Tw@tted a kerb because i was "cut up". Can i claim against them? now with video, NSFW

Search this Thread

Old 29-05-2013, 06:27 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Location: normally dewsbury west yorkshire, but i could wake up anywhere!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tw@tted a kerb because i was "cut up". Can i claim against them? now with video, NSFW

Ive been cut up coming off a roundabout, spanked the kerb. Can i put a claim in against their insurance for the repair?

I have video evidence to prove it & a kerb mark in my recentley plasti-dipped wheels. Prior to which were mint escos's.

Old deary refused to stop, police were called, I was detained within the police car with a complete tit whilst old deary was free to leave.

Got the sense i was being discrimanted against for driving a modified car, proper got interogated. (<Enter spell check there)

Comments?

video

Last edited by jghs83; 30-05-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: video added
Old 29-05-2013, 06:33 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

For the cost of what they'll be to repair, I highly doubt the increase on your premium will justify it.

Although it sounds like you made a bit of a meal about it, calling the police for being cut up?
Old 29-05-2013, 06:35 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

I want to off the 3rd party, not my own.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:38 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

im surprised the police even attended for a scuffed wheel.
best ask your insurance company rather than random opinions on here but i dont think youll have much luck.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:40 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by jghs83
I want to off the 3rd party, not my own.
Regardless, you will still of made a claim, and will subsequently be shafted.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:40 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

They called the police as i was trying to flag her down as i thought she'd hit me! It was bloody close & a right thud!

Last edited by jghs83; 29-05-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:42 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
I shouldve hit her then

a fez mk6 bumper is easier to source than a mint escos wheel

Last edited by jghs83; 29-05-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the reg for the old dear?? If not then you got no-one to claim against!! If you do, just tell the insurance company and they will contact the owner of the car. If her insurance contact her and she denies it then its tough doo doo's!
Did YOU call the old bill? or were they just in the area? Seems strange to 'detain' you?
Old 29-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

You will only get 'shafted' if you claim on your insurance. If hers pay up then its all good and wont affect you.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:53 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Originally Posted by Lee Grout
Do you have the reg for the old dear?? If not then you got no-one to claim against!! If you do, just tell the insurance company and they will contact the owner of the car. If her insurance contact her and she denies it then its tough doo doo's!
Did YOU call the old bill? or were they just in the area? Seems strange to 'detain' you?
Got it all on video bud so she cant deny it.

She called the police as i was "harrasing her" with dangerous driving which again i can prove i wasnt due to the video.

Old bill turned up and asked me to get in his car, i asked "why, am i being held"? No reply! Got in his car, then he told old deary to go?

No rights read or nothing, started nit-picking at every little thing & i shouldnt worry about it & deal with it.

What if idve hit the kerb and flipped? Should i still not worry about it? (Its happened before with a jeep on its side due to some other twit)
Old 29-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

Got it all on video bud so she cant deny it.

She called the police as i was "harrasing her" with dangerous driving which again i can prove i wasnt due to the video.

Old bill turned up and asked me to get in his car, i asked "why, am i being held"? No reply! Got in his car, then he told old deary to go?

No rights read or nothing, started nit-picking at every little thing & i shouldnt worry about it & deal with it.

What if idve hit the kerb and flipped? Should i still not worry about it? (Its happened before with a jeep on its side due to some other twit)
As I said then mate, contact your insurance, tell em you got the video and give em details.They will contact her insurance (as long as you got the reg) and they will deal with it from then on. If your video is clear then let them do their stuff and you should come out with fixed wheels as it'll come off her insurance. This wont affect your renewal next year round. Explain you've claimed when asked but confirm her party addmitted liability and paid up. I only know a bit about this stuff cos I had a guy drive into the side of me and write my 1st car off
Old 29-05-2013, 07:15 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

You will only get 'shafted' if you claim on your insurance. If hers pay up then its all good and wont affect you.

i think you'll find a lot of insurance companies will shaft you for any accident, fault or non fault, the only thing it wont affect is no claims bonus.
Old 29-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

get the video uploaded onto youtube so we can all have a laugh
Old 29-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

My missus had a old girl take the mirror off her worthless Golf turbo when we were in it, after we eventually chased her down and made clear of what she had done (to which she was oblivious) it got paid out on the old girls insurance as a non fault claim to us....and my wifes insurance went up Ł50 each year for 3 years afterwards!!!!.....jokers!!!!

I would let it be mate.
Old 29-05-2013, 07:48 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

how did you manage to record it all on video?
Old 29-05-2013, 08:05 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Originally Posted by Adam.
My missus had a old girl take the mirror off her worthless Golf turbo when we were in it, after we eventually chased her down and made clear of what she had done (to which she was oblivious) it got paid out on the old girls insurance as a non fault claim to us....and my wifes insurance went up Ł50 each year for 3 years afterwards!!!!.....jokers!!!!

I would let it be mate.
Idiotic the way insurance is run :/

But cheers for the info.
Old 29-05-2013, 08:06 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Originally Posted by fuzzy
how did you manage to record it all on video?
Ive got roadhawk cameras in all of my motors bud.
Old 29-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

I would let it be mate.
Not being funny or anything.....but insurance goes up in general each year. It shouldnt be to do with an accident if the claims against the other party and your not at fault, unless its dubbed a 50/50. I think thats just general increase in ins costs. Mine went up 40 odd quid one year after another year of no claims!
Old 30-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Not being funny or anything.....but insurance goes up in general each year. It shouldnt be to do with an accident if the claims against the other party and your not at fault, unless its dubbed a 50/50. I think thats just general increase in ins costs. Mine went up 40 odd quid one year after another year of no claims!
No....my wifes Insurance company told her it was due to the non-fault claim.
Old 30-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Your seen as a greater risk. The question have you had an accident goes from 'NO' to 'YES'.
Old 30-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

No....my wifes Insurance company told her it was due to the non-fault claim.
WHAT! Her ins went up even tho they didn't pay out for the claim and they told her it was because of that! Mental. I hate ins companies. TIP, NEVER stay same insurer unless you can't get it elsewhere! Robbing bastards!
Old 30-05-2013, 12:21 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by BigChuck
i think you'll find a lot of insurance companies will shaft you for any accident, fault or non fault, the only thing it wont affect is no claims bonus.
As above, regardless of who's fault it is, you're still seen as a greater risk.
Old 30-05-2013, 03:50 PM
CraigJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Is that road heading towards jct 40 of the M1? Coming from Dewsbury?
Old 30-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

As above, regardless of who's fault it is, you're still seen as a greater risk.
That's ludacrus. How can they class you as greater risk if someone bashes you up!? I have to say, my car got written off by someone driving into me from a junction. They copped the. Bill and I still have all no claims and my ins was still cheaper even explaining I had accident but they admitted liability! Suppose it depends who you go with to how your treated! I never felt I was penalised with that happening to me. Having experienced dealing with a claim I do feel sorry for anyone on the same boat.
Old 30-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

WHAT! Her ins went up even tho they didn't pay out for the claim and they told her it was because of that! Mental. I hate ins companies. TIP, NEVER stay same insurer unless you can't get it elsewhere! Robbing bastards!

When the new insurer asks have you been invoved in an accident you are obviously more of a risk if the answer is yes. Seems fairly simple really.
Old 30-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
When the new insurer asks have you been invoved in an accident you are obviously more of a risk if the answer is yes. Seems fairly simple really.
that's a bit too black or white tbh. Not being funny, and I understand THEY may view it differently but if you say yes I had an accident.....someone shunted me up the arse your not exactly a liability are you!?
Old 30-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

that's a bit too black or white tbh. Not being funny, and I understand THEY may view it differently but if you say yes I had an accident.....someone shunted me up the arse your not exactly a liability are you!?

TBH mate in a court of law, the old "i got shunted from behind" is nowadays a perfect excuse for a solicitor to say that you were obvs distracted as you stamped ya brakes on, thus my client never had a chance to stop..so your the fault, prove otherwise.
The old blame game.

So yeah an insurance company will still view you as a "possible" liability..
As hey its still an accident hence the claim regardless of fault, esp with petty scrapes like these(no offence op ).

Even being fault free wont keep your insurance down, i made an enquirey about a similiar incident...NEVER PUT A CLAIM IN just asked what could be done..
and guess what, my renewal went up!!??

fkin joke.

OP id let it go, it'll cost ya more than its worth
Old 30-05-2013, 05:55 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Originally Posted by CraigJ
Is that road heading towards jct 40 of the M1? Coming from Dewsbury?
It is mate.
Old 30-05-2013, 07:13 PM
the fox

i"d report the plod for for detaining you !they have to start an investigation because of your complaint against before mention plod show the vid to his line manager when they review it and see she didnt indicate and cut across u they will be compelled to proscute her for driving without due care and attention (to deflect your complaint) she goes to court gets fine magistrate will ask if any damaged caused and will adward damages accordingley no insurance companies need to be involved dont forget to ask if she used hands free when she called the filth! you wont have to go to court as a witness the vid does that for you and the wooden top get a bollocking from his guvernor or you can just suck it up but if i "d layed out on crash cam (was looking on ebay last night at em ) i want it to pay for itself good luck and best of british to you!
Old 30-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Lee Grout
PassionFord Regular

Iv'e just asked the question to by brother-in-law who worked for hastings direct for several years. He said if you involve your ins (even though not your fault) they MAY (not definite) put it up basically because your making them work! He said deal directly with HER ins company and not to bother having yours fight your corner. In theory then your ins next year shouldnt go up......IN THEORY, but yes her ins should pay up no worries.! Personally like i said, with my accident, i didnt have a problem with next years renewal ( i did change cos its ALWAYS cheaper) Maybe i just got lucky at the time, 7-8 years ago. Nowadays people put claims in for so much and so little maybe they just penalise evryone to cope with it!?
Old 30-05-2013, 07:44 PM
jghs83
can you smell purple?

Some great replies & info guys.

My insurance has put me through to the legal aid dept of their company which is free & having nothing more to do with it as ive stressed that im NOT putting any claim onto my insurance as the premium increase & excess will be more for me to pay for the damage which theyre cool with :thumbsup:

legal's are looking into the video and contacting 3rd parties
Insurance for an expanation and to recover fees for wheel repair.

Thanks again guys.
Old 30-05-2013, 07:55 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Some great replies & info guys.

My insurance has put me through to the legal aid dept of their company which is free & having nothing more to do with it as ive stressed that im NOT putting any claim onto my insurance as the premium increase & excess will be more for me to pay for the damage which theyre cool with :thumbsup:

legal's are looking into the video and contacting 3rd parties
Insurance for an expanation and to recover fees for wheel repair.

Thanks again guys.

you might as well claim now. you've informed your insurance company that you've had an accident, that will be logged and you will have to declare it to other insurance companies or it could be used to void any claim you may make for the next 5 years.

as it is now your going to suffer higher premiums regardless of whether you actually claim or not