Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Mondeo 16" on ford ka????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:39 AM
$i
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo 16" on ford ka????

any one know if 16" mondeo (cossie style) wheels will fit on a ka with out too much tinkering?

thanks in advance
Old 05-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Chas
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes they will fit, but there are a few obstacles to get past.

1) They will rub the struts if no spacers are used. I believe you need to use 8mm spacers, so that they clear the front struts (which will require you getting some longer studs from a Transit).

2) they will rub the inner wheel liner when on Full lock. You can either not turn as much, or get a Rack Limiter kit from Ford. On most Kas this is not a big issue, but with the later ones (around 2001 onwards), the coolant pipes are close to where the wheels rub.

3) If you have collection arches, they will rub them when going over bumps. If you have the Black bumpers, they don't rub as much, and I believe that by carefully filing away the arches, that this can be stopped.

The Biggest issue however is the performance. A ka is not very fast to start with. With anything bigger than 15", you're going to feel a dent in the performance. Personally, if you don't have any engine mods done, I would stick with a set of 15" rims.

Hope this helps mate.