General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone work in insurance claims?

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone work in insurance claims?

i've got a claim going on at the moment. its doing my bastard head in. i might win, the other lad might win (not likely) or it could go 50/50. i was pissed off waiting and knew full well my car was written off.

i went ahead and got a new shell and re-shelled my car. i've now got a scrapper sitting on my drive and my old mans well fucked off, its been there months and he's trying to sell the house.

my insurance company needs to pull their finger out of their arse, they've not even sent someone to see the damage. i've sent them pictures and a quote for crazy money to get it repaired.

if the insurance guy comes over to declare it a write off, will he have a go that i've already stripped it? will the other insurance company refuse to pay out as its stripped already (if i even win)

the plan if i won was to buy the car back off them and then pay the scrappy to take it off my hands.

can i just get it taken away by the scrappy, if i win i'll just say i'm going to buy it back straight away, therefore, they assume its still sitting on my drive.

its doing my bastard head in, wish they'd fucking sort it.
Old 26-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Escy

that dived off the front page in record time.
Old 26-07-2005, 10:50 PM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

your fooked mate

if you claim then the car becomes the insurance companies property

there is no longer a car so they will either tell you to fook off or try and do you for insurance fraud and you will never get insured again.

id either pray no one comes to look at it or cancel the claim sharpish
Old 26-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Escy

Originally Posted by CraigN
your fooked mate

if you claim then the car becomes the insurance companies property
okay, so if i don't get it taken away, be upfront and told them its already stripped but i'll buy it back off them. would they say no problem?

at the end of the day they are taking the piss if they expect me to wait around for 4 months with no car and a smashed up wreck on the drive whilst they fuck about with my claim. they said i could put it in storage and hire a car but if i don't win i'm obviously paying for it. fuck that

i don't really want to cancel the claim as the cunt in the other car will win then and it'll go down as being my fault even thought its not. its not the money really as i got hold of a free shell to re-shell with, its the principle that he has more front than Blackpool to even try and claim.
Old 27-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Escy

bump