General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

11 year old banned from driving?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 28-09-2005, 05:07 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 11 year old banned from driving?????????????

BMW boy, 11, banned from driving
An 11-year-old boy who was caught behind the wheel of a BMW has been disqualified from driving for a year.
Police in Andover, Hants, stopped a car in August because its headlights were not on, Basingstoke Youth Court heard.

Officers noticed the driver was "very short" and when they signalled for the car to stop it crossed over into the other lane just missing a lamppost.

The boy had pleaded guilty to several driving offences. He was also given a four-month supervision order.

If you break any of the terms of the order we will bring you back to court and we can punish you in a different way

Esther MacDonald
Chairman of the bench
The boy, who has behavioural and learning disabilities, pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, driving without a licence and driving without insurance at an earlier hearing.

In addition to the driving ban and supervision order, chairman of the bench, Esther MacDonald, imposed three penalty points for driving without a licence and six penalty points for driving without insurance.

When he was caught, the boy claimed he owned the car, did not realise he needed a licence and that he knew how to drive.

He claimed he had swapped the BMW for his mini-motorbike with a man he had met in Winchester.

Sentencing him on Wednesday, Mrs MacDonald said: "If you break any of the terms of the order we will bring you back to court and we can punish you in a different way."

Youths can appear in court on driving charges, despite being under age.
Old 28-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Anonymous
Banned

If you break any of the terms of the order we will bring you back to court and we can punish you in a different way

He gets sent to stay with MikeR for the night
Old 28-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Means he'll be 18 before his first driving lesson. And he'll never get insurance
Old 28-09-2005, 05:14 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Originally Posted by chip-3door

He gets sent to stay with MikeR for the night
Old 28-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Means he'll be 18 before his first driving lesson. And he'll never get insurance
Nope means he wont do any lessons will still drive and aint going to get any insurance cos would be far to expensive
Old 28-09-2005, 06:12 PM
GOT2BZETEC
Advanced PassionFord User

Pmsl when i heard this on the radio
Old 28-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Fil
Nope means he wont do any lessons will still drive and aint going to get any insurance cos would be far to expensive
Sad but true
Old 28-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Katie

Lmfao....shame. Poor kid will have to go on public transport to school now....doubt he'll ever get there
Old 28-09-2005, 10:28 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Banning someone from holding a license, who has already stolen a car, not old enough to drive, and obviously has no insurance is typical of teh law today.

Like the kid will give a sh1t !!!!!!!

If it was an adult who was speeding or other, they would get nailed in the courts. Scumbags like that need proper punishment, regardless of age.
Old 28-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no banning them is a good idea, what it does is makes em get 6 months for driving disqualified
now thats a open shut case, no real denial and also is as criminal charge, not a driving offence

thats why they do it as nicking a car is generaly a caution !!!!!

when i was younger no matter what i did i got a caution for it being a minor offence or first offence,,,,,,,,,,,, but this way he gets delt with

also please take into consideration at 14 did any of you kno about car insurance ect was mandetory

i find it disturbing you can be convicted of a crime you are not aware of, you aint doing anything wrong then how can you be guilty, ignorance is no defence is bollox imo
Old 28-09-2005, 11:17 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by b19bal
no banning them is a good idea, what it does is makes em get 6 months for driving disqualified
now thats a open shut case, no real denial and also is as criminal charge, not a driving offence

thats why they do it as nicking a car is generaly a caution !!!!!

when i was younger no matter what i did i got a caution for it being a minor offence or first offence,,,,,,,,,,,, but this way he gets delt with

also please take into consideration at 14 did any of you kno about car insurance ect was mandetory

i find it disturbing you can be convicted of a crime you are not aware of, you aint doing anything wrong then how can you be guilty, ignorance is no defence is bollox imo
Disqualified, no license, same thing really. Either way you dont have a license, but I take your point.

And at 14, regardless of driving laws, I knew that stealing is wrong, and I'd be pretty damn sure that kid did too.

Ignorance isnt a defence, true. But Im sure there are very few people out there that know all the laws that exist, in order to abide by them. Most are common sense though I think.
Old 29-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Disqualified, no license, same thing really

nope not in the eyes of the law, driving with no licence is 3 points and a 50 quid fine, driving whilst banned is 6 months inside, got a few mates who have been nicked for it and couldntbelive it, these are peeps driving there own cars too ( btw they all actually severd 4 weeks but was first offence ect)

thats why there banned, so they are commiting a criminal offence and not a driving offence

its one of the very few laws i actually belive is a good thing for young kids, sounds stupid do people who dont know the reason but when ya understand it makes it a good idea