Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Mondeo 2.5L V6 GHIA X - ESP - What does this do ?

Search this Thread

Old 15-09-2005, 01:38 PM
theblackmondeo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo 2.5L V6 GHIA X - ESP - What does this do ?

Hi there

Took my recently acquired Mondeo out for a decent spin last night to put it though its paces a bit - the orange warning light for the Electronic Stability Program came on on the dashboard as I turned quite sharply and stayed on until I turned off engine and turned back on again.

Can anyone advise me what this function actually does - and if this is normal ?

Thanks

Si
Old 17-09-2005, 03:43 PM
JamieMS
PassionFord Regular

Traction control, not sure it is suposed to stay on though. You should have an on-off switch for it by the ash try, if the light is on the traction control is off.
Old 18-09-2005, 10:12 AM
theblackmondeo
Virgin

Thanks Jamie - will keep an eye on it . Doesnt seem to have come on since - maybe a glitch or it didnt like the way I cornered the car
Old 09-10-2005, 07:46 AM
ianst220
Virgin

Dont know the full name of it but its like a stability control.Controls traction under accelration and cornering.Floor it in a straight line and it will genrally stop you from spinning.Do it with half lock or full lock on n the crazy thing will stop you from going anywhere.If you want a quick get away its just in reach of ya finger to turn it off while ya hand on gear know.In my 220 it is anyway.
Good thing to have to stop you getting it out of shape.But bloody dangerous to have on if your pulling out in front of a truck and need to get a quick get off.it just bogs you and deliberatly stops you from accelerating.Only way i can put it is it stals you.
If you turn it off light appears on dash(car with skid marks behind it).sometimes ive noticed with some electronic gadgets in the mondeo you do have to switch car off and restart to reset itself dont know why.

ian
Old 11-11-2005, 02:34 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traction control on mine doesnt seem to work when you pull off and turn at same time, spins up like fook till u straighten up then it cuts in. The car bounces around like fook when you turn it off and give it some tho.
Old 14-11-2005, 06:13 PM
JamieMS
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by ST24Lad
Traction control on mine doesnt seem to work when you pull off and turn at same time, spins up like fook till u straighten up then it cuts in. The car bounces around like fook when you turn it off and give it some tho.
What i would do is with the light off, throw it into a roundabout and see just when its about to oversteer if the ESP puts the brakes on to stop the slide.
Then do the same with the light on and see the difference.