Non Ford parts & other stuff for sale If its not for a Ford, or even not car part... this is the room to sell it!! Starting a topic requires you to have purchased a gold membership.

hurrax Crypton 4wd 1/5 scale Petrol RC

Search this Thread

Old 22-02-2009, 08:10 AM
rob2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hurrax Crypton 4wd 1/5 scale Petrol RC

You can read everything i've ranted on about below or watch the vid and see for yourself... :norty:

YouTube - Hurrax Crypton 4WD

Here we have my Hurrax Crypton 4WD which i am selling to fund new project.

Details below are taken from the Hurrax Site,

After more than 2 years of development and testing Hurrax presents a completely new product in the range of large scale 4WD cars.

The Crypton 4WD sets new standards for durability, power train layout and variability. An artful, tried and tested all-wheel-drive concept made to exceptional quality and with excellent handling. Consequently hobby drivers as well as racers can enjoy the new way of driving 4WD.

To compromising nothing in performance, quality and design deliberately none of the already known components was used. On the contrary every single part was CAD designed regarding its use.

The chosen mix of materials shows a perfect combination of power to weight ratio and durability. Therefore the plastic parts are made of many different materials depending on their use. Wherever it was necessary the parts were made from high-grade aluminum. Also many chrome and stainless steel parts are used.

Features

* Extremely tough Alloy chassis and suspension layout
* Drive system: hardened and weight optimized metal gears with sealed gear boxes
* Drive shaft power transmission
* Alloy differential incl. spiral bevel gear
* Double wish bone suspension with maximum setup variability (adjustable)
* Large suspension travel (adjustable)
* Runs exclusively on ball bearings
* Alloy shock absorber incl. progressive springs (adjustable)
* Powerful dual disc brake
* Adjustable alloy servo saver
* Easy access to change the gear ratio
* 26ccm Zenoah engine (power 2.2KW / 3.0PS)
* Factory assembled
* Length: 866mm
* Width: 470mm height 310mm
* Wheelbase: (variable) from 558mm (standard) to 526mm
* Weight (without radio control) approx. 11.5kg
* Tyre diameter: 176mm, width: 63mm
* Camber: front and rear axle adjustable
* Toe front- and rear axle adjustable
* Fuel tank capacity 650ml
* Gear ratio variable in 10 steps from 8.74:1 to 14.27:1
* Turning circle: 2.6m

New these cost £1000, for that you get just the R/c model itself. You then have to buy radio gear and sevos before you can get to the fun part.

Included is the very best servos available on the market for 1/5th rc. Multiplex Rhino for the steering £75, Hiteq 645 metal gear throttle / brake servo £40. However you cant buy cheaper even if you wanted to as only the best will work due to its power and weight.

For the radio radio gear i bought the very latest in technoligy. 2.4Ghz Acoms Technisport Digital transmiter and receiver.

These radio systems operate on a very high frequency so the signal travels at the speed of light for a lightning fast responce. These radios are on no fixed frequencys, so when they are turned on they will automatically scan across 40 channels to find the strongest available to lock onto. The receiver and transmitter have a unique ID so that they recognise each other and a built in fail safe. It can be used with upto 10 different models (additional recievers required) and can adjust steering, throttle trims and rate adjustments. £90

I have also purchased additional spares for those just in case situations,

2.4Ghz Acoms Technisport Digital transmiter and receiver £90
4 new wheels and tyres, Never opened, still in packing. A set of 4 costs £125
Spare shock shaft £5
Shock oil £5
camber adjustable Turnbuckle £6
Top suspension arm £10
Servo Saver Spring Hard £4
Racing Venom 2 stroke oil £10
Steering Servo £75
Brake / Throttle Servo £40

1 2600mAH Reciever Battery pack £19
1 1800mAH Instant Reciever Battery pack £24 (holds 90% Guarnteed Charge for 2 years)
8 Lithium Batterys for Transmitter £10
1 Battery Pack Charger £16
Servo Y lead £4
Dedicated Throttle Servo to work with servo Y Lead and Brake Servo. £25
Outerwears Flywheel / Pull starter water/dust Jacket £20

A total off £487 worth of extra bits on an already £1000 car.

Fixed price £875 delivered.

(Just finished installing the 3rd servo so theres - 1 for steering, 1 for throttle and 1 for the brake.)

Here is a sample pic, my shell is completly metalic green, will get pics asap.

** Please dont confuse this with a nitro car, it is more than twice the size and runs on Unleaded petrol or V-Power if you want more oomph **
Some picys of the car... took some next to my daughters pink coupe thing to give an idea of the size... (no smart coments )

New pics.. first pic shows the servos.