General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Euro car parts - Shocking customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 27-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Colin_P
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Euro car parts - Shocking customer service.

Ordered some parts on Monday for next day delivery and paid the extra for that.

Took a day off work Tuesday to take delivery of the parts and fit them.

Got an e-mail Tuesday morning saying some of the parts were not in stock and was asked to let them know if I'd take delivery of the parts in 2 days time. Had no option of e-mailing back.

Phoned straight away and was told it was a mistake and that the parts were going to be delivery that day.

Nothing.

Phoned again later on and was told that actually they DIDN'T have one of the parts in stock, a pollen filter of all things that isn't critical. And "Sorry Sir we cannot get the other parts to you today" I asked for the parts that were available to be delivered first thing this morning. I also wanted the next day delivery fee to be refunded and was told someone from "Management" would call me.

Today PM, phoned AGAIN to ask where the delivery was. Was told it had been dispatched and was with the courier AND that I'd be e-mailed a tracking number so I could chase.

Nothing.

Phoned AGAIN (just now) and got told that the tracking number was STILL being looked for. I asked for someone to call me once things were known.

I HOLD OUT NO HOPE OF GETTING A CALL OR EVER GETTING MY DELIVERY.

I HAVE TAKEN A DAY OFF WORK WHICH HAS BEEN LOST DUE TO THE COMPLETE INEPTITUDE OF ECP.

HOW HARD IS IT TO PHONE SOMEONE? I'D HAVE DROPPED THE POLLEN FILTER OFF THE ORDER TO ENSURE I GOT THE CRITICAL PARTS I NEEDED... THAT IS IF I WERE GIVEN THE OPTION AND WAS GIVEN PROPER INFORMATION.

HOW HARD IS IT TO GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER INSTEAD OF FOBBING YOUR CUSTOMERS OFF INSTEAD OF SOLVING THEIR PROBLEM. It's not as if I've sat back and let things go wrong, I have chased and chased.

PATHETIC.

I shall be taking my business elsewhere and will make it known to everyone I know how bad ECP customer service is. I'd read on various forums about how bad they are but didn't believe it. My voice is now added to those who advise against using them.

Not happy.
Old 27-11-2013, 05:02 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 115 Likes on 108 Posts

Useless!

Eurowrongparts

Wanted a HEGO sensor for an old Fiesta for a job at work recently, it was a fraction of genuine cost from ECP. However - even despite telling them the Ford finis code for the correct part, it still came wrong twice, so the car sat there a whole day.
Old 27-11-2013, 05:06 PM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GVK.
Useless!

Eurowrongparts

Wanted a HEGO sensor for an old Fiesta for a job at work recently, it was a fraction of genuine cost from ECP. However - even despite telling them the Ford finis code for the correct part, it still came wrong twice, so the car sat there a whole day.
They are the same with brake pads
Old 27-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Colin_P

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I got a call back from a manager who apologised, said the next day delivery fee would be refunded and I'd have £15 credited off the order.

Thing is, despite being told twice earlier today it was on the road with the courier, it turns out the order hadn't even been picked from the warehouse.

Why would any company lie to its customers? Reputation is everything these days and can quickly be ruined online.

I've lost a day off work because of this which is far more than the £15.

I feel sorry for any of you who run garages where failed deliveries mean a blocked ramp and reduces what you can do in your workshop let alone how it must piss your own customers off through no fault of your own.

Anyone else bad experiences with them?

I've used them for years as a DIY'er and normally go to a branch. Normally when I get there, there is a huge queue with one person serving and countless people visible out the back sat at desks. What gives there?

Fingers crossed about my parts being delivered tomorrow but I won't hold my breath.
Old 27-11-2013, 05:41 PM
gingerturbo
The annoying ginger guy

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Every day yet we still use them as they can get hard to get parts
Old 27-11-2013, 05:45 PM
MrC
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A supposedly brand new cv joint from euro

Open packet, bits missing, no grease. Grease already packed In with stones and dust

Last edited by MrC; 27-11-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 27-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

On the whole I have found ECP to be very good. Only issue that springs to mind is they insist the battery on my A4 is an 096 which is wrong, it should be an 096R but every place I tried for a battery had that one wrong.

Does sound like you have suffered shocking customer service.
Old 27-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its the way of the world now

I still get money taken from my bank account from pistonheads 3 months after i cancelled my account

I rang up and was told they had sorted this and yet 3 months later there still taking the money

You just get told lies , and told people will ring you back but they dont

Its a 44 miles round trip to go into my bank to cancell my direct debit that i will now have to do even tho they told me i didnt need to do this as they can stop the payments being taken at there end

that was 3 payments ago

wankers
Old 27-11-2013, 08:38 PM
PAUL V

I do feel for you and yes it sounds like a right cock-up and shocking service. But i would never book time off work until i have the part in my hand.

To many variables these days with some web sites drop shipping part of the order etc, been let down to many times,

Saturday delivery is the same paid for is loads and the vendor has sent it on the correct service but the parcel company could not be arsed to send it out.
Old 27-11-2013, 08:49 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

To offer counter argument I've always found there service very good. Recently ordered some wiper blades at 4pm 3 options, went for free delivery, 5pm got tracking number from ups, 9am parts arrived....who needs to pay for delivery. Sorry you have had a bad experience.
Old 27-11-2013, 09:30 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by North Yorks RS Spares
Its the way of the world now

Its a 44 miles round trip to go into my bank to cancell my direct debit that i will now have to do even tho they told me i didnt need to do this as they can stop the payments being taken at there end

that was 3 payments ago

wankers
If you were to take your own advice form the first line of your post and fully embrace the internet, you'd find you can do all sorts of useful things like cancel direct debits online
Old 27-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bigchez
If you were to take your own advice form the first line of your post and fully embrace the internet, you'd find you can do all sorts of useful things like cancel direct debits online
With his Internet speeds it will be quicker to drive.
Old 27-11-2013, 09:34 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Carlos-Titx
With his Internet speeds it will be quicker to drive.
We all know Paul loves promoting usage of the dog & bone so even if he's on dial-up he could give the banco a tinkle and do most administration that way.

Or send a fax
Old 27-11-2013, 09:52 PM
MrC
Advanced PassionFord User

Or sent some blue smoke signals
Old 27-11-2013, 09:59 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

im not so bad with euro as for me they are just like one of the local factors as there is a branch 2 miles away and they deliver for free as many times a day as i ask them to! ive no experience in online ordering with them tho. i only use them for parts that my local part co and general traffic cant supply as most of the stuff i order off euro is dealer specific and usually comes in dealer branded boxes lol
Old 27-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Not just because I work for GT, but everything I hear about ECP is negative! Stock availability is good, but their telesales and marketing is so aggressive it switches the customers off! Mechanics getting dragged off jobs up to 10 times a day to be asked if they want to buy copper pipe or blue roll
Old 28-11-2013, 06:21 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 115 Likes on 108 Posts

Gotta love the advertising on here.

Name:  euro_zps771936ab.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  91.6 KB
Old 28-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

Always found the ECP click and collect service excellent, they normally ring me an hour or so after I,m done online to say the order is waiting and ready for collection