General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TCS "track classic sports" Rant!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Angry TCS "track classic sports" Rant!

Hello,

So Saturday i was booked up for a power run there for 14:00, all good and well as i said to the misses we can make a day of it and go shopping

So i get there about 13:50 and asked this guy if i was in the right place and he said i was then ended up him trying to sell me inductions kits or something, never mind that as a real guy who worked there come out to see me and said they are running a few hours behind today and for me to come back Monday! or wait a few hours and see if there done in time There is nothing to do there!! What could i say? No get my car in there?!? So feeling stuck i said yeah Monday, only for him to say "If anything changes on our end we will call you Monday" Your call me!! Why did you not call me before i set off on a 100 mile round trip!!

So apon all this i wont be going tomorrow nor will i call to say that i wont be there! What a waste of 100 miles and time and as we know time is money! He could of said he will give me a discount for all the messing about.

If you book a date and time then it should be yours not come back in your own time again and waste more money! Im sure MSD would call you in advanced and say that there a little behind before you set off!

I would not recommend this place to my enemy now for this!

I dont like doing stuff like this but i feel as if everyone should know and if they want a power run or anything like that you should go somewhere elsa!

Thanks for reading my rant if you did
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

I guess i dont have anyone to share my pain with
Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 AM
shaun_focus4x4
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bastards
Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Was it a DD RR ?

If not its a waste of space anyway lol

Steve
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Why not ill sound thick, what does "DD RR" stand for I have something in mind but think its wrong.

It was just for a power run but thats not the point! I had a missed call today about 2 so its proof they have my number!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

dyno dynamics rolling road.

Thats bad service!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Oh, yeah they are "DD RR"

http://www.trackclassicsports.com/
Old 14-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Bluprint
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky i stumbled over this as it isn't really the way it happened at all...

You were called a few hours before your booking to be informed of the fact that they were running late, as they did me as i was booked in after you.

I am nothing to do with TCS just used them for years and happen to know them fairly well as a result. The guy that approached you about induction kits had nothing to do with them and i'm sure you would've been told this from the off, not really sure why you felt the need to mention it at all.

What the hell did you expect? -Them to unstrap the race car that they were in the middle of sorting out from the rollers, re-set all the computer etc, strap yours on for a mere power-run and then have to re-strap the racer back in, re-load the maps etc & continue? That'd be a bigger waste of time and complete ball-ache, look at it from their POV and realise that you're small-fry comparative to what they do everyday. I don't mean to say they should've treated you any worse, but please try and appreciate life for other people a little more, it would be great if life was always straight forward and plain sailing, everything going to plan, but as i'm sure we all know it just doesn't go like that...

It was only going to be a few hours at most and if you'd have answered your phone you would've known! It really aggrevates me when people like you on forums seem to want to drag businesses names through the dirt when really it's not very deserved, you only have to look at the kind of things TCS play with day-in day-out and their customers competition results to realise they're obviously not a bunch of messers.

One happy (& competitively successful) customer here, Tom is massively knowledgable & very helpful, people like him are very rare and worth praising, not condemning.
Old 14-09-2012, 06:04 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes i see your point, but a booked time on the rollers is a booked time on the rollers so it is still piss poor service imo.
Old 14-09-2012, 06:42 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluprint

What the hell did you expect? -Them to unstrap the race car that they were in the middle of sorting out from the rollers, re-set all the computer etc, strap yours on for a mere power-run and then have to re-strap the racer back in, re-load the maps etc & continue? .
In a word yes!!!!

steve
Old 14-09-2012, 07:16 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by The Youth.
In a word yes!!!!

steve
if your race car was at your tuners, and there was an issue with it on the dyno, you needed it for the sunday for a race. would you be happy if they threw it off for joe bloggs off the street who wanted a Ł50 power run?

i cant see many companies doing that. why would they risk loosing someone who could be spending thousands, to help someone who just wants a power run.

the obvious thing to do would be to phone up as early as possible and reschedule the power run.
Old 14-09-2012, 07:25 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChuck
if your race car was at your tuners, and there was an issue with it on the dyno, you needed it for the sunday for a race. would you be happy if they threw it off for joe bloggs off the street who wanted a Ł50 power run?

i cant see many companies doing that. why would they risk loosing someone who could be spending thousands, to help someone who just wants a power run.

the obvious thing to do would be to phone up as early as possible and reschedule the power run.
If I go to the dentist for a check up, if I need work doing I have to book a new appointment and go back for the work to be done at a later date, so the next dude is in for his appointment on time.

Same should have been done here IMO!
Old 14-09-2012, 07:29 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichieST
If I go to the dentist for a check up, if I need work doing I have to book a new appointment and go back for the work to be done at a later date, so the next dude is in for his appointment on time.

Same should have been done here IMO!
CORRECT

Or he should at least be compensated for his time & fuel wasted not just told to come back monday .
Old 14-09-2012, 07:35 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Bluprint
Lucky i stumbled over this as it isn't really the way it happened at all...

You were called a few hours before your booking to be informed of the fact that they were running late, as they did me as i was booked in after you.

Yeah , what a stroke of luck to find this post!!! Don't suppose you've got Saturdays lottery numbers do you?

How do you know he received a call If you weren't there when any phone calls were made Was it women's intuition?
Old 14-09-2012, 07:38 PM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieST
in that sense i agree.

but without knowing the full details its hard to comment, i was simply offering a scenario where it could be quite costly to throw off the race car.
Old 14-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Really poor customer service here.

And I'm sure Bluprint has nothing to do with them
Old 14-09-2012, 10:06 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So there a company who don't give a fuck unles your spending 1000's? One to avoid then! Your a poor spokesman!
Old 14-09-2012, 10:12 PM
dodgysRS1600i
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

shame you was messed about as i took my fresh built sapphire cosworth there 2 weeks ago to be set up...they spent 4 hours on it and after 23 runs on the dyno they only charged me Ł120.00 and that included fixing a fuel leak, removing and repairing the throttle and they put new plugs in and replaced 2 injector seals... i would recommend them highly..!!
Old 14-09-2012, 10:46 PM
tomsmith
Virgin

Wow, quite the hot topic this appears to have become. I had best introduce myself, I'm Tom the owner of TCS.
Firstly my apologies go out to Eigdoog of the problems that day. The car in question that was on the dyno is one of my long term customers who i actually sponser as well. The car indeed needed to be done that day as we was taking it to brands hatch the next day for a race weekend. It had developed an unforseen problem that meant the job ran late. At the first point of realising this was going to be the case we did try to call 'Eigdoog' but it was too late as he must have already left.
In response to the compensation arguement, i would of course have discounted the price of the power run either if he had waited or if he had returned the Monday after the saturday this happened (bank holiday monday) as he said he was ok to do.
Its a shame he couldnt voice his concerns to us on the day rather than having to come on here and do it as im sure if he would of we could of sorted something there and then as we are not in the business of pissing people off.
The work we do here is predominantly motorsport work, for instance 75% of the cars i have on the dyno are historic F1 and old F5000 cars, i sponser Jake Hill in the Ginetta GT championship (one of the BTCC support races) and we feature heavily in the mini7 club and many 750mc and cscc championships. Because of this we dont tend to take on many power run sessions any more incase of reoccurrences of this type of thing.
Its not a case of us 'not giving a fuck' as one person so eloquently put it. Motorsport work is our life and our passion and im afraid it will always come first. 99.9% of our customers understand this but then 99% of our customers are motorsport ones.

Once again, apologies Eigdoog. If you still feel aggrieved about this event then i will happily compensate you your fuel money as a gesture of goodwill.
Old 14-09-2012, 10:47 PM
tomsmith
Virgin

Oh, and no. Bluprint is a customer of ours nothing more than that.
Old 14-09-2012, 11:04 PM
KregRS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one to think this? A supposed customer, and the company owner, can single out a customer from just over 3 months ago, when by all accounts, the company is so busy, then just happen to come on here and find the thread?
Or, did they google their company, find a crap review and come on for some damage limitation?

And how does Bluprint know so much about what happened, phone calls etc?

Last edited by KregRS; 14-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 14-09-2012, 11:22 PM
tomsmith
Virgin

Originally Posted by KregRS
Am I the only one to think this? A supposed customer, and the company owner, can single out a customer from just over 3 months ago, when by all accounts, the company is so busy, then just happen to come on here and find the thread?
Or, did they google their company, find a crap review and come on for some damage limitation?

And how does Bluprint know so much about what happened, phone calls etc?
Bluprint was here on the day, as he has already mentioned. He found the thread today and gave me a call to let me know about it. I can recall the day yes, as i have a fully functioning memory, a computer database on the dyno and a good old fashioned diary at my disposal to look up things that happened in the past.

Thanks for your input KregRS but no i did not come on here for 'damage limitation', i came on here to explain the situation and to offer the OP compensation.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

This is one of the reasons I'm reluctant to book in power runs for a specific time slot when I have cars booked on the rollers for mapping beforehand because sometimes the mapping session reveals unexpected problems that take time to sort out.

Having said all of that, if I had booked a car for a power run and couldn't get the car on for whatever reason then I'd have made sure that the customer knew this before setting off.

Comparing mapping and setting up to a dentists work isn't a level playing field IMHO.

Last edited by Martin-Hadland; 15-09-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:54 AM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tomsmith
Wow, quite the hot topic this appears to have become. I had best introduce myself, I'm Tom the owner of TCS.
Firstly my apologies go out to Eigdoog of the problems that day. The car in question that was on the dyno is one of my long term customers who i actually sponser as well. The car indeed needed to be done that day as we was taking it to brands hatch the next day for a race weekend. It had developed an unforseen problem that meant the job ran late. At the first point of realising this was going to be the case we did try to call 'Eigdoog' but it was too late as he must have already left.
In response to the compensation arguement, i would of course have discounted the price of the power run either if he had waited or if he had returned the Monday after the saturday this happened (bank holiday monday) as he said he was ok to do.
Its a shame he couldnt voice his concerns to us on the day rather than having to come on here and do it as im sure if he would of we could of sorted something there and then as we are not in the business of pissing people off.
The work we do here is predominantly motorsport work, for instance 75% of the cars i have on the dyno are historic F1 and old F5000 cars, i sponser Jake Hill in the Ginetta GT championship (one of the BTCC support races) and we feature heavily in the mini7 club and many 750mc and cscc championships. Because of this we dont tend to take on many power run sessions any more incase of reoccurrences of this type of thing.
Its not a case of us 'not giving a fuck' as one person so eloquently put it. Motorsport work is our life and our passion and im afraid it will always come first. 99.9% of our customers understand this but then 99% of our customers are motorsport ones.

Once again, apologies Eigdoog. If you still feel aggrieved about this event then i will happily compensate you your fuel money as a gesture of goodwill.

Good on you Tom for coming on here to try & sort things out

from what i have read your company seem to be very good at what you do.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Hello all!

I am very surprised this thread has made it from the grave for a start

To start off with Tom, i never had any phone calls from you before the power run but this not to say you never called its just my phone never had anything on it and i do always answer my phone incase of new work.
At the time i was abit shocked i guess and thats way i never really said anything on the day then just drove off On the other hand im not one for face to face confrontation. I mean, i just drove 100 miles and got told to turn around so of course i was shocked.

I know i only wanted a mere power run but i was hoping this could lead to more as i want to tune my car abit more then once the cossie was on the road i could of gone there for this too, i have heard good things about your place also you do have good equipment and you also seemed a nice guy.

Above all, there was no phone call made to me to make me aware of the late running. That meant a wasted 100 mile journey which equals one aggrivated customer. 3 Months down the line i find there is no need for compensation, the damage was done at the time.

Blueprint, i said about the guy with the kits as it sets the scene a little more.

Last edited by Eigdoog; 15-09-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 15-09-2012, 09:31 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

the owner seems to have posted a decent reply

i can only go on what's been posted as i was neither there nor have ever had any dealings with sid company, i don't even know where they are

but as a customer, i would probably have done the same thing, posted on the net that i was pissed off and let things go from there

tsc seem to have a few customers that speak highly of them so it owuld be a shame if things could not be resolved amicably

as martin has said, booking a dyno for a specific time has always been a bit hit and miss because you don't know whats going to happen beforehand, i went to the dentist earlier this week and had to wait 25 minutes after my appointment time, and i'm going back again today to get the work done that's needed so i'll look back and tell you how long it took this time