General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

100hz TV?!?

Search this Thread

Old 20-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 100hz TV?!?

Just went to a mate house to check out his new 50" 100Hz LCD.

Not impressed, 100Hz looks like everything is in fast forward. I couldn't get used to it at all.

Or is it just me?
Old 20-03-2010, 02:23 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

dunno i don't suffer with it and mine is 200hz, just been playing COD and it's spot on, mine is a "real time" LG one of the newer models and the picture is really sharp and never fuzzy with sports and games , it's not 50" though
Old 20-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I just couldn't get on with it. I guess i'm just too used to good old 60Hz lol

Wasting your TV with COD though, should be playing BFBC2
Old 20-03-2010, 02:38 AM
burnzy
burnzy

i have no idea what games that is i more a GTA4, GT5(when it fucking gets released ) so an old school gamer i got roped into the online cod scene too though

the only thing i'v noticed with the tv is how poor the quality of normal digital channels like dave are, BBC channels are better but nothing like the HD stuff.
Old 20-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah the normal channels did look shite on this thing. he's gett skyHD hooked up next week.

haha its battlefield bad company 2, kicks the shit outta COD online.
Old 20-03-2010, 03:28 AM
burnzy
burnzy

i just can't justify skyhd atm cos i don't really put that much attention into the tv, watch the odd movie very occasionaly but mostly leave dave on in the background and mooch on the comp lol.

Aaahh! i'v heard about that bad company game, is that the one where you can more or less destroy everything in site
Old 20-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was just flicker free at 100hz? God knows, lol.
Old 20-03-2010, 03:57 AM
burnzy
burnzy

well sorta yes benni it's the refresh rate so the higher the number the quicker the refresh of the screen picture, obviously 50hz is quicker than the eye can tell but from what i gather it makes sports like football and new computer games seem steppy, the higher the hz's the quicker action the screen can output without it suffering, like plasma's are mostly a high hz's rating and most lcd's at normal price are still 50hz thats why they used to say plasma's where better quiality but lcd and led are catching up now.

this is what i gathered from when i was looking into buying a new tv anyhow.
Old 20-03-2010, 04:42 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
haha its battlefield bad company 2, kicks the shit outta COD online.

You reckon, Chop? I've got both and enjoy them both in different ways. Battlefield feels more realistic, visual better and more tactical. Mw2 is more running about and frantic action. I like the bigger maps feel in a way but there aren't many or as many game types as Modern warefare. Mw2 definitely has more variation and no fucker ever talks on battlefield, ever. Single player is a lot better on battlefield though for sure.

Sorry for thread hijack.
Old 20-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
You reckon, Chop? I've got both and enjoy them both in different ways. Battlefield feels more realistic, visual better and more tactical. Mw2 is more running about and frantic action. I like the bigger maps feel in a way but there aren't many or as many game types as Modern warefare. Mw2 definitely has more variation and no fucker ever talks on battlefield, ever. Single player is a lot better on battlefield though for sure.

Sorry for thread hijack.
Its the slower pace and more realistic handling of the weapons that makes it better. The trouble with call of duty is you spend most your time sprinting round like an idiot while people shoot at you with weapons that are accurate by the mm up to amile away. This way, the people who are better at the game have a massive advantage. Where as on BFBC2 it is more evenly balanced so you dont have to spend age finding a game you can actually do something in, and enjoy it. Plus, the huge ammount of weapons, tanks, quads, humvees, helicopters and size of the maps just makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable. As you say though, it could do with more game modes as its pretty much capture the flag or rush. They are meant to be adding new ones with future map packs.

I just find that COD is the same as quake3 and unreal tournament. Just a run and gun with small levels and small ammounts of team mates/enemies. Not really anything exciting or new. Just my opinion mind

Originally Posted by Benni
I thought it was just flicker free at 100hz? God knows, lol.
Yeah I think thats it. My eyes have got used to tv flicker, and without it everything looks in fast forward. Almost like its too smooth.
Old 20-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
i just can't justify skyhd atm cos i don't really put that much attention into the tv, watch the odd movie very occasionaly but mostly leave dave on in the background and mooch on the comp lol.

Aaahh! i'v heard about that bad company game, is that the one where you can more or less destroy everything in site
Yeah its a sort of bigger open layout than COD with destrcutable scenery. Its alot more intense as well with a full range of military vehicles to chew up the scenery with!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lnzScc6ZE
Old 20-03-2010, 02:09 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I've not really opened the weapons up yet but really impressed with the sniper riffles. The single shot ones were so slow but still felt more real than the ones on Mw2, when you unlock that semi out one its a joy, the scopes feel and look so much better and clearer. The buildings blowing to bits is another positive of the game, great for when someone's camping, especially when you are in a tank.

Two totally different games as I say and I need more time on it. Love that map with the buildings and rocky sniper hill. New maps says 30/3 the on extras section. I usually play squad deathmatch.
Old 20-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
I've not really opened the weapons up yet but really impressed with the sniper riffles. The single shot ones were so slow but still felt more real than the ones on Mw2, when you unlock that semi out one its a joy, the scopes feel and look so much better and clearer. The buildings blowing to bits is another positive of the game, great for when someone's camping, especially when you are in a tank.

Two totally different games as I say and I need more time on it. Love that map with the buildings and rocky sniper hill. New maps says 30/3 the on extras section. I usually play squad deathmatch.
Ahh its all about the Rush game modes. Attack and defend. That way on the defend you use medic and engineer classes. On the attack its recon and assault. Mixes it up nicely, plus the game can last a good long time so you can really rack up the points!
Old 20-03-2010, 02:55 PM
SWITCHBLADE
Passionate about fords

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Yeah I think thats it. My eyes have got used to tv flicker, and without it everything looks in fast forward. Almost like its too smooth.
Youd be fucked with my tv then bud, its 600hz lol.

Dave.