General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

St2 facelift any problems to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2017, 01:09 PM
RSBryden
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default St2 facelift any problems to look for?

Hi guys off to view a 08 st2 in orange tonight, it's fsh 77k the current owner has had it for 7 years!

is there anything I should be looking for when purchasing the car, any common faults or problems,

i am concerned as I have landed it so cheap and I'm doubtful of it being such a steal, all hpi reports are all clear etc.

any info is much appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 28-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Rowe
Skint

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

pressurised coolant system would generally indicate that the liners have split in the block..... could explain the low cost.

check for crash damage obviously, and triple check the VIN number and vehcle identity, including a proper HPI (not a cheap one)......... keyless ones are easy to steal and clone

there's not a great deal of common issues other than that. Rear arches tend to lift the lacquer where the bumper meets, and the same at the front and around the fog light bevels.
Old 28-02-2017, 02:24 PM
RSBryden

The hpi check was £19.99 seemed really thurroigh,
how will I check for the coolant being under pressure, after a test drive will it be overflowning if I pop off the cap?
Old 28-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Rowe
Skint

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

It'll be empty after a drive and then fill up rapidly and let out a notable amount of gas when you undo the cap

be careful
Old 28-02-2017, 04:22 PM
RSBryden

Ok thanks mate so I'll take it for a drive and then pop the bonnet and undo the cap if it's empty, if it's still flowing throw the pipes it be ok yeh