General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

3 door side windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 03:24 AM
visa_broke
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 329 Likes on 308 Posts
Default 3 door side windows

Can you still buy 3 door cosworth side window glass or has anyone used lexan for these?

I want to covert an xr4ti over to a 3 door rep and would need the rear windows, not bothered about if they have a specific tint just want the look (not a fan of the smaller twin windows)
Old 03-08-2020, 07:31 AM
BIG LEE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

the windows dont just go in xr4i when post is cut. you will need to do something about recess with quater one opens also the rear small window on edge is diff shape so that will need doing also. you can buy windows new from glass places the problem you may have is the window trim surround
Old 03-08-2020, 09:56 PM
visa_broke
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 329 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG LEE
the windows dont just go in xr4i when post is cut. you will need to do something about recess with quater one opens also the rear small window on edge is diff shape so that will need doing also. you can buy windows new from glass places the problem you may have is the window trim surround
Thank you for your reply, I wonder if (I think its) East coast trimming or kent trimmings do the surrounds.

The car I am after is in America so not much luck on getting a 3 door with the proper side windows there so having to make do with the xr4ti/merkur instead and bring it up to 3 door spec.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:42 PM
BIG LEE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by visa_broke
Thank you for your reply, I wonder if (I think its) East coast trimming or kent trimmings do the surrounds.

The car I am after is in America so not much luck on getting a 3 door with the proper side windows there so having to make do with the xr4ti/merkur instead and bring it up to 3 door spec.
im not sure about trims. dont get me wrong it can be done like anything if enough time and effort is put in.. it may pay you to check at brakers for windows and trims aswell.