General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Autronic SM4 ECU

Search this Thread

Old 27-05-2017, 09:16 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin-Hadland
Sorry but that's just plain ridiculous How many different sets would the tuner need to stock
Just as ridiculous as not informing the customer of your requirements as a tuner and what you expect a car to be.
At work we have booking in sheet and go over the car to check key items. THEN we contact the customer with our findings.
Simple communication.......

He could have used rods wheels if the tyres was not out of date..( How many of you check that)

its a difficult trade anyway so why make it harder for youself is beyond me.

Last edited by costina; 27-05-2017 at 09:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lee2cossies (27-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 10:18 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

It's blatantly obvious any car should be presented in a safe condition suitable for being tuned, whether that's rollers, road, or outer space.
That's pretty universal and just common sense.

Unless by prior arrangement works are to be carried out to remedy problems etc
Old 27-05-2017, 10:34 AM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

People still going on about how the car arrived to Mark??? Crazy if you ask me! Regardless of what was delivered a simple polite phone call before going any further would be the least a tuner could do for his customer not a shitty message via a forum to get the car from there. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
lee2cossies (27-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 10:36 AM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Costina is spot on, a quick check when the car arrived and call to the customer is what should of happened.

Last edited by cossie brad; 29-05-2017 at 06:37 PM.
lee2cossies (27-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

The fact is Mark should've phoned him up with a snag list.

Instead he was high as shit from all the smoke Rod was blowing up his arse
Old 27-05-2017, 02:21 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
It's blatantly obvious any car should be presented in a safe condition suitable for being tuned, whether that's rollers, road, or outer space.

The car was safe just being made out worst than it was. So you think it's safe to map a high powered car on the road where u are clearly breaking the law and putting others at risk? Nothing is safe about mapping on the road!
Old 27-05-2017, 02:23 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by cossie brad
People still going on about how the car arrived to Mark??? Crazy if you ask me! Regardless of what was delivered a simple polite phone call before going any further would be the least a tuner could do for his customer not a shitty message via a forum to get the car from there. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
That's all it would have taken is a quick message rather than a stroppy bad attitude message he sent me saying come get the car, as we said by far the worst person we have dealt with since we have had Cossie's shocking really.
Old 27-05-2017, 02:28 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

All of this could have been avoided and easily rectified but I wasn't given that chance, just hope that no1 else gets their time and money wasted like I have.

Last edited by lee2cossies; 27-05-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 27-05-2017, 02:47 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Lmfao at the tags
The following 2 users liked this post by costina:
ajamesc (27-05-2017), lee2cossies (27-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 08:51 AM
stoner
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by costina
Lmfao at the tags
I was reading the tags seeing how far I could get without actually laughing.

I was fine until I read MAD=Moan All Day.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:58 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
The car was safe just being made out worst than it was. So you think it's safe to map a high powered car on the road where u are clearly breaking the law and putting others at risk? Nothing is safe about mapping on the road!
I map my own car there...I see no real problem and I put nobody at risk

If you feel it is so dangerous/illegal....why present your car for it ?
Old 29-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

What speeds are reached while doing so Stevie?
Old 29-05-2017, 10:48 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by Adam-M
What speeds are reached while doing so Stevie?
3 or 4th gear run around to the dark side. Which is why MSD invested in a rolling road.
Some will no doubt argue it is not real life mapping.
Old 29-05-2017, 10:56 AM
smiley
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 327 Likes on 306 Posts

30 mph 40 mph 60 mph 70 mph rat
Old 29-05-2017, 10:57 AM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

I map my own car there...I see no real problem and I put nobody at risk

If you feel it is so dangerous/illegal....why present your car for it ?
You have a 30 year old car capable of 200mph and you say it's not dangerous to map it on the road? I thought he mapped on the rolling road. The point is there is nothing safe about mapping a high powered car on the road but then he moans about a tyre?
You know nothing about what has gone on here, it's not you who has wasted a load of time and money, the car was presented fine, the problems are made out to be much worst just as a cover up.
Old 29-05-2017, 06:50 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

sometimes small issues like what was found here can be missed quite easily when doing a lot of jobs on a car I'm sure you can agree and apart from the tyre you could call any of the few tiny jobs unsafe! As for the tyre as lee2cossies said if that was such a big issue lee2cossies could of arranged for a mobile tyre fitter to come change it and Mark wouldn't have even needed to get his precious hands dirty! I suppose he is too important and clever to do a basic grease monkey job like tightening jublee clips or a PAS belt! Maybe he hasn't got the strength in his arms since they only ever write maps these days???
lee2cossies (29-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 06:53 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Or maybe he is too busy dealing with the long waiting list of cars waiting to get in there to be fuckig about with a car that's booked in for a time slot and not ready to go? There's a thought lol
Old 29-05-2017, 07:38 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Or maybe he is too busy dealing with the long waiting list of cars waiting to get in there to be fuckig about with a car that's booked in for a time slot and not ready to go? There's a thought lol
I'm surprised anyone goes there with his overall attitude and customer service, him and rod can rubbish me and my car all they want, doesn't bother me, I'm not trying to run a business. All of this could of been avoided, with a simple phone call and explanation. Hopefully this thread will stop this happening again and costing people time and money.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:14 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

What a guy!! So amazing at his job he is too busy to pick up the phone to his customers! I'm sure you would be over the moon with that service! Fucking idiot, I'm sure you are so perfect you have never had a single thing missed when doing a big build!? If only we could all be so perfect! Another idiot missing the point!
Old 29-05-2017, 08:20 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

What a guy!! So amazing at his job he is too busy to pick up the phone to his customers! I'm sure you would be over the moon with that service! Fucking idiot, I'm sure you are so perfect you have never had a single thing missed when doing a big build!? If only we could all be so perfect! Another idiot missing the point!
I see it everyday at work. A customer drops his truck off for a booked in inspection or oil service or a specific job. All them jobs are booked in for the certain time they take along with the other jobs to make up the hours in that day. Most the time they also say by the way there's also this and that and also this wrong. Do them bits get done no they don't as the other pre booked in work takes priority. When they pick the truck up they always jump up and down why was the work not done! Simple there told it was not booked in for that lol. So cossie Brad as you put it! You fucking idiot that's my take on it

Last edited by ajamesc; 29-05-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:23 PM
800bhp
**RS COSWORTH**

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I've have used M.A.D for 3 of my previous cars and 4th car is still only worked on my Mark. Work & customer service has been spot on for me.

In all the time I've been there theres only 2 cars I know of that have been refused to be worked on and 1 being lee2cossies.

Just a shame that you dont hear from other customers that have been to M.A.D to have issues sorted from other tuners that have messed up there cars.

I've met plenty over the years.

Theres way more happier people out there then upset ones that have had there cars sorted at M.A.D

Last edited by 800bhp; 29-05-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:48 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

I see it everyday at work. A customer drops his truck off for a booked in inspection or oil service or a specific job. All them jobs are booked in for the certain time they take along with the other jobs to make up the hours in that day. Most the time they also say by the way there's also this and that and also this wrong. Do them bits get done no they don't as the the other pre booked in work takes priority. When they pick the truck up they always jump up and down why was the work not done! Simple there told it was not booked in for that lol. So cossie Brad as you put it! You fucking idiot that's my take on it
lol still still don't get it! haha there was no expectation of any extra work being done! Just a simple phone call to say sorry mate I can't map the car because of x,y,z. If you think a shitty message on a forum saying pick up your car with no explanation of why then my comment of fucking idiot is spot on!
Old 29-05-2017, 08:53 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

I hear nothing but good things about mad lol I know a fair few who use the place. One car from a large amount and his buddy's kicking up a fuss on a forum means fook all lol. Very un herd of there must be reasons behind it that's ultimately between mark and the guy who owns the car.
Old 29-05-2017, 09:28 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Must be some reason why Mark decided to treat a customer in that fashion and it would be interesting to know why! If everyone else has had fantastic service from him I wonder why he wouldn't treat a new customer the same?
Old 29-05-2017, 09:47 PM
800bhp
**RS COSWORTH**

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Must be some reason why Mark decided to treat a customer in that fashion and it would be interesting to know why! If everyone else has had fantastic service from him I wonder why he wouldn't treat a new customer the same?
If it bothers you so much why not call him
Old 29-05-2017, 10:03 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by 800bhp
If it bothers you so much why not call him
I don't think he has time to use the phone mate, he certainly didn't when lee2cossies car was there so I'm guessing it would be a waste of a phone call.
Fullflush (30-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Since Mark started helping me with my cossie thats how he has been nothing but helpful and beyond really .

I remember a good while back Karl NMS refusing to map a car with a welded diff in it and there was a big internet war over it lol I guess not every one can be happy but thats life .Oh and never had a issue with getting hold of Mark either .

Maybe it would of been better trying to sort this out with Mark rather than involve all the fish wives on PF lol
Turbosystems (30-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

I rarely come on here these days but having been reading through this thread I'll just say, I've used Sheady for Cossies and Evos for over 12+years and he's built me some superb machinery. Folks that know me in the flesh know I don't blow bubbles up someone's ass, but the matter of the fact is, you'll never please everybody in life business. Ok, he could have called you and all this would have been avoided. But from my experience Mark is a decent guy who knows his shit, just to add, I bugged the ass out of him when he was building my engines even at 9, 10 at night and he NEVER got shitty etc with me at all.
Adam-M (30-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 06:47 PM
turbotrev

Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts

I see it everyday at work. A customer drops his truck off for a booked in inspection or oil service or a specific job. All them jobs are booked in for the certain time they take along with the other jobs to make up the hours in that day. Most the time they also say by the way there's also this and that and also this wrong. Do them bits get done no they don't as the other pre booked in work takes priority. When they pick the truck up they always jump up and down why was the work not done! Simple there told it was not booked in for that lol. So cossie Brad as you put it! You fucking idiot that's my take on it
But I bet your company picks up the phone and politely tells them directly what else is wrong with these vehicles though ad what can/can't be done etc...

Cheers Paul
lee2cossies (31-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 06:49 PM
turbotrev

Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 800bhp
I've have used M.A.D for 3 of my previous cars and 4th car is still only worked on my Mark. Work & customer service has been spot on for me.

In all the time I've been there theres only 2 cars I know of that have been refused to be worked on and 1 being lee2cossies.

Just a shame that you dont hear from other customers that have been to M.A.D to have issues sorted from other tuners that have messed up there cars.

I've met plenty over the years.

Theres way more happier people out there then upset ones that have had there cars sorted at M.A.D
That also works the other way round as well though mate as I know instances where the roles are reversed.

Not saying anyone was necessarily in the wrong but it's the same for prob most tuners

Cheers Paul
lee2cossies (31-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 08:14 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Jay,
Since Mark started helping me with my cossie thats how he has been nothing but helpful and beyond really .

I remember a good while back Karl NMS refusing to map a car with a welded diff in it and there was a big internet war over it lol I guess not every one can be happy but thats life .Oh and never had a issue with getting hold of Mark either .

Maybe it would of been better trying to sort this out with Mark rather than involve all the fish wives on PF lol
I'm sure that lee2cossies would of had no issue with Mark refusing to map the car if he had picked up the phone and given him the reasons why. It's totally acceptable that the mapper tells you that you need to get some jobs done before he can map it I agree with that 100% but it's the message through a forum that read as if he was being very short and slagging the car off to other people that was annoying. Regardless of what he thought of the car it's another mans pride and joy.
lee2cossies (31-05-2017)
Old 31-05-2017, 05:47 AM
dodge8283
Regular Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I will be using Mark for the first time next week, i have to say that so far he has been really helpful answering the phone pretty much every time i have called and returned calls when not answered.

The one thing he did say to me was to make sure the car was roadworthy and to check the tyres otherwise mapping would not go ahead. Maybe this was off the back of lee2cossies issue but so far he has been spot on.

This is the first negative thing i have read about him.
Old 31-05-2017, 04:41 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

This is all I received, no phone call or text, he did have my number. Car was collected, I then heard off someone else the reason why he wouldn't map the car, which was the tyre. You can stick up for him as much as u want too on here but the simple facts are it's a terrible way too treat a customer end of. I'm the last person to moan normally but in this case I have good reason especially as the small issues with the car we could easily have got around, even if I had taken the car home and returned at a later date, wasn't given that option. If you had been treated in this way by any company and sure u all too would have a rant.
Name:  371AE9DD-E888-4F12-BCD3-C5086C62D83C.png
Views: 192
Size:  311.9 KB

Last edited by lee2cossies; 31-05-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 31-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

In that case the car clearly isn't ready for mapping, and does need to be taken away?
Old 31-05-2017, 09:48 PM
RUBY123
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that message dont seem bad at all
Old 31-05-2017, 10:01 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

There also seems to be a thread of messages suggesting other issues Mark had found?
Looks like he just got pissed off finding problem after problem and told you to shift it.
Fair enough in a busy place where stuff is booked in based on known job times and there's lots of unexpected stuff to sort.
Old 31-05-2017, 10:40 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Rick
In that case the car clearly isn't ready for mapping, and does need to be taken away?
lee2cossies does say there that he would have taken the car home and sorted the issues but wasn't given the option. Also a message through a forum isn't exactly the best way to contact a customer.
Old 31-05-2017, 10:46 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

going around in circles now and their are no winners ,just differing opinions
Old 31-05-2017, 10:48 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
There also seems to be a thread of messages suggesting other issues Mark had found?
Looks like he just got pissed off finding problem after problem and told you to shift it.
Fair enough in a busy place where stuff is booked in based on known job times and there's lots of unexpected stuff to sort.
there were a couple of small issues that needed sorting and as said in lee2cossies post he would of been happy to take the car away and sort them but it was the way in which he was contacted and finding out from someone else other than Mark why the car had been turned away that was this disapointing thing about the service. Regardless of if a brand new car turns up or a car that was fit for the scrap yard you should be treated the same.
Old 31-05-2017, 10:50 PM
cossie brad
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by james kiely
going around in circles now and their are no winners ,just differing opinions
agreed, I understand some people have had good service from MAD but I'm surprised anyone would be happy with the service lee2cossies got.