General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Parking Ticket Query

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
eddie_od
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parking Ticket Query

Would I be right in saying that a council parking ticket is only becomes valid once placed on your vehicles windscreen?

Reason I ask is I overslept one morning and I seen a traffic warden starting to process a ticket for me on his machine as i was walking to it. He turned and went to his scooter, seemed to have a wee problem with printer or something. As i got to my van he was still had his back turned, I just jumped in and drove off as you do.

This morning I got a notice in telling me I had failed to pay said ticket. Am I still liable even though I never had the ticket at any point?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:31 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if they see you doing it and start doing as ticket you will get done...

I got caught by video camera on a double yellow getting money out and they sent me a picture....So i asked for a video as i only stopped briefly after hitting something on the road and they sent me a VHS tape of me goign to the cash point lol.....so had to pay LOL
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

yep they dont have to put a ticket on the screen anymore.

hence why so many councils now buy smarts and other superminis with the camera pole thingy on so they can hide in alleys and give tickets out from the comfort of their cars. they use them loads for things like bus lanes and yelllow boxes.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It's routine to take a photo of the ticket on the windscreen.

Write back and say that you didn't receive a ticket. And politely ask them to provide photographic evidence. They 'may' just cancel it. It's easier than you think to get a ticket cancelled - just keep making a nuisance of yourself with letters. I got one whilst parked in the 'loading bay' outside work (It's a loading bay, yet it has double yellows, and a 'no loading sign' despite it being unenforceable as there are no 'no loading' kerb markings. A couple of letters later and it as waived.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:24 PM
yellowsierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Yep, i was sitting in my van the other day outside the bank waiting for my mate when along comes a warden, He said to me that things have changed and now they have the power to just take a piccy....even if you are driving away !!!
He let me go on my way and said to take it as a warning.
Same goes for Bus lanes, drive in one and expect a fine in the post.....i know cos i got one
Old 03-06-2011, 08:03 PM
eddie_od
PassionFord Regular

Cheers for the info lads.

I've seen them take photos round here after putting a ticket on so I'll just ask for proof. Suppose they can only say no.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-13638650

if they don't put the ticket on your screen then they can't enforce it as there is no pic to show everything

just tell them that you asked him if it was ok to park there and he said no so you drove off
Old 03-06-2011, 08:50 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-13638650

if they don't put the ticket on your screen then they can't enforce it as there is no pic to show everything

just tell them that you asked him if it was ok to park there and he said no so you drove off

I think this is your best policy,again ask for the evidence and say you knew nothing about it,you could even say you gestured to the warden with a thumbs up sign and he waved you off,you never know if they ask you what accent the warden had or something and the cunt maybe from Bratislava!!!

I'd certainly question it's validity,especially if it's a tight time "window" of say 30 mins or so.

Always question them and make it out your like a saint,probably get off with a warning.

My missus has never paid a parking fine in her life and got several people off with them as well,it's easy if you know a friendly garage owner!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
fordrs2005
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as above

i thought they had to put it on the window , but suppose i could be there word against yours if they put it on the window

where you been hiding anyway mate ? apart from the traffic wardens

you going to kames on sunday ?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
nugnah
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

ok lads, the whole must be put on your car is bollocks, as soon as the ticket process is started it has to be completed, so that is either putting on your screen or sending you it in the post if you drive off, the reason photos are taken is to prove the vehicle was there and in location etc, bearing in mind the warden would have taken your tax disc serial, another point that proves you were there.

How do i know, because i am a civil enforcement officer and formerly a police traffic warden, hate me if you want lol but i will give advice on how to get off tickets if i can

jas
Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

This was on GMTV this morning with Martin Lewis I think his name is and over 50% of appealed tickets get off might be worth looking up on their site
Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
eddie_od
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by fordrs2005
as above

i thought they had to put it on the window , but suppose i could be there word against yours if they put it on the window

where you been hiding anyway mate ? apart from the traffic wardens

you going to kames on sunday ?
Just working constantly getting the company going gibby. Thats me now just getting round to getting the cossie sorted. 2 and half years its been!!!

Yeah i'll try to pop down for a bit tomorrow mate, on call though. be good to catch up with the west boys.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Nearly got one once from the fittest traffic warden I've ever seen! Luckily I'd given up on my queue to get money, and walked out and just said 'shit'. She was safe as houses, let me on my way, and even told me where I could park near there that she couldn't give me a ticket haha.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Always challenge any parking ticket as they will often buckle and quash the ticket. I've had a few tickets issued to me whilst working and have never paid one yet.