General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Engerland...

Search this Thread

Old 23-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
That's just it though, isn't it. We're there, having a go. Let's see what happens when Scotland pla... Oh wait, no, scrap that. My bad, you're not there. I forgot.

Benni.
Benni that comeback was done about 30 posts ago. Not to mention i dont think any scottish/irish/welsh person has ever said on here that we could do better!
Old 23-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

You telling us what you think of us was done days ago, but it doesn't stop you repeating yourselves.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:18 PM
1982mof

When was the last time england beat a big team. Got beat off poor Spain and Brazil teams not so long ago.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:19 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo
What i'm saying is i'm not blinkered by the english media/commentators etc..
Yes because your mind is made up about England before you switch on the TV.

i can see it from the other side.
Mate, you lot are CAMPED on the other side.

But aye, i hate you and want you to lose i guess.
Exactly, so its not a fair view of an England game is it. You're biased.

Also at the people going on about germany being just as bad... i think they have been watching the wrong team! they've had one slip up and 2 convincing wins imo! Compared to Englands; 1 win against a pish team, 1 draw against a pisher team and 1 draw against an average team. And only 2 goals scored.
Were unbeaten and through, that's all that matters here.

If you all came back down to earth and realised things are not as rosey as you all think, i rekon the rest of the world might have a fairer view of you.
There's a difference between over reaction and celebrating going through. Do you honestly not expect people to be happy with the result today?

Last edited by skeg; 23-06-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:20 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

What i'm saying is i'm not blinkered by the english media/commentators etc.. i can see it from the other side.

But aye, i hate you and want you to lose i guess.

Also at the people going on about germany being just as bad... i think they have been watching the wrong team! they've had one slip up and 2 convincing wins imo! Compared to Englands; 1 win against a pish team, 1 draw against a pisher team and 1 draw against an average team. And only 2 goals scored.

If you all came back down to earth and realised things are not as rosey as you all think, i rekon the rest of the world might have a fairer view of you.

With any luck your hooligans will have a ruck after Germany horse you aswell... that'd be some buzz.
Tonights germany win was not anything near convincing IMO.

As for your laughable "i'm free from the bias of the fans/media etc ", are you fuck, you're massively biased the other way, i'm surprised you dont fall over with that chip on your shoulder

If you feel the need to sit on here and slag off england so blindly you've got some serious problems/issues IMO.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:21 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I've had this all night off my best mate for Neith-Swansea Wales and a his mate from Perth, Scotland. Although Half Welsh myself, I consider myself English, and we won 1-0 tonight. GET THE FUCK OVER IT! We still won, we are still through the group stages... sour grapes?...
Old 23-06-2010, 10:23 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 1982mof
When was the last time england beat a big team. Got beat off poor Spain and Brazil teams not so long ago.

England beat Germany on their own pitch under Capello a bit before they lost to Spain away.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:23 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

They'll keep going as long as they get a reaction.

I don't think Germany have been outstanding from what I have seen of them. They played reasonably well tonight, but not massively better than England I don't think. Ghana had plenty of chances, and they're not the best side, so I see no reason at all why England can't beat them.

Many on here have said England had a bad start and haven't hit their best form yet, not by any stretch of the imagination, but today's game was a step in the right direction, with a much more positive approach and a lot of chances.

Plenty of other teams have had a poor start too, and France are out, so we weren't the only ones to struggle out of the starting blocks.

If we have a good game and play to anything like our potential, we could beat Germany, and you all know that full well. We might not, given our start, but they haven't got a perfect record either don't forget, so it's all to play for.

The media may hype it up plenty, but there is nothing wrong with the fans having some belief in their team. I'd say that's pretty natural. We have plenty believe in, as we do have a good squad, and the potential to do well. Plenty of teams have done shit in the group stages and gone on to finals or to win even.

I personally don't think England will progress too far. I think we could well beat Germany, but I fancy Argentina to win it, so I don't think we'll get past them if we have to play them, which I believe we would.

At the end of the day though, it's only a game. If all you've got is hating us for being there and having some level of success, and bitching about it, or trying to wind fans up, well, perhaps you should find a new hobby, or a woman
Old 23-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
Were unbeaten and through, that's all that matters here.
So... if, before the WC started, you knew the group and the squad you had available to you, someone offered you going through in 2nd spot, having only scored twice and won one game v slovenia, you'd have been happy, as 'being unbeaten and through is all that matters?'

If you say yes you are a liar! "England expects" and all that media bullshit, you have majory underperformed yet 29minutes into todays game your commentator proclaimed Englands ability to reach the finals, come on to fuck mate! If you manned up and said "yeah we have been really poor, not good enough, going to take a performance to bear the germans now but i'm going to keep faith and cross my fingers" then i rekon there would be alot less anemosity from the scots/welsh/irish!... However it seems like very few English people can take the step back and be realistic!

There's a difference between over reaction and celebrating going through. Do you honestly not expect people not to be happy with the result today?
Of course given the state of the performances in the first 2 games, there must be a huge sense of relief after todays win, however harking back to the above ^^, why can't it be taken as a small step to the eventual goal(excuse the pun)? Instead of the assumption of being named world champions in a few weeks?
Old 23-06-2010, 10:26 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when was the last time tiger woods won a tourny?
Old 23-06-2010, 10:28 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

TBH NO team in the WC have yet proved themselves, but this topic has proved that thats Scots and Weksh (like tonight) have been all too keen to take the piss although they haven't even qualified. And before everyone jumps on the England are playing shite bandwagon etc, yes we are, but at least we are through....Just.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:29 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

So... if, before the WC started, you knew the group and the squad you had available to you, someone offered you going through in 2nd spot, having only scored twice and won one game v slovenia, you'd have been happy, as 'being unbeaten and through is all that matters?'

If you say yes you are a liar! "England expects" and all that media bullshit, you have majory underperformed yet 29minutes into todays game your commentator proclaimed Englands ability to reach the finals, come on to fuck mate! If you manned up and said "yeah we have been really poor, not good enough, going to take a performance to bear the germans now but i'm going to keep faith and cross my fingers" then i rekon there would be alot less anemosity from the scots/welsh/irish!... However it seems like very few English people can take the step back and be realistic!

Of course given the state of the performances in the first 2 games, there must be a huge sense of relief after todays win, however harking back to the above ^^, why can't it be taken as a small step to the eventual goal(excuse the pun)? Instead of the assumption of being named world champions in a few weeks?
Thats exactly what it is to all us sane folk.

But i expect nobody gets drunk and over excited in scotland and says dumbass things to tv cameras and the press only report facts.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:29 PM
1982mof

and before the germany game.......
Old 23-06-2010, 10:31 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

and before the germany game.......

and woods?
Old 23-06-2010, 10:33 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Regardless of our performances in the group stage; we are through to the last 16.

Before the World Cup we were considered as possible contenders, and that hasn't changed. Has half our sqaud disappeared? No, it hasn't. We're still in it, we still have those players, and we still have the potential to win.

We, and many others, had a shakey start, but we're still there. I haven't heard any media coverage say that we're going to win; just that we have a chance to. And we do have a chance. Clearly not as good a chance as Argentina, Portugal and Spain, but we do have a chance.

We had the potential to reach the final before the tournament started, and we still have it now.

The media hype is a bit silly at times, and England fans have very high expectations. Looking at our Fifa rankings, we have every right to expect a lot, especially given the league our players come from, and the talent we have at our disposal. It was undoubtedly a disappointing start, no one here has denied that.

That just seems like picking holes for picking hole's sake
Old 23-06-2010, 10:37 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No disrespect mate but I can't be arsed any more. Just too happy, I'm off, enjoy talking about us.

Last edited by skeg; 23-06-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats Skegs way of agreeing with you.
Old 23-06-2010, 10:44 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't think there are many (if any) England fans that can say they are happy with the way England have played so far but the fact of the matter is we are in South Africa and through to the next stage and the Scots are not and i think there are a lot of sour grapes being rolled around. We can now wipe the slate of the previous performances and concentrate on the games ahead.

There, that was an English person (not to mention an English person who is not that much of a footy fan) taking a step back and being realistic just for Coldo.
Old 24-06-2010, 06:52 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

By far the best we have performed. Same old record from the jocks though

Love to stick the boot in when we play shit ala the 1st 2 games which is fine

Shame you cant applaud us on our win.

USA are through as well. 2 draws and one 1 -0 win, same as us, but i bet you love the fact they are through.

You bitter bitter bunch of people

Which channel is showing the England - Germany game and at what time? Couldnt see any world cup game listed on Sunday on the sky tv guide?

Last edited by CossieRich; 24-06-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 24-06-2010, 07:49 AM
JokerDisco
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich
By far the best we have performed. Same old record from the jocks though

Love to stick the boot in when we play shit ala the 1st 2 games which is fine

Shame you cant applaud us on our win.

USA are through as well. 2 draws and one 1 -0 win, same as us, but i bet you love the fact they are through.

You bitter bitter bunch of people

Which channel is showing the England - Germany game and at what time? Couldnt see any world cup game listed on Sunday on the sky tv guide?
It will be either BBC or ITV as they have broadcasting rights for all England games.
Old 24-06-2010, 08:09 AM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gaz s1
WTF you are 1-0 up with a few mins to play and you hold the ball up in the oppositions half by the corner flag, thats called being PROFFESIONAL and i bet you cant find any world footballer who would not have done the same
That is also true we were 1-0 up but i don't class been in the corner pissing about as professional i would rather they had of had the confidence to get in amongst it trying to get a late second goal. There was plenty of chances for the second third goal including the one disallowed hopefully they will either up there game or the commentators would shut the fuck up about how much greater we are than the team were playing

Keeping the ball in the corner is a good legitimate way of wasting time neat the end of the game. If its good enough for Brazil when 3-1 up v Ivory coast, then its good enough for us. Hell, they were even rolling around and diving up at their corner flag (which lead to the Kaka incident).
well Brazil been 3-1 up and pissing about just shows what a bunch of fannies they are and shouldn't be in the cup if they don't have the confidence to play the game to there full potential with a 2 goal lead till the final whistle
Old 24-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Moonstone Steve
Is it me or are the two annoying things about this world cup are listening to the bitter fucking scottish and then the betting adverts on itv, quite honestly both could fuck right off and make it a better experiance for all

Rant over

Steve
You're half right... I don't mind the betting ads.

I'd go for moaning Scottish and vuvuzelas!
Old 24-06-2010, 09:49 AM
JokerDisco
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by turbochild
That is also true we were 1-0 up but i don't class been in the corner pissing about as professional i would rather they had of had the confidence to get in amongst it trying to get a late second goal. There was plenty of chances for the second third goal including the one disallowed hopefully they will either up there game or the commentators would shut the fuck up about how much greater we are than the team were playing
Theres no pleasing some people, if we had have gone for that late goal and Slovenia ended up scoring you'd have moaned that we should have settled for 1-0.

Christ some people would go and buy a problem if they didnt have one.
Old 24-06-2010, 10:11 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have a feeling the next game is the BBC. I might be wrong though.

I bloody hope it is, I hate the ITV coverage, it's shit. Fed up of all the ad breaks they cram into half time and the stupid title music and shit. And that Adrian Chiles is a cock end