General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford executive gift cosworths with boo reg

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2012, 10:21 PM
dai burnsy
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford executive gift cosworths with boo reg

Is it true that ford gave a limited amount cosworths with last letters boo on plates I seen pic years ago of them lined up with boo plates out side dagenham I think a friend of mine owns one with a boo plate now too which was in the pic or am I wrong maybe lol
Old 20-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Its the first ive heard of it.Im sure some of fords press cars ended in WOO.
Old 20-11-2012, 06:37 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd love to see that pic - I owned G30 BOO for years, and also heard the story
Old 20-11-2012, 06:44 AM
STeve
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Official PassionFord BANNED Trader
Super Moderator

Received 869 Likes on 697 Posts

its a rumour that's been around for years, unconfirmed mind as it was gossip that went round our dealership
Old 20-11-2012, 11:11 AM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cor fook me that reminds me of the ol mans family chevette bk in mid 80,s lol. Reg was BOO 900T skyblue 1.3 what a car tht was !! haha
Old 20-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the local identifiers for registrations in that area is *OO, and the local vehicle licensing office release registration numbers in batches so Ford can't make all their press cars WOO or their Cosworths BOO - it purely depends on what sequence is in use at that time.

I have an XR4i that is YOO, and my XR4x4 donor was XOO. Nothing special about either of them at all and it doesn't even necessarily signify that FoMoCo was the original owner (though there is a very high likelihood that they were, but most would be staff or management cars rather than anything "exotic").
Old 20-11-2012, 01:01 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
One of the local identifiers for registrations in that area is *OO, and the local vehicle licensing office release registration numbers in batches so Ford can't make all their press cars WOO or their Cosworths BOO - it purely depends on what sequence is in use at that time.

I have an XR4i that is YOO, and my XR4x4 donor was XOO. Nothing special about either of them at all and it doesn't even necessarily signify that FoMoCo was the original owner (though there is a very high likelihood that they were, but most would be staff or management cars rather than anything "exotic").
But back in the day they were "exotic" cars, and were priced as such, so i can't see them being given to your average employee.

Martin
Old 20-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In the world of automakers, normal rules about company cars don't apply.

For instance, I spent over 6 years working for a FoMoCo subsidiary and for 5 of those I drove Vauxhalls, before moving on to Volvos.

At Fiat, I drove an Alfa, and at MB I drove a better/more expensive car than most of the finance directors that I dealt with.
Old 20-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rubbish, at ford you got company cars as a perc, depend and of your job title, our service manager had a focus rs that was returned as a company car for a few months as his smax needed a new warranty engine

When the company car tax law kicked in most management drove about in ford rangers till bean counting took over and now have kuga or fully loaded mondeo

Remember the. Are then sold within 9 months as ex demo cars unless they get bigger miles then they get swapped about a bit

Oh and our sales reps used to also have smax's too as they can help with delivery of parts in times f need
Old 20-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OO is the prefix for the local DVLA office at the time, hence all "ford" owned cars were OO prefixed
Old 20-11-2012, 08:41 PM
humey
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking oo reg

My 92 saff 4x4 was 1st owned by ford its reg K725 HOO, maybe a managers car as it was registered at the head office at Brentwood.