Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Mondeo st tdci issue

Search this Thread

Old 19-09-2016, 09:20 PM
craigst24
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo st tdci issue

My st tdci decided to stop working last weekend driving fine then had a bit of diesel knock and black smoke then turned off.
Car was recovered and was diagnosed with injector problem as the aa mechanic got it going on easy start ran a bit rough then suffered diesel knock if revved.
Anyway did a leak test and was found that one injector was leaking off insane amounts of fuel. So a replacement was purchased and fitted by myself then re programmed using a snap on ethos scanner.
Problem now is the car won't start it cranks fine and is on the verge of starting but won't go that last bit!!!!! Help!!!!
Old 27-10-2020, 02:21 PM
StuHorrocks
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo ST tdci still having an issue starting

I have a 2006 mondeo st tdci, I lost power under acceleration and felt judders between 1800-2500rpm... I drove it to a garage local garage after a couple of days with no change or improvement and no warning lights on dash, a mechanic put it on a computer and told me it doesn't feel right (gutsy, his exact words) anyway, result said fault p summit or other _ mass airflow meter to which i bought from euro for £190 and replaced it straight away - only to find a rip in the pipe on the front going going into the bottom of what I think is egr "Dunno" ?? either way I bandaged it up with duck tape until I can go get a new one, but now it won't start?? I kept turning it over and it just wouldn't start (like it had no diesel) after eventually flattening my battery, my neighbour attached jump leads but after having no luck getting it to start although it was turning so to speak, he disconnected the middle pipe on my fuel filter in top left corner as I turned it over and said the their is no diesel in my car? I argued saying I got 1/4 of a tank and after walking to garage for £5 diesel, put it in and still nothing coming out the middle pipe when we try to start it again... I can hear fuel pump when first turning ignition on so ?? Where do I go from here...

I got up this morning and attached a piece of hose pipe to the middle connection on the fuel filter and sucked on it like cheap brass trying to get earn her next fix until I got a mouthful of diesel and then reconnected the pipe to my fuel filter and hooked it up to my neighbours car with jump lead and tried turning it over but had no joy (although battery is now very weak so after getting hold if some I attempted to drag it round the block in 2nd gear but that snapped so I am now back to square one... Any advice please