Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

fiesta turbo tidy up

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
scottrs
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fiesta turbo tidy up

owned the car for 2 months now and thought it was about time i got to work on it .decided i was gonna paint the floor as the rest of the car was so good and i thought this lets it down .....so here goes ...i took the car to my work and dragged the power washer round to the loading bay and set about it .i tired this cause i could,nt be arsed spending the next 3 weeks with a scarper.
this was a wet cold dirty job with the water freezing around me which made the ramp a sheet of black ice ,not the best job to do when its 0 degress outside anyway it worked a treet as 95% of the underseal came of .took me around 2-3 hours .
found a few rust issues around the rear of the sill where the floor meets the sill edge (misuse of the jack thats done it ) but its very minor and wont take long to sort .

so heres some pics and i will update as time goes on

before

after

i know the pics are gash but bye this point i was soaked through and freezing lol

also got a new (second hand ) standard boost hose a very hard item to get hold of

right a wee update ,not really had that much time at the car due to work and family commitments but i did manage to get a start on it ,i took the bodykit of but that in itself was a mission as most of it was bonded on .took me most of the day to get it of without damaging anything
did,nt know what to expect rust wise under the kit and underneath and i was really surprised to see how good it was just the jacking points on the sills and a wee bit of rust on the rear valance

i decided to cut the sill of at the jacking points straighten out the floor lip and weld in a new bit of sill ,didnt want to cut the whole sill of as it was in good nick apart from the area around the damaged jacking points

with that done it got a coat of primer and then some 3m spray on rubber sealer ...exspensive but really good stuff ,so just need to get on with the other side and then its of to the bodyshop for the kit ,arches ,rear valance and rear quater to the painted .i will update soon

i got the car undercoated last week in ford dove grey my idea was to get the underside as how it would when it round out the factory .i did nt want to do it in solid red .anyway heres the pics i am not to sure weather i have pulled it of or not ........................maybe to much red ..what do you guys think ?????.

no matter what it will have to do as the show season is coming up fast and the fact i will never do full concours in it as i like to use my car. so i got on with putting it back together ,the axle was stripped and repainted as long with other bits and bobs .i put the tank back on for this now but i am gonna get a new one as its abit rusty .

i even made some new brake pipes for the rear and painted them up green just like they should of been ,so thats it just got a few more jobs to do before its off to the body shop for touch up .

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by scottrs; 03-03-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:06 PM
hai07222
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Looks solid, good luck with the rest of it
Old 03-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

Wow fantastic ,well done
Old 04-03-2009, 07:09 AM
andycosworth
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

looks well m8
Old 04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
wess-rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

looks very nice!! keep updates coming!