General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

American Chopper.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
L33 BYT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Chopper.

I know its not to everyones taste, however does any one know if the show is coming back. I know the show was cancelled but internet is full of speculation that its returning with Paul Jnr and Vinnie may come back.

Has this been shown in the UK? Is it due or is it all internet bullll Shittttttt
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked American Chopper, wasnt the same when Jr and Mikey left!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Not heard anything, would be surprised if they came back, unless they have fallen on their arses going ti alone.

Watched a show about how it came about, their shop was only chosen at the last minute over another place due to it being a father and son, and after the first show senior went mental at the producers at it was more about them bickering, that was until they realise they had had 10,000 hits on their website in a day!!

Bet they are chuffed they got picked now!!

Perasonally I went off the show a bit when they started doing everything on the flow yets etc, the bikes seemed to get bigger and dafter.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Shame its not on anymore, but it did get to a point when the bikes were just churned out and wasn`t that much designing in it after Jr stopped creating.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:54 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

from what i've seen jnr seems to have been doing ok on his own, but nowhere NEAR the money he was making doing bikes

apparently he was a 10% owner of occ though, so what happened there?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve the Plumber
I liked American Chopper, wasnt the same when Jr and Mikey left!
+1
Old 11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jnr set up his own company, then employed Vinnie. Snr caused trouble as some of the occ employee's left.

They are on torrent's on certain sites, been out for about 6 months, since September there hasn't been another episode uploaded.

PM for the links to them if you want them.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Johnny Knoxville
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

http://www.vforcecustoms.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnKp2WA9cqA

http://www.pauljrdesigns.com/
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

They launched a new mini series called American Chopper: Senior vs Junior. Ive watched it and its available to download from various sites It shows Senior creating one bike for a bike show and Junior making another web themed bike and his first paying customer bike a few weeks before the same bike show.

Shame it ended early and I do like the show
Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As stated Vinnie now works with Junior along with Mikey having part of the workshop for his painting.

Junior was opening a boutique with his girlfriend, he owned the building and company, she was going to run it. Then he opened Paul Junior Designs and started designing for other companies, even designed a dog park for the Council. Then decided he was going into bikes again as he missed it and it was what his good at.

OCC wasn't the same when bike designs went to Jason Poole and Junior wasn't allowed to be in on it. Many times Senior stopped Junior and Poole sitting down and discussing things and he wanted Poole to design everything. There was problems with the paint guy, Nubs and they employed their own painter who did as he was told and what Poole designed. Nubs creates his own stuff and changed the designs for the better mid way through. Nubs now works with Junior and his custom art work is awesome

Junior still owns 20% (iirc) of the company and they are having a court battle over Senior buying Junior out. Senior has had the company valued at $0.00, yes thats $0.00.... Hence Junior is telling him to fook off and fighting it in Court.

Bit of details on the show:
http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopper/
Old 11-11-2010, 09:49 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Sounds like a nightmare, especially with in-fighting like that within the family !!!

Senior needs to take a chill pill.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a good example of why not to work with family, and how money is the root of all evil!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gotta agree with others about it going down hill since poolie was the only one allowed to design anything unless senior was massageing his ego by doing it himself. Senior has let the fame go to his head and also made the mistake of letting the idiots in the office drive a wedge between him and his kids as they didn't like them.
They should bring back overhualin as that was worth watching apart from the latest series that had its budget cut blatantly.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Cant believe they all fell out. I thought a lot of the shouting and carrying on was just for the camera.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:08 AM
dojj

am i the only one on seniors side here?

the amount of shit that he took from junior was unreal, the simple things like cleaning up after yourself and turning up on time were 2 of my personal hates, plus the fact that junior was always so smug all the time and just couldn't take any criticism of any aspect of his work

for sure senior has gone a bit over the top sometimes, but you can see that he's got millions of years of business and bikes in his past and rather than just give it all up to his kids, he wants them to work hard to make the business grow and be worthy of it's fame and success, but for the ones he wants to pass it onto not pull their weight, no wonder he's fucked them off
Old 12-11-2010, 06:48 AM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I got pissed off watching it when about 10% was building the bike and the other 90% was visiting places and arguing....
Old 12-11-2010, 07:23 AM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I thought Vinnie and Cody made their own company?
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 AM
brizie
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JayCC
I thought Vinnie and Cody made their own company?
Yeah they set up v force customs

http://www.vforcecustoms.com/
Old 12-11-2010, 03:16 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
am i the only one on seniors side here?

the amount of shit that he took from junior was unreal, the simple things like cleaning up after yourself and turning up on time were 2 of my personal hates, plus the fact that junior was always so smug all the time and just couldn't take any criticism of any aspect of his work

for sure senior has gone a bit over the top sometimes, but you can see that he's got millions of years of business and bikes in his past and rather than just give it all up to his kids, he wants them to work hard to make the business grow and be worthy of it's fame and success, but for the ones he wants to pass it onto not pull their weight, no wonder he's fucked them off
That is true.

But look where senior's approach has got them now ?

The business aspect may not have ran perfectly, but it worked and did make a lot of money. You may have ideals about how something should run, that doesnt mean it is achievable, or ultimately better.

Driving both Mikey and then Paul out, clearly wasnt making any sense in the long term running of the business.
Mikey may have joked about, and generally seemed to do very little work. But in terms of team morale, and livening up the tv program, public relations etc, he was an essential part. Without the TV program, they wouldnt be where they are today.
So even he did play a very important part.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 PM
dojj

so everyone was at fault then, i don't think snr got a fair deal out of it all, even though he's probably worth the most money, even thought 80% of $0 is still the bigger share