General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Moderation to the extreme......

Search this Thread

Old 24-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Moderation to the extreme......

So.

I post a thread in general about show threads being locked..
it gets moved to infraction/mod questions area...
i post again as i'm not entierly satisfied with responses, so othersare aware and can view..
that get moved to infraction area....
then very shortly after IT gets locked so i cannot continue discussion with Mods.....

WTF.

I'm sure this thread will be moved and or locked very shortly.........
Old 24-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

I would stop picking fights with them my friend. I have read the infraction threads and they have explained it. I am sure if you keep making new threads you are not going to make the situation any better and could result in a ban and with 3000 posts to your name that would be a loss to the forum.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:29 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts
Default Moderation to the extreme......

Bum sex
Old 24-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Their ball and their rules, nothing you say will make them change.
Just post on the RSOC instead if you want to have discussions about RSOC events is your best bet as they always seem to end up locked on here much quicker than anything else does, I think 1PD probably has some issue with the RSOC from how he talks about them TBH, so maybe that makes him hypersensitive and is the reason they all get locked so quickly.
The following users liked this post:
Ridgey (24-07-2015)
Old 24-07-2015, 11:33 AM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridgey
So.

I post a thread in general about show threads being locked..
it gets moved to infraction/mod questions area...

WTF.

I'm sure this thread will be moved and or locked very shortly.........

All the team are happy for a debate as long as its not one sure to escalate into a slagging match, this forum is one of the most liberal to discuss things without dictorial censorship, any issues I personally had with the club chip mentioned are historic and left long in the past by me, the threads you have started today were without any shred of credible foundation and were solely aimed at moderation enquirys for your personal point of view hence moving them to the moderating section, I respected your questions and replied but again shocked to see another post in the Car Related discussion area, call me a sceptic but I feel you are simply looking for a fight for no reason as why would you persist with this and again in the wrong section for such queries ?
Old 24-07-2015, 03:29 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Fight fight fight!!!!

As I've bit seen the other threads can someone point me in their direction please?

Or post it here so we can carry on being sensible
Old 24-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

It is always stated this forum is liberal - I don't know which forums you guys go on that are worse than here?
Old 24-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

OK.......let's discuss.

Who at what point decided that the:
'Shows and Trackdays' area was only for notification and planning of future events ??

This is not what it should be, it should be for talk also about 'shows and trackdays'
If I was to start a thread about a show in the general area, I would consider that the wrong place when there is the 'shows and trackday' section.

Am I being a retard?
If so I'll just shut up
Old 24-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Mate, the moderators run the forum, I think they probably do it for the love of cars and the forum too. As the SAS say "only pick the fights you can win"

'Shows and Trackdays' area was only for notification and planning of future events ?? The moderators did and they have told you.

If they close the threads then live with it. Their forum, their rules.

Last edited by Caddyshack; 24-07-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 24-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Fullflush

Yep, and their responsability for the sharp decline of site traffic over the years
Old 24-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Fullflush
Yep, and their responsability for the sharp decline of site traffic over the years
I am new in the last few yrs so cannot comment but nothing I have read or seen seems unfair or unreasonable.

Either way, their forum and you have the choice to read, post or walk.

I don't mean to pick an argument, I post on many forums, one is run by Nazis on my opinion but it's their forum so I suck it up and live with it....my choice to ignore them.

Treat it like a democracy, if we don't like what they do, don't support them by posting.
Old 24-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Fullflush

In years gone by it was amazing on here, I stopped posting then came back (sadly had to make a new account as I signed up with my work address, forgot my password and had changed jobs) and it's not the same.

I will still keep popping on, but the great atmosphere has vanished. People have clearly voted with their feet.

Out of all the sites I visit or mod on, this is the most draconin
Old 24-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
Mate, the moderators run the forum, I think they probably do it for the love of cars and the forum too. As the SAS say "only pick the fights you can win"

'Shows and Trackdays' area was only for notification and planning of future events ?? The moderators did and they have told you.

If they close the threads then live with it. Their forum, their rules.
It is Not Their forum though.

They moderate for all the users, not just the users that have the same views as certain individuals.

I commend ALL the mods for their time carrying out the role, as the forums and the car scene (clubs) rely on volunteers. I do my bit with a certain car club.

The mass users are the forum and without them it is nothing, so don't be fooled into thinking a couple of people are this and that....

I have no intention of picking fights, only voicing what I consider common sense and fairness.
Old 24-07-2015, 06:58 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

really? ive found this to be one of the most laid back forums im on where you can get away with pushing the bounderies that bit further....
sometimes (usually on the selling pages) things can kick off but its usually because the the rules have been applied rigorously and a member doesn't like it. ive been here since 2005 and it has got a bit quieter with less "characters" but I reckon that's more to do with much more varied other options thats diluted this place. thats the same with other forums im on though.i do know though that of all the old school forums I was on during my modding days this is the only one I still come on regularly.
Old 24-07-2015, 07:10 PM
STeve

fb and specific mk forums are whats caused the decline in forum traffic as all older forums have felt this in recent years, people move on so its the way it goes as life goes on, but passionford events has grown and again for the 4th year in a row we will be taking way over 100 cars to ford fair so not bad for a forum.

anyway discussing future events on the run up is fine in the events section and perfectly normal as thats what its all about and even helps promote events of any venue or club, but when events have past normally anyone with something on their mind for or against always starts a specific thread in gcrd or gncrd or even in the photo section when people view and comment on pictures, so closing a event advertisement thread after the event has taken place is a way of promoting use of the correct sections for what the forum was designed and has been done for many years, you are the only person ever to kick up a fuss over such a trivial thing, did you ever take note of the only staff name to contact in regards to shows and track days ? I guess not
Old 24-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Fullflush

Surely getting feedback on an event is as important as advertising it?
STeve (24-07-2015)
Old 24-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My point is I believe it depend who you are.....

And I initially only wanted to write a post to another member who went to the same event as me and posted on the same thread.

I,ve never come across threads being locked unless they have turned into a slanging match, which is understandable.
Otherwise you can be halting people's discussion for no good, useful reason.
And that is what I don't understand.

Honest.. I am a reasonable person.

Last edited by Ridgey; 24-07-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 24-07-2015, 07:15 PM
STeve

Surely getting feedback on an event is as important as advertising it?
spot on, but only advertisng threads have been closed after the event has taken place further discussions have never been closed unless its gone off track and in fact are welcomed
jamie's (24-07-2015)
Old 24-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Fullflush

1-PD what was the issue in this instance then?
Old 24-07-2015, 09:12 PM
STeve

1-PD what was the issue in this instance then?
a very small one, a thread in the events section advertising a event was closed after the event happened thats all no more no less and is the same as I have always done since running passionford events solo
Old 24-07-2015, 09:49 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
spot on, but only advertisng threads have been closed after the event has taken place further discussions have never been closed unless its gone off track and in fact are welcomed

so where can Dave start a new thread about the track day......in the track day section.
Old 24-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Organise PF group stand then.

And let people talk........ It's good to talk