General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mondy MK3 2.5 V6 gurus needed!

Old 13-02-2018, 05:57 AM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mondy MK3 2.5 V6 gurus needed!

Would a throttle body, upper inlet manifold and lower inlet manifold from a MK2 Mondy ST200 make a difference to performance on a MK3 2.5 V6? (same engine as the MK2 ST24)
Old 13-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Yeh they do. My mate has one fitted to his.

You don't need the lower inlet mani though.
The following users liked this post:
Brickhouse (13-02-2018)
Old 13-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im the freind Glenn is referring to, Ive got the 200 UIM, throttle body and bellows fitted to my MK3 Zetec-S V6, they do make a very noticeable difference. You don’t need the LIM because all MK3 2.5’s had the 200 LIM standard, just with normal 2.5 beige injectors, the 200 has green injectors. You will also need an 200 throttle cable, because its completely different, and good like finding one, Ford dont stock them, and even second hand one’s are like hens teeth, I eventually after 3 months of looking, found a new old stock one, even had a brand new 200 throttle cable bracket, gasket, and bolts, all brand new in Ford bags.
Brickhouse (13-02-2018)
Old 13-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Im the freind Glenn is referring to, Ive got the 200 UIM, throttle body and bellows fitted to my MK3 Zetec-S V6, they do make a very noticeable difference. You don’t need the LIM because all MK3 2.5’s had the 200 LIM standard, just with normal 2.5 beige injectors, the 200 has green injectors. You will also need an 200 throttle cable, because its completely different, and good like finding one, Ford dont stock them, and even second hand one’s are like hens teeth, I eventually after 3 months of looking, found a new old stock one, even had a brand new 200 throttle cable bracket, gasket, and bolts, all brand new in Ford bags.

Thanks mate

I can get the lot for Ł150 (LIM,UIM, all gaskets and HT leads) but it means driving a near on 6 hour round trip to collect it as the seller wont post it

So just the UIM and throttle body, with just these 2 fitted will I notice a difference?

Not so good about the throttle cable.......Wondering how I can source one if I buy the items?
Old 13-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brickhouse
Thanks mate

I can get the lot for Ł150 (LIM,UIM, all gaskets and HT leads) but it means driving a near on 6 hour round trip to collect it as the seller wont post it

So just the UIM and throttle body, with just these 2 fitted will I notice a difference?

Not so good about the throttle cable.......Wondering how I can source one if I buy the items?
You’ll defo notice a difference mate, they rev so much quicker, Glenn above, he has the same mondy as me, he he said he can’t believe how flat his feels compares to mine, i have got a pipercross viper induction kit aswel on mine. So yeah mate, 200 UIM and throttle body will go straight on, and you’ll defo notice a difference, you ideally need the ST200 bellows aswel (Pipe that goes from the throttle body to your induction kit or air box) because the 200 throttle body is a lot bigger, and trying to fit the standard bellows, even if you heat it in water and try stretch it on, will be a struggle. As for throttle cable mate, welcome to my world, i could literally find one for sale when i was looking for one, it was Ł50, and second hand, on principle alone, i wasnt gonna pay Ł50 for a 12/13 year old throttle cable, and when i phoned my local Ford dealers, parts guy pretty much laughed at me, said ST200 went out of production 12+ years ago, you’ve got no chance getting one off us. You could try some of the well known Mondy breakers, but they rarely have them, and know there value, hence the Ł50 one. What i did was save ST200 throttle cable in my searches on eBay, then you get a notification when one’s listed, but trust me, you won’t get many notifications lol. Like i said, i had to bide my time for 3 month, and a random saturday afternoon, i got a notification, it was the full throttle cable kit, all new old stock, cable, bracket, throttle body gasket, and new bolts, all genuine Ford parts, in the Ford bags, sealed, with part number stickers, i literally bought them within 90 seconds of them being listed, all for Ł25 delivered, i was very VERY Lucky, because the chances of finding them again, just isnt gonna happen, Ford dont even have them 😂
Old 14-02-2018, 05:58 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

If your Mondeo has cruise control you might not get it to work cause the the part the throttle cable,cruise control cable attach to are different as well.

But the Fiddys car feels well fit compared to mine. His seems to just rev and pull harder.

It's an easy job to do too.
Old 14-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Having a search on Google and it seems the MK3 ST220 TB is the same size as the MK2 ST200 yet needs no modifications, so the original throttle cable should fit straight on?
Old 17-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

That's interesting matey. That would save a lot of fookin about.

I was thinking of getting a spare inlet manifold and seeing if where the throttle body goes,I was wondering if it could be bored out for a bigger throttle body.
Old 23-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Glenn_
That's interesting matey. That would save a lot of fookin about.

I was thinking of getting a spare inlet manifold and seeing if where the throttle body goes,I was wondering if it could be bored out for a bigger throttle body.

I have a spare inlet manifold Glenn mate, more than happy to take some close up pictures of it as in where the throttle body goes so you can see if it would be possible.
If you want it, well it weighs a fair bit so postage would not be cheap but you can have it if you pay the postage. I also have a lower inlet manifold, fuel rail and injectors from a MK3 2.5 V6. I spent nearly 20 hours on the lower inlet manifold on my car with a dremmel, metal polish and heaps of rags! I got each port to a mirror finish and the same for the butterflies, mirror finish. It gave me something to do since I have been signed off work as I refuse to watch day time tv.....So bits of my car keep coming in my house and then I clean them
Old 24-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Hope this is of some help Glenn.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

I've replied to your pm matey. I think the face of the inlet manifold where the throttle sits us different.

I will Defo have the bits matey and I don't mind paying the postage.

As I've said in my pm. Did you fit the st200 inlet mani. Did you notice a difference with it.
Brickhouse (26-02-2018)
Old 18-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Witchfinder
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn_
If your Mondeo has cruise control you might not get it to work cause the the part the throttle cable,cruise control cable attach to are different as well.

But the Fiddys car feels well fit compared to mine. His seems to just rev and pull harder.

It's an easy job to do too.
Hi guys, im in the same boat myself, 2.5 ghia x, I have upper inlet manifold, throttle body and luckily, the throttle cable and bellows, just a couple of questions, I have traction and cruise control, will I lose these functions by using this cable, and also do I use my original injectors, or the green ones i also have, will I overfuel with the greens, thanks in advance guys