General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

UPOL Acid 8 etch primer - got wet, start again or is it ok?

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2017, 08:32 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question UPOL Acid 8 etch primer - got wet, start again or is it ok?

been doing the underside of my golf repairing all the factory underseal thats come off over the years, got it all grinded down and applied to bare metal but had to go out in the car when it was wet and the primer got wet!

can i apply stonechip over it as its got wet or rub it all down again and start again? i do know some primers are porous hence why i am asking chaps

this stuff here -

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/pai...-8-etch-primer
Old 26-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Scott_Rst
Regular Contributor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I had some alloys blasted and then coated them in acid 8 stuff, i left a wheel outside when moving things around and it got soaked in rain overnight (primer was fully dry beforehand),

made no difference, i just made sure they were dry and and clean and paint went on with no issues,

as long as you havent rattled a load of stones etc off underside of car to damage/chip your primer you should be fine!
Old 26-03-2017, 08:52 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott_Rst
I had some alloys blasted and then coated them in acid 8 stuff, i left a wheel outside when moving things around and it got soaked in rain overnight (primer was fully dry beforehand),

made no difference, i just made sure they were dry and and clean and paint went on with no issues,

as long as you havent rattled a load of stones etc off underside of car to damage/chip your primer you should be fine!
yeah was only a drive down the road scott, i cant find anything on UPOLS site to says its porous though!