Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Mondeo 2003 2.0 TDCI fuel problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 30-04-2011, 12:48 AM
jaruler
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo 2003 2.0 TDCI fuel problem, please help

Hi guys i hope you can help

I have a 2.0 diesel tdci 2003 mondeo estate.

for about a week now i have had to call out recovery 2 times and broken down 3 times. Still now the car wont start. i think and so do the recovery guys that there is a fuel problem.

after it broke down first time i had noticed on the motorway it was shuddering and acting strange and the management system kept kicking in and reducing my speed. once i got to come off a junction and at traffic lights it died and would not start.

now already i know the 2nd injector is dyeing but for over a year the car has worked and only becomes a problem if revving up in high gears past the 2.5k mark.

i managed to get the car towed back to a yard and take off what was a suspected fuel filter problem then put a air hose through it to clean it out, replaced this and tried to get the car running. no joy as the fuel looks to not being pulled through.

so put the air hose through the petrol cap entry and blast the petrol through the filter while the middle connector on filter was off and diesel streamed out very well.

put the connector back on and within 1 hour after being left it was working.

next day car would not start again after being used for 20 miles the previous day. recovery out again but this time i replaced the fuel filter with a new one i had bought just in case and still would not start. the mechanic opened air filter and sprayed easy start into engine and then the car was working. turned it off and on and it started up easy. ran it for 40 miles yesterday with a break in the day of several hours.

problem thought to be ok until this morning when again it wont start. its clicking over but not starting. someone has suggested there could be air leaking into the fuel system from some where.

how do i check if true without spending lots of cash, how do i bleed this out? i have limited budget right now so any help would be great. apparently bleeding air out of the fuel system is easy so i am keen to try this.

other possible problems someone has mentioned is that maybe the lift pump is not working or that it is the actual injector?

does anyone have a clue what i am describing? plus could help? I need to resolve this tomorrow or sunday in time for work next week.

kind regards