General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Been shafted at work, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

crash it?
Old 28-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crash it 4 up and all claim for whiplash

hey, if it works for pikey jobless imigrants why can't it work for you
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fudgeass
crash it?

have someone make it dissapear if you are fully comp
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

You could let Jim drive it for a week - its sure to either burst into flames, the engine management die or crash into a lorry
Old 28-11-2005, 02:06 PM
gearboxman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Graceland
You could let Jim drive it for a week - its sure to either burst into flames, the engine management die or crash into a lorry
That's a terrible thing to say.....

....made me laugh though
Old 28-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Jimbo knows i'm only pulling his leg (especially since we settled our differences and said hello to each other at ND this year ) - altho from what i've heard on the grapevine, he wishes it was something else i was pulling
Old 28-11-2005, 02:15 PM
gearboxman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
I've got protected no claims and its fully comp, would i lose this if it "fell into a fire" ?
Wouldn't go discussing it on a public forum TBH....
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

If your no claims bonus is protected, then you will keep your no claims, but beware that a small loading may be put on your insurence next year due to making a claim.

Best not let on asto the disposal of your vehicle on here - insurence companies (ie - greenlight) read these boards
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

read the fine print if you do crash it or or set it alight.

personally - strip the fooker, ebay the parts, torch whatever is left and then say it got nicked
Old 28-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

@ gracey
Old 28-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The reason there is a minimum term is because you would have signed a Finance Agreement (allbeit it is probably a Garaunteed Buy-Back Finance Agreement).

Personally I think you are very lucky to be offered a no penalty get-out after 9 months of such a long term lease, our Company employee one is full term or full payment - no exceptions.

From a consumer point of view, we do contract / lease hire at my Company, and the number of queries we have in asking for an early settlement figure, then the vehicle mysteriously disappears or is written off is shocking. Sure it looks well suspicious but thats for the insurance Company to question, not us.

Im guessing its your own insurance policy? If so, before you do anything you might regret, check out your excess, and also check if you policy will cover the full value of the vehicle owed to the lease company. 9 times out of 10 there will be a shortfall between what the finance / lease company want and what your insurance are prepared to pay. Also, do you really want such a high value claim against you for the next 5 years, it will make a huge difference to your premiums.

What im trying to say is that for the sake of maybe 6 months of you being a bit skint and having a nice car to drive round in, it might be better than trying to pull a fast one and you being left with a possible insurance short fall, excess, inflated insurance premiums and the risk of being done for fraud?
Old 28-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

what car is it, how much is left outstanding on the lease and how much is it worth as a whole, or in parts?
Old 28-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

welcome to LIFE

i think you'll find that legally speaking you dont have a leg to stand on, as you entered into the finance agreement knowing the risks. the fact that it's immoral doesnt make it illegal
Old 28-11-2005, 02:24 PM
dangerous - reyland
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by gearboxman
I've got protected no claims and its fully comp, would i lose this if it "fell into a fire" ?
Wouldn't go discussing it on a public forum TBH....
Totally agree

You think you have problems now but they are nothing compared to fraud , no job, cant get re empolyed, doing a stretch

& still having to pay for the car

dont know your personal finance situation but from what you have said its going to be tight without the overtime & shift allowance.
Maybe use the time to get a part time job just for the 9 months??
Old 28-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dangerous - reyland
Maybe use the time to get a part time job just for the 9 months??
He's already 3 months into the lease, so in reality he's only looking at 6 months.

What is the Companies view on sub-leases?
Old 28-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Simon Day
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Matt - I take it you work in the toyota plant then? I have heared that toyota are going through a troubled tume in the UK at the moment, how bad are things really?

Dont do anything stupid with the car that you may reget!
Old 28-11-2005, 02:45 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

deal drugs like some of them 14 year old kids on the news - making 450 a week minimum
Old 28-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Matt, I genuinely think your best option is to work out a way to grin and bare it for the next few months, and even pay the 1 month penalty fee.

There is far too much risk and potential money to be lost for you in the long run, all for the sake of a poxy Corrolla There will alomost certainly be an Insurance short fall on top of the other costs I mentioned, and another thing I didnt say is that it can sometimes take the Insurance Company several months to agree a final figure, and during this time you will be expected to keep paying your rentals or they will take you to court.
Old 28-11-2005, 02:58 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Graceland
Jimbo knows i'm only pulling his leg (especially since we settled our differences and said hello to each other at ND this year ) - altho from what i've heard on the grapevine, he wishes it was something else i was pulling
stop sniggering you lot, he obviously means his crackers come christmas time

as for the car, if you do prnag it, will you still have to pay off the HP stuff on it or will the insurance comapny do it for you?
Old 28-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Surgical spirit down the back of the dash. It's sposed to burn and leave no residue or deposits to trace it. Only down side is torching the car or having it go missing and discussing it on a BB could lead to a large stretch (of your ring) in prison.
Old 28-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Clare
The reason there is a minimum term is because you would have signed a Finance Agreement (allbeit it is probably a Garaunteed Buy-Back Finance Agreement).

Personally I think you are very lucky to be offered a no penalty get-out after 9 months of such a long term lease, our Company employee one is full term or full payment - no exceptions.

From a consumer point of view, we do contract / lease hire at my Company, and the number of queries we have in asking for an early settlement figure, then the vehicle mysteriously disappears or is written off is shocking. Sure it looks well suspicious but thats for the insurance Company to question, not us.

Im guessing its your own insurance policy? If so, before you do anything you might regret, check out your excess, and also check if you policy will cover the full value of the vehicle owed to the lease company. 9 times out of 10 there will be a shortfall between what the finance / lease company want and what your insurance are prepared to pay. Also, do you really want such a high value claim against you for the next 5 years, it will make a huge difference to your premiums.

What im trying to say is that for the sake of maybe 6 months of you being a bit skint and having a nice car to drive round in, it might be better than trying to pull a fast one and you being left with a possible insurance short fall, excess, inflated insurance premiums and the risk of being done for fraud?
I thought you'd left DCUK?
Old 28-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Anthony B
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Went for an interview with Toyata a while ago but never followed it up after.....they keep advertising on total jobs..

Why is it such a shite place to work then?

By the way, I knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who torched his motor.....spent ages looking over his shoulder and crapping himself about every letter and phone call. Not worth it.

ant
Old 28-11-2005, 03:58 PM
steano

i used to work in that shit hole. best thing i ever did was leave, fucking stupid japanese brainwashing cunts gives me shivers down my spine to think of it

dont suppose you were that lad with the nice series 2 red rs turbo were ya ?
Old 28-11-2005, 04:05 PM
steano

Originally Posted by Anthony B
Why is it such a shite place to work then?
How long have you got?

I wont go into it mate because I'll just go off on one, but seriously, unless your really desperate for a job or have no other choice then I'd steer well clear.
imagine hell where you are required to perform repettitive tasks in a dark room without speaking to another soul for hours at a time, then add overtime and shit japanese phrases and working for wankers who make u do excercises , and all that shit

almost ruined my life working at that place
Old 28-11-2005, 04:09 PM
steano

i was on blue shift in the avensis plant in ild, used to see a red s2 with big front brakes , i had a 106 quicksilver as a runabout

get out mate its the best thing you could ever do , i had to narrow down all my outgoings and save like hell but i did it and 6 months later i work for tvr and drive an escos
Old 28-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich_w

I thought you'd left DCUK?
I've never worked for DCUK! Thank god too as they all got put on 90 day notice today

I work for Mercedes Benz, but am leaving shortly.

Matt, be very careful about slating your Company on the internet, depending on how much you value your job or a good reference, big Companies have eyes and ears everywhere, I know people who have been dismissed for slagging off their Company on a forum.

Ps: I love the Company I work for
Old 28-11-2005, 04:22 PM
steano

nah just slag em off the devil is japenese and he invented that factory
Old 28-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

DCUK/ Mercedes its all the same cack to me

Old 28-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rich - Thank fook I dont work with their cars eh Although that particular car was at the other MK offices a couple of weeks ago. I just couldn't find the time to go see it.......... shame lol

Matt, I take it you enjoy your work there then?! pmsl

Quick Reply: Been shafted at work, any advice?