General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RAC insured? Read on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 12:16 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RAC insured? Read on.

Just a quick heads up for anyone that has recently taken out an RAC car insurance policy or recently amended an existing policy.
In December i amended my policy to change from my Mondeo to my Focus, i printed off my new insurance certificate online with no problems and no concerns. About a week later i was told by the DVLA that they had finished processing my private number plate change and that i could swap it over on to the Focus so again i had to ring the RAC to make another amendment to my policy. A few days later i went online to print off the certificate but noticed that it said "Temporary Certificate of Motor Insurance" so i rang up to query it and was told that that was the norm and it was something that they had just started doing and after 4 weeks it would revert back to a full (not temporary) certificate. Yesterday it occurred to me that i had't benn back online to print off a new full certificate so i logged back on but still it said temporary certificate, more worryingly it said it expired on 6th January so i thought i had been driving around for almost a month with no insurance. I rang them straight away and was told that everything was ok and that i was still insured and they emailed me a new certificate whilst i was on the phone.

The reason for this post is that the guy told me that they had been having a lot of problems like this lately so i thought i would make you aware so that you can check your own RAC policies to make sure everything is correct on your certificate otherwise you might go to tax your car and find that your certificate has expired.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 PM
James B
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not with Rac but nice one for posting it up
Old 06-02-2013, 08:54 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^^Cheers mate. Just thought if it has happened to me it could easily happen to someone else so for the sake of 2 minutes logging on to their website it's worth checking.