General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

F*****g MOT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28-01-2010, 05:36 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F*****g MOT!!!

My piece of shit fiesta has just failed its mot on a measily little seat belt for the third time. The mot tester is sum sort of c**t!!

First failed it on nearside not retracting by offside fine. My mate swapped them around and took it for a re test, which the tester still failed it despite it being the off side belt on the nearside which was okay in the first mot, figure that one out! Went down the scrappys and got another one and the pricks failed it again. What a fucking pleb!! Thats my rant over. The tester must have sum sorta god complex!
Old 28-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nah he's just doing his job

we dont fail cars for the sake of it
Old 28-01-2010, 05:41 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you tryed to pull a fast one and got caught more fool you
Old 28-01-2010, 05:47 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rstubby15
My piece of shit fiesta has just failed its mot on a measily little seat belt for the third time. The mot tester is sum sort of c**t!!

First failed it on nearside not retracting by offside fine. My mate swapped them around and took it for a re test, which the tester still failed it despite it being the off side belt on the nearside which was okay in the first mot, figure that one out! Went down the scrappys and got another one and the pricks failed it again. What a fucking pleb!! Thats my rant over. The tester must have sum sorta god complex!

lol, you say you replaced it... did you test it?

if it works they can't fail it..simples.
Old 28-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

jesus christ you swapped them and expect to pass?

a seatbelt could save your life you tube!
Old 28-01-2010, 05:55 PM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wat a cock, that belts there to save yours or your passangers life. Well spoted test man
Old 28-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Harris RST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you would rather your seatbelt not work?

Good on the tester I say. Im a Tester and there is many cowboys around that wouldnt even check them
Old 28-01-2010, 06:01 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha ha.... thread of the year so far this one i reckon !

Your calling the tester a pleb for failing your car because its got a dangerous fault... WTF !

You then fitted another seat belt that was faulty and expected it to pass... again WTF !!!

The MOT is an annual safety check to make sure your car is in a satisfactory condition to be on the road with and your moaning because your car does not meet this criteria and is in a dangerous condition !

Think you should have kept this rant to yourself mate.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:03 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

id have failed u aswell if u had swaped them over and did the scrap yard one work? why not just buy a new one lol seems your the c**t!! he is only doing his job at the end of the day and has a set of rules he must work too!
Old 28-01-2010, 06:03 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

i agree with every one else, wtf?!?
Old 28-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

If he had passed it, and you crashed and went through the windscreen on the way home due to a seatbelt not working, would you still think he was a cunt then ?
Old 28-01-2010, 06:40 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Fiddy
If he had passed it, and you crashed and went through the windscreen on the way home due to a seatbelt not working, would you still think he was a cunt then ?

Dont see how id go through the windscreen with it bein a rear belt. And it aint endangering no one as its a fucking works motor and i dont carry passengers. How can the tester say the offside one is fine and when i put the offside one on the nearside, it now fails when he previously said it was ok..answer me that one people.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:41 PM
thebigmacmoomin
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

He's only doing his job. I would have failed it too, every time. Bet you would blame him if it failed with a passenger using it & something bad happened.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:42 PM
thebigmacmoomin
PassionFord Post Troll

and i dont carry passengers.
So, the tester doesnt know that.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:43 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by thebigmacmoomin
He's only doing his job. I would have failed it too, every time. Bet you would blame him if it failed with a passenger using it & something bad happened.
Theres fuck all wrong with the belt apart from it not retracting properly. It locks fine and everything. Should save your judgements till u know your facts!
Old 28-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Dont see how id go through the windscreen with it bein a rear belt.
Fair enough, but lets say you do have someone in the back for arguments sake, and you stamp on the brakes, the passanger flys forward and crushes you, then whats the deal ?. you may feel the mot tester is a cunt, and could have let it slide and passed the car. but one, he could lose job for doing so, and two, by failing it, could save someones life, not really the actions of a cunt IMHO.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:46 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So, the tester doesnt know that.

So what? even if you told him the vehicle never carrys passengers he still cant pass it because its not meeting the requirements is it
Old 28-01-2010, 06:46 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Theres fuck all wrong with the belt apart from it not retracting properly. It locks fine and everything. Should save your judgements till u know your facts!
If your confident theres 'fuck all wrong with the belt', then put a complaint in to vosa or go to them for a second opinion.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:47 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

is this twat for real lol u can fail if it dosent retract! id guess he see there wasent a new one in there tryed them both again and failed u on any thing he could for being such a chancer
Old 28-01-2010, 06:48 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Fair enough, but lets say you do have someone in the back for arguments sake, and you stamp on the brakes, the passanger flys forward and crushes you, then whats the deal ?. you may feel the mot tester is a cunt, and could have let it slide and passed the car. but one, he could lose job for doing so, and two, by failing it, could save someones life, not really the actions of a cunt IMHO.

I see where your coming from but as said before the belt actually works it just dosent retract fully if unaided, so in my opinion he's being petty
Old 28-01-2010, 06:48 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha, you're a bell end. This is a serious and potentially life threatening fault, well done to the guy for picking that up.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 28-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Blakeya
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Having worked for a Major Motor manufacturer in there safety & restraints developement dept some years ago I can quatify that the fact the seat belt isn't retracting is the sign of the belt spool safety(Locking) mechanism having failed. The ONLY way to fix this si to Replace the whole unit with NEW one from you dealer. By the way, swapping the belts from one side to the other is not going to help you in any way. All Belt spools are designed LH/RH Handed.

Cough up the cash for a new one, Job Done!!
Old 28-01-2010, 06:52 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by ajamesc
is this twat for real lol u can fail if it dosent retract! id guess he see there wasent a new one in there tryed them both again and failed u on any thing he could for being such a chancer

Fucking chancer?! What and your saying that I should just replace even with it bein fine in everything else. I took a chance and it failed. I notice this thread has now decended into a slagging match, so i bid you all farewell. Ha Ha
Old 28-01-2010, 06:56 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Fucking chancer?! What and your saying that I should just replace even with it bein fine in everything else. I took a chance and it failed. I notice this thread has now decended into a slagging match, so i bid you all farewell. Ha Ha
u say your self it dosent retract mate so its a fair fail in my book and if he failed u on one side and u just swoped it over with the other side then in my book that makes u a chancer!
Old 28-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Blakeya

IMHO Mods should make this a sticky!! You are the perfect example of someone who puts peoples lives at risk without the need to do so!! I, as many others on this site have lost friends/family on these dangerous roads.

Please don't be the next person!!
Old 28-01-2010, 06:57 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You tried your luck by swapping them round mate. The MOT tester probably knew this and has then been more strict as you tried to pull a fast one.

As said, if you think he is not doing his job properly, then take it to VOSA for a second opinion. And then hope they dont find anything else that the MOT tester may have missed or let slide. My bet is that they'd find something else to fail it on anyway if its that much of a 'piece of shit fiesta'.

Last edited by S1rst; 28-01-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:57 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

LMAO

Its fine but....

no buts - it isn't fine is it LOL
Old 28-01-2010, 07:01 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Blakeya
IMHO Mods should make this a sticky!! You are the perfect example of someone who puts peoples lives at risk without the need to do so!! I, as many others on this site have lost friends/family on these dangerous roads.

Please don't be the next person!!

Don't make this into something it aint. Its a single seatbelt which no one uses. Your now tarring me with the same brush as drink drivers, people with no insurance etc.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Blakeya

Yep !! It's the potential risk which has to be considered here!! You may, at some point carry a passenger in that seat!! You are responsible for your rear seat passengers!!
Old 28-01-2010, 07:11 PM
white2lsr
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Don't make this into something it aint. Its a single seatbelt which no one uses. Your now tarring me with the same brush as drink drivers, people with no insurance etc.
I thought you were going?
Old 28-01-2010, 07:12 PM
thebigmacmoomin
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by BM08
So what? even if you told him the vehicle never carrys passengers he still cant pass it because its not meeting the requirements is it
Thats what I said with my point, the tester will assume that you do.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:16 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Blakeya
Yep !! It's the potential risk which has to be considered here!! You may, at some point carry a passenger in that seat!! You are responsible for your rear seat passengers!!

Of which i never have. As said before its a works car and my rear seat is covered in my work stuff. I find it a tad rich that im being branded along with people who clearly should not be on the road. My car is of no danger to anyone, it is taxed and insured and driven by a driver with no points whatsoever. And yet i am being reprimanded and classedv a danger to society.........for a seatbelt.....that no one uses. If the british justice system was as harsh as you lot on real criminals the uk would be a better place. lol
Old 28-01-2010, 07:16 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had a jag that had been barn stored and was all musty and the belts were slow retracting if you pulled them out,it failed the mot on this and i knew about it but i wanted to see what else it failed on so i wasn't running around all over.
took the car to my mate who fixed the belts and he oiled the mechanism,he reckoned they do sieze up with lack of use and fair play they were like new.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:18 PM
thebigmacmoomin
PassionFord Post Troll

Yes, its a danger to you, your potential passengers and others.

I notice this thread has now decended into a slagging match, so i bid you all farewell. Ha Ha
Still here ?

Last edited by thebigmacmoomin; 28-01-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:18 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by white2lsr
I thought you were going?
I was.....but now i havent
Old 28-01-2010, 07:19 PM
white2lsr
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

My car is of no danger to anyone, it is taxed and insured has no MOT and is driven by a driver with no points whatsoever.
Corrected for you
Old 28-01-2010, 07:20 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by white2lsr
Corrected for you
very clever
Old 28-01-2010, 07:22 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Yes, its a danger to you, your potential passengers and others.

Still here ?
Yeah glutton for punishment aint i
Old 28-01-2010, 07:32 PM
j6kyt

the mot tester sounds like a good tester to spot the fact that you tried to pull the wool over his eyes good on him id say. You are the fool cuz ur willing to put you potental passangers lives at risk forr the sake if a few quid.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:32 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if its a works motor get a new fucker and send them the bill or fucking give it to them to sort out.

Quick Reply: F*****g MOT!!!