General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

216 mph Cosworth run during Vmax day at Nardo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rodney,

Keiths car is a full drag car is it not, there fore is it even road legal ?? and i bet it does not have full trim and seats like yours ?

Mike
Old 04-12-2005, 03:12 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

It's half fibreglass, no trim, always trailered, has lights missing, runs race fuel, etc etc.

It isnt a road car by an stretch of the imagination, and indeed his own website even decalres it a drag skyline.

http://www.keithcowie.com/draggtr.html

There are several areas of an MOT that car would never pass here.

I'd also hazzard a guess it wouldnt pass a proper emissions test.

Seatbelts ? regardless of harnesses, a road car must have intertia style belts fitted to allow the driver some movement.
Unsure about the legalities of fixed glass/perspex windows with no openings ??

Dont get me wrong, his car is fast and it is impressive, but there are drag cars out there that are a lot faster, and are a lot closer to being road legal.
I dont think its fair to compare cars like that, with people who are racing at the events with proper legal road going cars, that actually get driven on the roads..

A 30-60 sec scan over a lot of the cars at TOTB could easily see some of them excluded on non road legal issues if scrutineering was strict.
How about a basic emissions test carried out on all entries. They may be modified, but they should also be able to meet the legal requirements laid down in MOT for the particular vehicle. I wonder how many 92+ cars still run cats

This kinda car impresses me more. 1600kgs+, 2wd, and as far as I am led to believe, also road legal. Another guy who previously held the 6spd record even had a full sound system in his car.
http://users.lvcm.com/racer74/extrem...rld_Record.wmv