General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

amarante garden parms sharm el sheike

Search this Thread

Old 15-05-2009, 10:27 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amarante garden parms sharm el sheike

had to put something on here to warn people about this hotel ,just got back still have sore belly and my partner has as well... went all inclusive........food made both of us ill and spent a lot of the holiday in our room we are not the only people to complain........i spent most of the holiday eating bread rolls as i would not have feed that shit to animals.....the swimming pool did not have the right chemicals in it as there was black fungus growing on the grout on the bottom of the pool, i swam in it two days and spent the day on the toilet...decided not to go in there again.....oh it is not heated or covered at night local feathered friends enjoy a bath!!!!!
on my last breakfast i had a coffee thank god as what i saw you had to see..... i watched as one of the chefs picked his nose and wiped the contents on the serving plate and placed the main serving spoon on top....
god only knows what they put in the food when no one is watching....
this is i write not in jest ....neil
Old 15-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Martin Hadland
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by chameleon
had to put something on here to warn people about this hotel ,just got back still have sore belly and my partner has as well... went all inclusive........food made both of us ill and spent a lot of the holiday in our room we are not the only people to complain........i spent most of the holiday eating bread rolls as i would not have feed that shit to animals.....the swimming pool did not have the right chemicals in it as there was black fungus growing on the grout on the bottom of the pool, i swam in it two days and spent the day on the toilet...decided not to go in there again.....oh it is not heated or covered at night local feathered friends enjoy a bath!!!!!
on my last breakfast i had a coffee thank god as what i saw you had to see..... i watched as one of the chefs picked his nose and wiped the contents on the serving plate and placed the main serving spoon on top....
god only knows what they put in the food when no one is watching....
this is i write not in jest ....neil
Welcome to Egypt mate
Old 15-05-2009, 10:49 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

i know now thanks martin but on the day we left a brit died mate.... of what the hospital did not know but the british embassy was at the hotel as it happened there!!!!if there killing people i will warn as many people as i can if you get my point!!!!
they were requesting a post mortem as i said before and i will repeat i say this not in jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

get it up on www.holidaytruths.co.uk

pretty shocking!
Old 16-05-2009, 03:05 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i watched as one of the chefs picked his nose and wiped the contents on the serving plate and placed the main serving spoon on top....
He was probably having a rest after getting tired of using your bread rolls to have a kick about with the kitchen staff.

Seriously though, doesnt sound good.. would definitely let as many people know as possible, because I'm guessing it wasn't exactly cheap to get there and stay there and if you avoid someone else being disappointed then its worth the hassle of posting here, there and everywhere.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 16-05-2009, 07:28 AM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

When I was in Iraq, my room mate went to sharm el sheikh for his R&R which had been brought forward 5 days. The day after he left egypt - his actual hotel was blown up!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4709491.stm

So I reckon you got off lightly with the squits

Not a place I'd like to go to really.
Old 16-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Fook that, I went to port el kantoui(sp.?) in Tunisia, hotel was rotten, food was nice though. Put me off going anywhere near north africa.
Old 16-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We've been the the Red Sea 4 times now (Dahab, Sharm, Taba, Marsa Alam), but have always followed one theme, stay in the BEST hotel in the area. I wouldn't go any other way, you see both ends of the spectrum, the bad hotels are REALLY bad, but as a stark contrast, the good hotels are REALLY good. We've never had anything shady happen over there, the staff are among the most pleasant people I have ever met, food is ace and all bar one or two minor incidents (that could have happened anywhere in the world), we've never felt unsafe.
Old 16-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Turboboy67
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Sharm for the second time in January,

The 3 Corners I think it was called, it was shocking

Lovely smell of sewerage every time you stepped out of the room

The same old bland mushey food all week, The place now seems to be swarming with house flies,

I went 5 years ago and stayed at the the Hilton in Sharks Bay, that was a good hotel.

The whole place seems to of been over developed now

I won't ever go back again.

Old 16-05-2009, 09:42 AM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

also the whole complexe was filled with acrid smoke at 7pm every night the first we new was when smoke entered our room and made us cough......
i know i got off lightly............probally will never know what happened to the brit that died but they met in public reception for the mans freinds to sort everything out,british embassy,hotel manager who didnt seem bothered answered mobile a few times during........i was spitting teeth and was so pleased to be told my tranfer to the airport had arrived......
Old 16-05-2009, 10:32 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

I went to Egypt in 1997, 2 weeks after I got back some terrorists shot up a load of tourist buses killing a load of people where i was staying.
I went to Sharm in July 2005, I flew back on the day of the London bombings . A week later Sharm is blown up where we had been staying and shopping.

Egypt is now off my holiday destination

Shame as I had an awesome time!
Old 16-05-2009, 06:46 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

im going to sharm el sheike (baron palms resort) in june. looks proper nice.
Old 16-05-2009, 06:58 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

never take all inclusive in these greasy holes.
Old 16-05-2009, 07:08 PM
RSGARETHW
always working

i went to egypt about 3 years ago now, stayed in makadi bay, at the grand makadi, was never ill once and the place was lovely couldnt recommend it enough. seems you have had a bit of bad luck
Old 16-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

<p>
Originally Posted by fuzzy
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>thats all these places offer? sc cant be that much better as youll end up eatting out at some point!</p>

Last edited by Fil; 16-05-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 16-05-2009, 07:25 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

surely theres some local places to eat outwith the hotel? local businesses will be cleaner and try harder rather than the mush they serve up as all inclusive.
Old 16-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

surely theres some local places to eat outwith the hotel? local businesses will be cleaner and try harder rather than the mush they serve up as all inclusive.
cant comment, but id like to here what people who have been there say about eatting out? bet its not great!
Old 16-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chameleon - certainly sounds like you had a bad holiday, i think you've been unlucky and chose a shite hotel theres still no excuse for chefs/cooks behaving like that

Me and the wife have been to Sharm El Sheikh before, first time we stayed at Reef Oasis resort and it was spot on and had a lovely time. The second time we went to Sierra resort ( @ the name) and the hotel itself wasn't too bad but the food was terrible imo, but i was never once poorly on holiday.

Originally Posted by Daveysaff
Fook that, I went to port el kantoui(sp.?) in Tunisia, hotel was rotten, food was nice though. Put me off going anywhere near north africa.
I've been to Port el Kantoui too, stayed in the Royal Kenz hotel and it was very nice, friendly staff, food was superb! The locals pissed me off trying to sell you everything they had in their shops everytime you walked past though!

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
A bloke from work has been there before, he says its a fantastic hotel/resort complex, the staff are great and the food is excellent, he has been twice in 2 years so it cant be bad

Bollocks! You have a bad experience from one place and theyre all bad

Originally Posted by Fil
<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>thats all these places offer? sc cant be that much better as youll end up eatting out at some point!</p>
As well as all inclusive, just about all of them offer at least bed and breakfast but a hell of a lot do full board/half board too.
Old 16-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Fil
cant comment, but id like to here what people who have been there say about eatting out? bet its not great!
eating out there is fine... plenty of places in Naama Bay, pubs/clubs/restaurants/cafes/fast food etc, take your pick, no diffeent to eating out in this country or any other country ive been to
Old 16-05-2009, 07:49 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone ever stayed in Sonesta Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh?
Old 16-05-2009, 08:26 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

ooh forgot the thieving gits at the airport went in our suitcases and stole stuff........the people are a pain!!!!!!! never again..... going back to florida next year .....you can keep the 100 camels and the 20 chickens for my girlfreind..........sea is the only thing i would miss.............the whole place is a joke!
Old 16-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

ooh forgot the thieving gits at the airport went in our suitcases and stole stuff........the people are a pain!!!!!!! never again..... going back to florida next year .....you can keep the 100 camels and the 20 chickens for my girlfreind..........sea is the only thing i would miss.............the whole place is a joke!
Americans are CUNTS too
Old 17-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Lawrah
Scudbook Extroidenair

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
I stayed in Baron Palms and its stunning, really nice hotel. Just watch out for the crazy Italian people, very very rude. I would love to have gone back to the palms if I could afford it.
Old 17-05-2009, 09:23 AM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Red16
Americans are CUNTS too
never had a problem with americans, never had food poisoning there!!!!
2 lads there haggeled a taxi driver down and he took them out into the dessert passed a bottle of water to them and told them to get out, unless they paid him what he wanted......
all the shop owners are a pain cant walk past without some one trying to drag you in..........
Old 17-05-2009, 05:20 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Lawrah
I stayed in Baron Palms and its stunning, really nice hotel. Just watch out for the crazy Italian people, very very rude. I would love to have gone back to the palms if I could afford it.
brilliant, thanks.

fuck the crazy italians, if anyone is rude to me i will be rude back.
Old 17-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Anyone ever stayed in Sonesta Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh?
If we went back to Sharm, there is no doubt that it would almost certainly be to the Hyatt Regency. That is one awesome hotel.

In answer to your question, I think he Sonesta's are quite nice, is it on the beach side of the main road? Or don't you know?