Glad they were good for you Rod.

They got me a driving ban the bastards.
Old 20-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Stevie RS Boy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Flux simply the best.
One of only two companies in the UK to insure my car + Nitrous. Can only say good things about there service & a pleasure to deal with-cost £900. Ive had a cheaper quote this year from the other company but loyalty is both ways.
Loyalty means nothing to insurance companies, they only look after new customers, which is wrong.
Old 20-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Vacuman
PassionFord Regular

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

After building cars as a spotty teenager in the late 70's Flux was one of the few companies around that would insure modified cars. Before the age of 23 they had insured my V6 Cortina, my V6 Pop and my 351 Mustang. Never had to claim and back then, before the internet, trusting the post and old fashioned good customer service was all there was to worry about. Payment was by cheque. These days who double-checks the online banking to make sure that payment has been taken? We should as the onus is on us to make sure the payment has gone through but is an easy thing to overlook.

Flux may be far from perfect, certainly in the eyes of those who have posted on this thread, and I'm in no position to defend them. Perhaps the fact that they are still in this market 40 years on is because they avoid shelling out but I would like to think it's because they value their customers and the customers stay loyal.

Finally, one thing not mentioned is how much premiums vary due to location. If you live in the middle of no-where then premiums will be much lower than the high-risk areas of our big cities. Garage or off-street parking also helps as does limited mileage which is fine for us with more than one car but no joy for those less fortunate.