Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

My 1.9 FRST - new vid added! (on 2nd page)

Search this Thread

Old 20-09-2005, 12:12 AM
andyhardy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another bit of an update - I didn't mention it on here but the car failed it's MOT due to knackered oil seals on the turbo!

So after going to Ford Fair in my runaround I got my mate Simon to take the turbo off for me and I got Turbo Technics to take it in for me. Unfortunately the turbo was beyond repair with some strange internals (it was bought a long time ago secondhand). Anyway - I decided to buy a new one from them rated to 28psi (I'm only running 20psi max) or about 250bhp or so, perfect as that's just above the maximum kind of levels I plan to run anyway

As soon as it was back it was fitted that very evening (big thanks to Simon again! )

After getting this done I then got the car MOT'd so I could get it taxed in time for Trax

Motorised touchscreen for carputer system installed (wiring was tidied up shortly afterwards as well as a good clean of the interior!)

Made it to Trax (but forgot to take any pics of my car when there! ) so luckily someone else got one...

I have a bit of a list of things I still need to do to get the car running 'properly' again but Simon sorted a few of those out for me today

- Rear strut adjusters freed off
- Anti-freeze/Summer coolant in after coolant dumping after Trax
- Oil level checked - everything fine
- Gearbox oil topped up
- Reverse gear light switch in properly now
- Clutch pedal adjusted to new biting point (it's now finally bedded in )

All I need to get done now is the following:

- Get Grove Garage to check and adjust cam sensor timing
- Get Grove Garage to set boost how it should be (only running 15psi compared to 20psi previously)
- Fit oil cooler and associated gauges
- Adjust intercooler and mold bumper to aid air flow as well as sorting out ducting to oil cooler
- Sort out underseal and rust proofing of boot floor (looking a bit skanky now)

I've also got a new vid put up for you to enjoy

You'll need the DivX codec to watch it and it's quite big at 40Mb (right click and save target as):

CVH power! 40Mb (DivX)

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Andy