Ringing a company and doing a quote for ''infuture''

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2015, 04:32 PM
SMILER258
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Ringing a company and doing a quote for ''infuture''

Well...

Insurance has gone down all of £400 for my Seat ibiza 1.9tdi. I've just spent the best part of a week doing all the repairs it needed, cambelt, waterpump, major service, detail, and making it a nice presentable car, but even still it's worth jack all, and it's £2600 quid to insure a car worth half that! And because of my location and age I'm being shafted twice as hard as most people do. No wonder people drive uninsured! The penalties are less! Might have to find myself a rover 25 and rag that around for a year

But more to the point

Are there any companies that will do me a quote for in a months time? I've currently got 1 month until I renew my insurance and on money supermarket I've been putting all my details in as if I've got 1 years ncb. (sort of using the details that will be correct in a months time) As I daren't start ringing companies, getting quotes, and then in a month them refusing to give it me because I was faking the details or whatever. Just getting stressed as I'm on less than minimum wage and the new daily I chose is now uninsurable as of this time. I should've just bought a saxo and been done with it

Any help or info appreciated as I'm pulling hairs out recently

Cheers,
Nathan
Old 19-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Google a broker like "a plan" and get them on it, don't use that money supermarket rubbish, they ruin your credit score as all the companies credit check you.
Old 19-10-2015, 05:21 PM
cossie ken
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of companies will give a quote and hold it for a set period of time. They will normally give you a reference number to quote if you decide to accept the deal.
Old 19-10-2015, 06:12 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 19-10-2015, 07:34 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

I just insured a A210 AMG merc for £288 a year fully comp with 0 no claims and 3 points for speeding if that makes you feel any better.....?
its good to be old.
sell the car now you've done the repairs and get quotes on something smaller before you buy it.
Old 19-10-2015, 09:07 PM
SMILER258
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

But if I gave the company details to say I had a years ncb when I come to buy the quote, even though I currently don't, will that affect the quote they'd give me if they held it for 30 days? As in if I told them to change 1 or 2 details then that quote would become invalid? And seeing as some quotes vary depending on profits at that time of the month (or so I was told that's why prices go up and down sometimes) I might end up with a more expensive quote because of it?

Will give A plan a buzz in the morning

And no that just makes me weep fuzzy. God help me when I come to insure my 4efte powered metro