the bonnet
80% rear window tints
Full respray in moondust silver

Interior

Cobra bucket seats
3 point Sparco Harnesses
Pioneer DEH 6800 head unit
Alpine front speakers
Rainbow i-paul 4.3 4 channel amplifier
Dls 10" sub in a functional boot build

went for a drive tonight....3 hours and a fair few £'s later i now own these

huge thanks to jason33 who sold them to me and went out of his way to meet me after a long day and long drive home so thanks jason

a pic my mate took a few weekends ago

what you think, i love it

Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
shifty_babe

right well a small update...

my cam belt was making some funny noises so being as anal as i am i decided me and kieren would replace it......and replace a few more things to.

the engines being re-built....i am going to trial fit the tb's to see how they look...atm i have someone interested in buying them but if they look pretty they will stay h34r:

tonight's progress, started at 4, finished at 10 with a fair few tea breaks in between:

all curled up for the time being...

whilst its off the road...the seats are being swapped, the water leak fixed, new speakers, new cv boots, rocker cover painted, body work done, engine re-built, tb's possibly being fitted and mapped.....and any more problems i can think to fix

luckily for me and kieren noel, the bloke who owns the bodyshop i use and my bro is currently using, is a ledgend and lent us a engine stand and offered to paint my block for me so when the body work gets done the engine block is being painted a silly colour too :thumbsup:

latest updates, stripped it down, one of the cams is out but the one with the vct cam is being a bitch

lots of bits removed

whos got the best boyfriend in the world

can keep the vct with ss4's, it just has to be cammed up properly so im waiting for a price on them,

did a fair bit of work yesterday...

friday night the old seats were picked up and i brought the new ones for the price i sold the old ones for...

from these:

to these:

i thought i would find out where the leak was coming from so the sun roof came out and so did the interior

turns out the sunroof drainage holes where blocked and just dropping the water straight into the foot wells both sides so we blocked them off with silicone

kieren picked up the head after it had been skimmed....

not impressed though tbh, the lad i used to fit the manifold is highly recommended on zsoc yet didnt put one of the manifold bolts back on so its been blowing for the past 6 months and resulted in a huge stain that couldnt be shifted :stitchface:

To:

used bench sound in stanford-le-hope and they did a great job...

kieren cleaned up the block ready for paint:

scabby pistons which kieren did a pretty good job of cleaning up but i didnt get any photos

and the list of new parts...

cam belt and tensioner

silicone seal and sump bolt

2 rear wheel bearings

cv boot

greenstuff pads

and whats on order...

water pump of my bros 32k mile focus engine

coilovers after cleaning and on the lowest setting...

hummmm, moon buggy lol

lunch and new speakers, just some dead cheap ones till i can afford some decent stuff

and some randoms...

not pink but im having a nightmare of a time getting hold of it.....

bodyshop got a quote for the stuff...£42 a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

busy day today,

fitted a new sound system in my room and did some more stuff for the car

currently negotiating a rear zs beam which i hope to have by the weekend so i had sort sort out the rear suspension because sitting in a garage for over a year meant they had seized...

take one coilover damper

one pressure washer

and lots of time and you get

whoop...nice and low

and i thought i would sort the lower strut out... 10 points to whoever can guess the final colour lol

take one brace

some sanding

primer

white paint

and and finally pink and laquer

currently drying in my bed room :thumbsup:

and kierens just picked up all my bits from ford bar the head gasket which will be in tomorrow so were gunna start rebuilding it tommorow afternoon

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY

i miss it so much :crying:

wooooooo.....lots of new bits ....still waiting on the second lot of gaskets though and i have to ride a 30mile round trip tomorrow to pick up my gearbox mount :crying:

doesnt look like £400s worth though :stitchface:

and what kierens been up to

woooooooo....we have progress

right, started friday with lapping in the valves...managed to get 4 done before we went out for the evening and got hammered!!!

head:

Kieren showing me how its done lol :

How it started:

valve:

3.1 done....rest to go

whilst i lapped the valves kieren started assembling the block and ancillaries back together:

water pump:

breather

before we went out i brought the bodies in from the car, turned round to start tidying up and when i looked back kieren had started playing with everything

men lol

collection of parts to be fitted:

rear coilovers...fully adjustable

saturday morning we got up at around 10....both of us with heavy hangovers, and had to go to ford to collect the head gasket set

thing was IT DIDNT COME WITH A **** HEADGASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so we then spent an hour driving to london and back to collect one, luckily the kit involved valve stem seals which we also thought we would have to buy separately

Saturday afternoon i painted the sump and kieren fitted all the seals....

went out last night and got home at around 2, got up this morning at 11 and spent the rest of the day on it...

kieren starting to put the sump back together

i painted the suspension turrets

took the under bonnet sound deadening off

head back on waiting for cams...

sump sealant

and the best pictures are on kierens phone which il upload in the next 30 min

finally get to see how itl look when its finished

sump on

1.7 powaaaaaaa

love it :whistle: :thumbsup:

few updates:

new thermostat after hearing some stories of someone elses buggering up on the dyno :worried:

FRP CAMS yay

kierens fitting the atm, i should be helping but had to race home for a hair appointment i forgot about

rear bumpers off and both front and rear have been dropped to the body shop...

took the sound system out...

rears being resprayed,

fronts having a major re work :thumbsup:

thought i get a quick photo of the TT that the owners doing for his wife...

proper nice car, black roof and wheels, xenon headlights, v6 front bumper...full respray

saturday...

all back together

trumpets off

sunday...

new gearbox mount

up she goes

engine in

kieren has the better ones
Old 09-03-2009, 06:18 PM
shifty_babe

so far the engine has been fitted and all plumed in, we are waiting on the omex, fuel pressure reg and injectors to turn up so that we can fire her up....

hopeing to have it running this weekend, the mapping has been booked at track and road for the 24th but if she runs this weekend il be seeing if i can get the mapping sesh moved forward

comments welcome, good or bad.........
Old 09-03-2009, 06:23 PM
hai07222
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Looks nice, good job!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Fiesta_ie
Sandpaperman in acction

great car ;P
Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
WezST200
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

looks great! what a difference from what you started with,

Where did you get the body work done as im looking for a good garage for mine,

Wes
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
shifty_babe

cheers guys,

i had the bodywork done at bodies collisions in southend.....noel (bloke that owns it) is a proper good guy and the works very good to...my bro recently had a full respray on his zs done there and iv sent my bumpers back for more work

few more pics

strut brace on

trumpets on

Old 10-03-2009, 05:58 PM
shifty_babe

got this in the post today...

alpha 3.5bar fuel pressure reg

new cv boot has also been fitted, upper strut brace is on, exhaust has been bolted back on to
Old 10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see some girls doing work on cars
Old 10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

looks well smart
Old 20-03-2009, 10:50 AM
shifty_babe

got some updates..

bumpers are done and being fitted tonight

also got her running earlier this week

Old 20-03-2009, 10:52 AM
shifty_babe

Originally Posted by COCHYN
Nice to see some girls doing work on cars
bit of a petrol head

Originally Posted by rst-g
looks well smart
thanks glad you like
Old 20-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Matty B898
Part of the Furniture

sweet car hun. love seeing the project post for this on various sites.

i need those throttle bodies!!
Old 20-03-2009, 12:27 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Nice, Like what you've done. Deffo the right way to tune that engine. probably had too much of a drop on coilies for fast road but it looks nice, pity it's a 4 door. Good quality work by the looks of it ( Matt Zetec-S on ZSOC )
Old 20-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

It's fucking spot on to see a bird getting stuck in on the mechanicals too! Nice car!
Old 20-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Nelson

Wow, very nice, fiesta aka pumesta is amazing
Old 20-03-2009, 10:31 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shifty_babe
bit of a petrol head
Not till you've driven the Ring
Old 21-03-2009, 11:20 AM
youngben

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

has it been mapped? seems to be running well if not sounds ace! want to bodie my pumesta also but the RS comes 1st at the moment
Old 22-03-2009, 08:10 PM
shifty_babe

hoping to do the ring this year in it

need to wait till i hit 21 before i can drive over there iv been told?

hasn't been mapped yet, took us a while to get it running okay, had a dreadful idle when it first started and was over fueling in low revs and running lean in high

will all be sorted tuesday night though...one more vid for you

pop pop lol
Old 27-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Fastas

very nice sounds great lol i used to go ceme college dont look alot different but you fords students only used 1 end of the workshop lol
Old 28-03-2009, 10:03 AM
tracktoy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

great thread, nice modular approach to the mods
Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
FiestaWRC
Virgin

Hi all.

Shifty Babe - when you used tinting spray to do your headlights, did they still work well? Or was too much light blocked out?
Old 22-05-2009, 10:40 AM
shifty_babe

Originally Posted by Fastas
very nice sounds great lol i used to go ceme college dont look alot different but you fords students only used 1 end of the workshop lol
lol i used to be down the tool makers end...never got to touch the cars

Originally Posted by 3dr-rally-slag
great thread, nice modular approach to the mods
thanks, glad you like

Originally Posted by FiestaWRC
Hi all.

Shifty Babe - when you used tinting spray to do your headlights, did they still work well? Or was too much light blocked out?

yea they still worked fine

these are the latest pics, its all mapped in now and runs spot on...so much fun

latest pics

bodies are now finished to

Old 22-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Wellz!!!!
Ka driver

looks ace, never realised it have been in a bump :O Love the ITB
Old 24-05-2009, 07:33 AM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks bloody good for a little fiesta
Old 25-05-2009, 08:39 PM
shifty_babe

Originally Posted by kosman
looks bloody good for a little fiesta

thanks ...always nice to hear comments like that from people who own fast fords

Originally Posted by Wellz!!!!
looks ace, never realised it have been in a bump :O Love the ITB

yea, unfortunately at the time i was being a prick which meant i ended up with a damaged car...luckily, that knocked some sense into me, i grew up and its not happening again lol
Old 26-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Fook me you like taking pictures lol.How easy is it st put the puma engine into the car?Do you need a differnet wiring loom.Also how easy was it to fit the boot popper switch .Is it just a few wires going to the solinoid in the boot lid?
Old 22-06-2009, 09:17 PM
shifty_babe

lol theres 3 years worth of pictures there

puma engines easy. you use the original loom and just have to put a few extra sensors in.

boot popper switch i didnt do. i managed to blow my interior electrics twice so thought it was best left to the bf lol but yea i think its a live, a negative and one to the solenoid
Old 18-01-2010, 12:48 PM
explosifpete
Virgin

very nice, bt it goes well.
will as pair of cossi brakes be next on the list?
Old 20-01-2010, 03:30 PM
escort van s.n

looks good, starting to like mk4 fiesta's now, might look into getting one and drop in puma lump. think it would make good daily/weekend toy.