General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO Porkie

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default FAO Porkie

How was Anfield yesterday?

Gerrard waving bye bye's

You should get tickets for Wednesday's game at Middle Eastlands
Should be a thriller, but prob end up a dullard
Old 03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUUUGE game Weds.... I have tickets to Cheryl Cole and black eyed peas at the 02.... but thats a MASSIVE game and I have few clients that are spurs fans.... so dont know which one to do now.

If man city win that... football will NEVER be the same again!

They will get Gerrard, Torres etc etc etc !!!!! They will spend HUGE and because of Champions league footy... they will GET WHO THEY WANT!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gerrard > Madrid = Done
Torres > City = If we get CPL

Big rumours that Tevez will go to either Milan or Madrid if we dont get CPL.
Alot of talk of Ibrahamovich (sp) to us in the summer.
Aguero for around £40m - Dont know much about him TBH.

Santa Cruz to Newcastle?

Either way I think we will be spending big, I would love to see Sneijder at City, awesome awesome player, and I think him alone could make a huge difference, just need tweaks around the edges then than wholesale changes.

Whilst I am excited about Wednesday, there is a little bit of poo that is wanting to show its face
Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

if city win... Man United and chelsea are in trouble.

The spending power is frightening
Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 PM
focusrrx87
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

chelsea spent silly money man u have won more sliver ware since then, 4 prem leagues 3 carlin cups 1 champion league there's a pedigree and quality than runs through man united that no amount of money can buy. Chelsea tried it they've had success don't get me wrong but we've still been the more dominate team over the last 6/7 year's since their take over. City wont change a thing.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:49 PM
focusrrx87

should i add in my opinion lol
Old 03-05-2010, 10:24 PM
TONY C
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Now we're out of the running for 4th i so want spurs to get it, and I can't stand that fat twat Rednap.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by focusrrx87
chelsea spent silly money man u have won more sliver ware since then, 4 prem leagues 3 carlin cups 1 champion league there's a pedigree and quality than runs through man united that no amount of money can buy. Chelsea tried it they've had success don't get me wrong but we've still been the more dominate team over the last 6/7 year's since their take over. City wont change a thing.
what a stupid comment. Since chelsea had LOADS of money they have been man uniteds biggest rivals every year in the league and they even played a champions league final against each other... Before they had Money we were NOWHERE!

City have MORE money at their disposal... Much more!

The only thing holding them back is that they are not a TOP European team that gives it players the experience and more importantly the exposure of playing in the champions league.

If they come fourth this year... Football will never be the same again!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:09 PM
focusrrx87

your missing the point mate, yes they became our biggest rival but we've over come that 3 titles in row before chelsea it was arsenal we'll always have a rival and in the long run we've come out on top if city are next bring it on. maybe if you read it again mate your'll see i said they've had success. Lol
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Porkie
All those Essex and Scot' Macn's won't know what to do. They'll have to switch teams, seeing as they're in it for the glory.

Benni.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

your missing the point mate, yes they became our biggest rival but we've over come that 3 titles in row before chelsea it was arsenal we'll always have a rival and in the long run we've come out on top if city are next bring it on. maybe if you read it again mate your'll see i said they've had success. Lol
ok. But do you not understand my point? That man city will be your rival? and a genuine superclub? That's the difference!

Jeeeeeesus....

p.s go to old trafford much?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

what a stupid comment. Since chelsea had LOADS of money they have been man uniteds biggest rivals every year in the league and they even played a champions league final against each other... Before they had Money we were NOWHERE!

City have MORE money at their disposal... Much more!

The only thing holding them back is that they are not a TOP European team that gives it players the experience and more importantly the exposure of playing in the champions league.

Agree with the second point not with the first.

Money doesn't equal success and Chelsea were the first team with massive financial muscle but still didn't win anything until under Mourinho who got rid of all the SHIT and bought players like Essien, Ballack, Drogba and Carvalho. That's what City need to do: get rid of all the rubbish and no hopers and build a proper team around a solid manager. Chopping and changing of managers for success is never a good recipe for success. Lescott...£30M ??????
Old 03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Benni
All those Essex and Scot' Macn's won't know what to do. They'll have to switch teams, seeing as they're in it for the glory.

Benni.
don't forget the Kent reds!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by pani_k
Agree with the second point not with the first.

Money doesn't equal success and Chelsea were the first team with massive financial muscle but still didn't win anything until under Mourinho who got rid of all the SHIT and bought players like Essien, Ballack, Drogba and Carvalho. That's what City need to do: get rid of all the rubbish and no hopers and build a proper team around a solid manager. Chopping and changing of managers for success is never a good recipe for success. Lescott...£30M ??????
roman bought Chelsea in 2004. We won league in 2005 And 2006. Of course money equals success mate
Old 03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

roman bought Chelsea in 2004. We won league in 2005 And 2006. Of course money equals success mate
The team Mourinho built with know how, expertise, managerial quality and just his general awesomeness

That's what I mean about building a solid team around a solid manager. Isn't the case of buying players and sticking them together. Madrid doing well this season I see.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

i'm a spurs fan (long suffering) and the game against city is huge, cant wait for it

if city finish 4th, they will win the league within 2 season IMO
Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 PM
focusrrx87

Lmfao at the comments about bein a man u fan in Kent. And to think my family are originally from manchester. And yes been old traff, cup finals ect. So or next point please. Lmao but yes porkie i see your point.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 AM
ASHCOSSIE

Any one on any man citys players, so they can remind them if they win they r jobless lol
Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 AM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I agree if City finish 4th things will change a lot.

If Spuds finish 4th then the chances are they would struggle to replicate it next season...
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Lmfao at the comments about bein a man u fan in Kent. And to think my family are originally from manchester. And yes been old traff, cup finals ect. So or next point please. Lmao but yes porkie i see your point.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by ASHCOSSIE
Any one on any man citys players, so they can remind them if they win they r jobless lol
I thought that!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
i'm a spurs fan (long suffering) and the game against city is huge, cant wait for it

that's hoping a bit much mate, but being in the big 4 at the expense of city (or maybe arsenal the way things have been going )is realisticly possible

Originally Posted by RickDraper
I agree if City finish 4th things will change a lot.

If Spuds finish 4th then the chances are they would struggle to replicate it next season...
as an even longer suffering spurs fan (since 1985) i feel that they have a manager in harry that will keep them comfortably in the hunt for 4th place season after season which, without a big finaicial backer, is probably the best we could ever hope for
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
And then go on to win another 10 in the following 15 years , thats what they have to do to even get close to what that team down the road has achieved. At least its not Liverpools year next year .
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MadRod
And then go on to win another 10 in the following 15 years , thats what they have to do to even get close to what that team down the road has achieved. At least its not Liverpools year next year .
Thing is Rod we have the backing to do that, and an infrastructure being built to secure the clubs fortunes and future for decades to come.

Regarding Chelsea, since Mourinho left, relativly speaking they havnt spent big, Look at the team out there and its still 75% Mourinho players.
United fans are shitting themselves already, knowing they cant out muscle teams in the transfer market like they used to, and the growing debt The 'fans' are now resorting to Liverpool tactics and spouting off about how many trophies they have won, yesterday aint worth shit

It is a proper exciting time to be a City fan, 2 years ago we were in abit of a shit way with Frank the Thai struggling to get cash for the players he had bout, we had no manager as we knew Sven was going, and the future looked very very bleak, now the turnaroud is nothing short of stunning, and just the begining of an awesome chapter.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Dlatch!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should be about the football not the money