Music & Car Audio Chat Most of your cars have a great sound system and you love music yeah? Discuss these things here...

BMW E92 325 AudioSystems/Mosconi install

Search this Thread

Old 14-01-2011, 11:27 PM
bassboy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Default BMW E92 325 AudioSystems/Mosconi install

Doing this install for a friend of mine who recalled a favour I owed him so thought I would help him out with his install

Naim brought over his newly aquired BMW E92 325 round for an install...he had quite specific requirements;

- OEM Stereo integration
- A system that plays loud, clean and crisp
- Has to offer a fair bit of bass
- Everything has to look stock

Now lets not forget what Naim is moving over from...A walled Astra with 2 18 AA Havocs and 152ish db of bass!!! Now this was going to be a major task to satisfy his bass needs!!

Obviously with the car being a new addition into Naim's life, obviously he had to have the install done without alternating any panelling in the car! I dont think the resale value would be great if we put in custom panels everywhere lol...Forget the re-sale value...his parents would go MAD...probably hunt me down to PMSL!!!

After testing out various AudioSystems and Mosconi products, I told Naim to use the AudioSystems XION BMW 200 kit which includes 2 8" subs, 2 4" midrange, a pair of tweeters, and a pair of crossovers. This is designed to be a direct replacement kit for the 1/3 Series BMW's.

The amp powering the lot is a Mosconi 120.4 for a few reasons - They accept high level inputs so integrates PERFECTLY with the OEM stereo...the amp also comes with AutoSensing feature which eliminates the need for any external 'remote' sources or adapters. The amp turns on when it detects voltages, and turns off when the headunit fully powers down! Couple these features with the AWESOME SQ available from these amps, we certainly had a winner without a doubt!

Unfortunately I didnt get as many pictures as I would have hoped as we were pressed for time...but what I have is

Stripping the interior panels

The amp

OEM sub

New sub

Side panels and back seat base removed

OEM Wiring modified to accept the aftermarket speakers and amp

Speaker wires converted to RCA's

All wiring harnesses have been loomed back into the OEM look using loom tape so it all looks stock in the panels

teamSPB
Old 14-01-2011, 11:36 PM
bassboy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

Old mids vs new

Amps location decided

Test fit

Edges sprayed black

Carpeted

Fitted

Didnt take any photos of the tweeter fitting unfortunately

How stock could it look?!?!

Only thing needing to finish it off is a 'pretty panel' for the amp so the cabling cant be seen, but unforunately, we ran out of time! But its something that we will do soon

teamSPB
Old 14-01-2011, 11:57 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

out of intrest, how much is that mosconi amp?

and from what you are saying, all it needs is an input from the head unit to power up and power down?