Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

RS Turbo cabriolet project

Search this Thread

Old 21-03-2007, 10:56 AM
chRiS Turbo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS Turbo cabriolet project

Just thought I'd put a post on here for my RS turbo cabriolet that I bought last year. It has come a long way to make it road worthy but I'm not happy with the way it is so.... a complete strip down to the bare shell and rebuild with new parts and some reused, and a good paint job (I sprayed it out of cans so that it was just 1 colour for it's MOT, well I didn't wonna look like a pratt driving it there).
Anyway the first few pictures were of the car when my mate owned the car before me.

The headlights, front bumper, bonnet and scooby scoop were first to go!

The rear bumper didn't really suit the car so that was next to go.

The last picture of when my mate had it, the front bumper was swithced again for a cut bumper.

New bumper on, and changed the wheels (gonna change them again but I'm keeping my options open)

Sprayed the bonnet black to test my spaying ability.

All in black but had to put some different wheels on MOT.

Rear view, I keep changing my mind about the scooby spoiler, but I like it on the car at the moment (opinions welcome, please don't be too harsh)

Bonding the side skirts onto a cabriolet isn't easy to do without them cracking all the time, they have been removed and I won't be bonding them onto the shell again.

Well that is the project so far, it is going to be a slow project as I'm at uni studying motorsport technology and cash is tight but doing most of the work myself should save a few £££. I will update in a few weeks when I move house. Hope your like it so far.
Old 21-03-2007, 11:13 AM
SaqsS2turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

not a bad car mate have you still got your cossie front bumper and are you interested in selling it drop me a pm if you are cheers mate and the car is nice spoiler looks ok not too bad gud work on it thow
Old 21-03-2007, 12:20 PM
chRiS Turbo

Sorry mate, all the parts removed were sold straight away. The bumper was in good condition, but I didn't like it on the MK4, same with the lights.
Old 21-03-2007, 12:25 PM
SaqsS2turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

ahhh right no worries mate keep up the gud work
Old 21-03-2007, 05:14 PM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so is that whole car painted with ratlle cans or spray gun???

looks like your getting on well there mate
Old 21-03-2007, 06:00 PM
chRiS Turbo

Lol, all out of cans, £30 paint job as I didn't want to look like a twat with a car 5 different colours when I drove to the MOT station. Don't worry it isn't staying that way, I will be respraying it when I've completely stripped it down in a few weeks.

But.... it doesn't look as bad as you would think in real life!
Old 23-03-2007, 11:38 PM
chRiS Turbo

Right, not much of an update but I have managed to get the car started today, after a couple of months sitting there I decided it was time to tackle the issue of it not starting. A few reasons I think, firstly the starter is on it's last legs and secondly a sensor at the back of the engine had come off? I didn't think this would be the reason but once it was put back on the car fired up straight away. At least now it can be driven to it's new home in a few weeks. I will update properly when I start to dismantle it.