General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford s max leaking water ant ideas

Search this Thread

Old 15-07-2011, 05:14 PM
dickycox
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford s max leaking water ant ideas

Pulled back the frond pass, side mat to find a very wet carpet soaked it up and 3 days latter its worse,it has rained once for a hour could it be the air con leaking the drivers side is bone dry. It has not rainned enough for it to be that wet .
Old 15-07-2011, 05:20 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

air con is a gas not liquid are you sure its rain water not anti freeze from your radiator.
Old 15-07-2011, 05:26 PM
phillipnoke
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your bonnet open from the inside if so try the rubber grommit some times it comes out windscreen wipers to engine malfunctions. One fault causes the battery to drain in a couple of days if the car is not used, leaving owners stranded.

The fit and finish of the trim appears to be an issue, too, with items working loose or breaking over time. The centre console and door trims seem particularly vulnerable, and the interior can look scruffy quickly if it's not looked after.

Some cars suffer mysterious steering 'clonks', especially at low speed. Dealers can fix it, but the problem has a habit of reappearing.

So far, there have been a few recalls that concern the S-Max, but the most important cover overly stiff brake pedals and diesel engines cutting out. Cars should have been recalled to address these, but get a franchised dealer to confirm that any model you're looking at has been called back.
Old 15-07-2011, 05:42 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

could it be the heater matrix? is your engine coolant level ok?
Old 15-07-2011, 07:34 PM
dickycox
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will look at the coolant tomoro, water in the car bad news if i cant sort it bye bye s max its been a good car for 3 years.