Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

shonkey fuel from sainburys

Old 12-03-2017, 08:36 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default shonkey fuel from sainburys

ive had running problems with my 1994 zzr 1100 d1. i stripped the carbs twice recently just to find there was fuk all wrong with them on both times. i put some propper stuff in yesterday its now such a different bike even runs cooler. i only started using sainburys shite recently as well i should have twiged
Old 12-03-2017, 09:03 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

I get that with my husky lol it's an older left kick only 610. Starts and runs much better on optimax
Old 13-03-2017, 08:23 AM
youngben

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ran my RS4 on Sainsburys super for a few tanks and it was suffering cold start issues and was very jerky. Changed to Tesco 99 and all went away. Shite stuff.
Old 18-03-2017, 10:56 PM
ray barker

been out on the bike again did the same trip exact miles but with the v power i used only half a tank instead of a full tank using sainsburys shalack. i cant believe the difference. so what damage is the cheap stuff doing whats it doing to my cossie and my daily astra td never again
Old 18-03-2017, 11:07 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by ajamesc
I get that with my husky lol it's an older left kick only 610. Starts and runs much better on optimax
fuk only a 610. is it a dirt bike. i recently sold my 400 ktm single 4t. that was elec and kick.the battery died on it once i did a ride out with it i soon got a new battery. i had an old fantic first of the single shock ones that had a left kicker i think but that kicked forward
Old 19-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

Just seen this thread, yep Sainsbury's fuel is bloody terrible. I've been running my van on their diesel for ages and my vans always hunted on idle, I just assumed it was needing a PCM software update and a new PRV that transits are known for.

It would shudder the full van and you'd feel it in your feet and almost feel asif it was going to cut out so I'd hold the revs myself above idle.

Two weeks ago I filled up with Esso Supreme diesel and what a difference, from cold it starts straight away and runs so smooth and is a lot more responsive.

This is the first time I've noticed qaulity difference in fuel, suffice to say I won't be using sainsburys shit again.
Old 19-03-2017, 04:29 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by ray barker
fuk only a 610. is it a dirt bike. i recently sold my 400 ktm single 4t. that was elec and kick.the battery died on it once i did a ride out with it i soon got a new battery. i had an old fantic first of the single shock ones that had a left kicker i think but that kicked forward
Supermoto a proper one lol the softer ones came with a button to start
Old 19-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I've just dynoed my BM s1000rr track bike on sainsbury's 95 ron unleaded and then Shell
V power there was no difference in power. Perhaps Northern Sainsbury's is just a better brew

Last edited by Turbosystems; 19-03-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 19-03-2017, 07:11 PM
ray barker

i dont think its sainsburys fuel i think its just budget super market fuel in general. i noticed to day that sainsbury do a super unleaded in my area only on two pumps but only do the one diesel so now its guna be v power derv for my astra. tesco & morrisons have only std derv. the dyno test is intresting the bike sounds like a weapon. ive not noticed my bike being quicker just smoother and more efficient
Old 19-03-2017, 07:35 PM
ray barker

and after yesterday doing allot more mpg. i said to the chap at shell he said i got no reason to lie but every body has said the same smoother more mpg he`s been there twelve months no body has told him it dont work he said i dont give a f..k what peeps use im here paying my bills. my wife`s better not say who she is fat feminist c..t it cant get a bloke so it hates men or anyone one having a nice life she`s dribbled on about this for years and ive thought fuk of but she swears by texaco more mpg & smoother. but thinking about it texaco down here is dear as fuk allway nearly ten p a ltr more its probably better quality. my mrs`s works for the c o p and they do texaco but changing to c o p`s own fuel soon even the tanker driver said its guna be shocking compared to what they got now
Old 19-03-2017, 07:37 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

I've worked on a few tankers and supermarkets buy in bulk what's cheapest from wear ever is cheapest. So you could be getting anything. Shell tankers supply there own quality shell fuel
Old 19-03-2017, 07:56 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
I've just dynoed my BM s1000rr track bike on sainsbury's 95 ron unleaded and then Shell
V power there was no difference in power. Perhaps Northern Sainsbury's is just a better brew
id like to no more about your bike have you got any pics i only got into bikes a couple years ago i bet you got no chicken strips on that. i dont push mine i went down the lizard rd first thing nice rd mint ride
Old 19-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

A few pics runs mint on Sainsburys 95 ron too

Last edited by Turbosystems; 19-03-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 19-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

I've ran my cossie on their 97 and it was fine, just the pikey bus hates their dieseasal. Pain as I've got to drive well off the beating track for better fuel lol.
Old 19-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Adam-M
I've ran my cossie on their 97 and it was fine, just the pikey bus hates their dieseasal. Pain as I've got to drive well off the beating track for better fuel lol.
My mk6 2.4 tddi transhit runs fine on Sainsburys Diesel
Old 21-03-2017, 05:42 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
A few pics runs mint on Sainsburys 95 ron too

nice bike no chicken strips on that dirty great swinging arm. i wouldnt mine looking at some bmw`s but there isnt any yam/kwak/honda we got.i was looking at the new honda cbr 1000rr i cant see it being worth 20.000 next modle down 4000 cheaper it didnt have the ohlins suspension or the brembows but still had four pots same hp/torque vertually same bike
Old 21-03-2017, 06:01 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by ajamesc
I've worked on a few tankers and supermarkets buy in bulk what's cheapest from wear ever is cheapest. So you could be getting anything. Shell tankers supply there own quality shell fuel
some body was telling me same thing. i get fuel for the terd tanker i drive at shell only because we got shell cards and most mornings the tanker is there but now i wona quiz the t..t he`s not been there. i havnt noticed any difference with my astra td ive just changed that over to v power
Old 21-03-2017, 06:41 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

The reps at my work will do around 1000 miles a week, some use the cheapest diesel available, others stick to shell / bp. Guess which ones get all the egr / injector problems!

Search this Thread