How to obtain proof of NCB ?

Search this Thread

Old 17-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How to obtain proof of NCB ?

I will start with the most logical answer of asking your previous insure like most people do and passing it on to the one insurer,this is where the problem is.

One of my mates who is a named driver on a family members car and has been for years has recently told me as his auntie who insures the car hasn't declared her ncb.I know she has been driving for 16 years without a claim

I think they only declared 3 years which is stupid,I always wondered why it seemed expensive when it was renewal time .

She never keeps any paperwork like renewals They can give registrations of cars they have had for 6 years but thats about it,so is there any other way to try and sort this out ?

I forgot to add as they have swapped Insurance companys a few times and were only with the AA for 2 years

Last edited by Rax; 17-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 17-07-2013, 11:35 AM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

If it hasn't been used on a vehicle, then it expires after 2 years. So if she hasn't been declaring it, there will be no record of it. The only ncb she will have is what's stated on her policy from last year.
Old 17-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The last company I went with gave me mine even though it was three years.I had a classic policy which ncb is not used and I was named on another policy,lucky realy because as you say 2 years and its gone.

The thing is though she has had no breaks in between any policy but never sent proof of to any of the brokers except for the AA.It makes it 3 years ncb this renewal in a couple of days.

Oh well I suppose they will remember to tick the box next time