General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

squatter rights info required

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2010, 10:07 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default squatter rights info required

Basically I am a mobile security officer for a major security firm, we have a contract with a company which provides securtiy for vacant properties from single garages to big office blocks, but mainly vacant pubs and houses.
when the owners of the properties want there premises secured the company we are contracted by attend and fit sitex metal sheeting over the windows and doors, they fit one steel access door with 2 locks and a battery powered alarm system , a pir wireless detector in each room etc, the alarms are intelligent they automatically dial our PDAs and tell us the exact detectors that have activated so a pretty good system.

basically last week I had multible activations at a house, i got there and the squatters immediatly shouted some crap about "under section 6 of the law we are usingt these premises as a squat" and some ofther shite, basically police said there is nothing they or we could do as they did not cause no damage gaining entry, but had removed all the alarm detectors and put them somewhere safe. o i haed to leave them inside.

then thursday night i got called to another house, we were not 100% wether anyone was in there or not so i crept to the door and very quietly unlocked it so i did not disturb any potential intuders/squatters, they had slid the shackle lock across the inside so i forcefully yanked the door open and got my feet through the door so i was within the threshold, then 3 squatters appeared, i basically told them as i was over the threshold and they had not made me aware they were inside that i had right to just enter as i would under a bormal false alarm activation wether they had locked door inside or not. to cut a long story short i was a right cunt to them and got all 3 out.

the thing is i know that if they damage anything whilst gainign entry then they can be removed and arrested for criminal damage and if i can get my foot over threshold they have to give up and leave, those are the facts i work from but does anyone know any other loop holes i can use when this happens in the future. I would have thought them entering a premises with an electronic security system would be illegal as the premises was not left insecure.

sorry if thats a bit long winded but i need to get some facts and loopholes which wont see me getting in the shit with the law, i would happily rip door down and drag them out but cant wiithout a court order.

I had a similar one last april when app 150 protestors turned up and tried making us stop but that time they bent the sitex shuttering and broke the window inside so police had them for criminal damage, it made it on to the news and the squatters own web site

this was there headline, http://bristol.indymedia.org.uk/arti...=MISCELLANEOUS (read the comment links at the bottom, quite amusing) but was later proven we were not illegaly evicting as they were being arrested for breaking and entering and criminal damafge
Old 18-01-2010, 10:11 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The law needs changing asap, sqatters should just be burnt
Old 18-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Serious question, Why dont you just turn up, break a window, then call the police to have them arrested?
Old 18-01-2010, 10:15 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

what made me laugh is they said they are not breaking the law in any way if they dont damage the sheeting etc, fair enough but by them entering thus setting off alarm and me as keyholder attending means a charge is sent to the landlord for my services, meaning they are costing the landlords money against there will , isnt that a form of theft lol
Old 18-01-2010, 10:17 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by Chip
Serious question, Why dont you just turn up, break a window, then call the police to have them arrested?
sitex steel sheeting over the windows, they remove a piece then one of there friend who is not living in the squat puts it back up when thjey are in, basically they are barracading themselves inside
Old 18-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by mozzy
sitex steel sheeting over the windows, they remove a piece then one of there friend who is not living in the squat puts it back up when thjey are in, basically they are barracading themselves inside
Sorry, was just using window as a generic example.

I just mean why dont you cause visible criminal damage one night, then call the police the next.

If they are going to pretend they havent broken the law when clearly they have, just play them at thier own game I mean

Last edited by Chip; 18-01-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:21 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Be a shame for it to catch fire when all the windows are blocked, and the door secure
Old 18-01-2010, 10:22 AM
T3ORA
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

, it made it on to the news and the squatters own web site
wot the fuck

they have there own web site

paintball gun job done
Old 18-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Chip

The landlords would of course be better off having their property secured by Camelot with live in guardians who pay to be there, that way its cheaper and totally impossible to claim squatters rights and every single squatter would be guilty of trespass at the minimum.

Last edited by Chip; 18-01-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:24 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

What do Camelot do chip? Apart from the lottery?
Old 18-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by T3ORA
wot the fuck

they have there own web site

paintball gun job done
Squatters actually think they are doing the world a favour.

They claim that by squatting they are removing the need for social services to house them, so they are helping the economy and the country.

It seems to not occur to them that if they had a wash and got a fucking job, they would also not require social services to house them
Old 18-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
What do Camelot do chip? Apart from the lottery?
They play the legal game too, but for the landlord.

They put a live in guardian in the property, which costs very little as they charge the guardian to live there.

We did it at an old abandoned factory.

We converted the old humand resources building (which had running water, electricity, toilets, double glazing, carpets etc) into a bungalow to live in, then the old factory (5 acres of it!) became our "garage/workshop" area, which meant the whole site was inhabited.

If a squatter moves in anywhere on the entire site, they cant claim section 6, as its an occupied property, and the police can throw them out instantly

http://uk.cameloteurope.com/

Last edited by Chip; 18-01-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:32 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Good info there chip, I bet not a lit of landlords know about that.. How common is sqatting? I imagine it's a big problem in places like Bristol, Birmingham and London etc?
Old 18-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Chip

Good info there chip, I bet not a lit of landlords know about that.. How common is sqatting? I imagine it's a big problem in places like Bristol, Birmingham and London etc?
I dont have statistics, but I know from a mate who is a copper in the town we did it in (small town called bridgwater in somerset) there are always a minimum of a few buildings being openly used as a squat at any point in time and if the police or private security finally move them on after getting a court order or whatever, they just go somewhere else and do the same.

Last edited by Chip; 18-01-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:38 AM
anodised

Basically I am a mobile security officer for a major security firm,
alright mate what firm is it you work for
Old 18-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Can't u just start pouring petrol through the letterbox? and threaten to light it?
Old 18-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by anodised
alright mate what firm is it you work for
Reliance security

If you are looking for work with them, try here:
http://www.reliancesecurity.co.uk/careers/
Old 18-01-2010, 11:35 AM
anodised

i already work for chubb response

i was thinking could you not ask ur boss to ask there legal team to look in to this for you
Old 18-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

The law needs changing asap, sqatters should just be burnt
Seems fair enough,

a ........ ......... had an issue, was fixing up a house to retire to, when had some issues at work so had left it for a few months, then went back to carry on doing some work, to find some scummy fucks living there! Claiming rights etc.

long story short, didnt bother with the police, gave them a early Am wake up call, and politely asked them to leave.
Old 18-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Chip

Can you not pretend to be a squatter too and move in with them?
Then you could leave bars of soap in there, and leaflets from the job centre about getting work, they'd soon decide the place was no longer fit for habitation
Old 18-01-2010, 02:15 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Can you not pretend to be a squatter too and move in with them?
I've always thought that would be the best thing to do - I'd hire a few big mates and get them to move in too. Surely a squatter can't legally refuse to allow another squatter to move in?
Old 18-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I've always thought that would be the best thing to do - I'd hire a few big mates and get them to move in too. Surely a squatter can't legally refuse to allow another squatter to move in?
I dont see how they can, squatters rights arent the same as ownership.

So I would have thought if the house owner chooses to remove the security, and then some REALLY unpleasant acting people (who the squatters wouldnt want to share with) happen to move in too, there is fuck all they can do about it?
Old 18-01-2010, 04:22 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by anodised
i already work for chubb response

i was thinking could you not ask ur boss to ask there legal team to look in to this for you
i applied to chubb a few years back but they were on Ł7.00 per in bristol, i was on Ł8.90 at the time working for G4S so stayed put, then decided i would move to reliance as a sipervisor.

chip, tresspass is still only civil law tough.

also to the guy who mentioned the legal department, have asked that already but there not the quickest and at the rate this keeps happening i want to get myself clued up properly now
Old 18-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Chip

chip, tresspass is still only civil law tough.
Agreed. but they will first be arrested on suspicision of burglary, so gets them out of the way instantly!
Old 18-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

surely thats criminal damage. I presume you use security fasterners so theyll be fitting new fasteners. Criminal damage has been done by gaining entry. doesnt matter if they later repair said damage. Surely they cant prove how they got access without breaking in?

The law is an ass in situations like this. It should be the onus on the squaters to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they lawfully gained access, not the other way round.

Do they seriously expect anyone to believe a secured property the door just fell open???

Its not soo bad that the property is actually vacant but some of these scum will actually break into second homes or first homes of people who work away 6 months of year etc and claim squatters rights.
Old 18-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Chip

Warren, I guess they just say they found it like that, and someone else must have unsecured it, or a security guard carelessly left it unlocked etc.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that!
Old 18-01-2010, 04:32 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gyppos moved into the factory across the road from our yard. they drilled the rivets off the tin roof, climbed down inside and opened the side door fire escape and then let themselves in. unfortunatly there was no lock on the roller shutter doors (as there rarely is, just a bolt holding the chain in the stay, and they moved their caravans inside!

the police did feck all. it cost the owner Ł1800 cash paid directly to the head pikey for them to move on. the police sent a letter of apology a week or so later

what a joke.

as said above mozzy, you should get inside, batter the shit out of them and then call the police saying you've aprehended some intruders, they were brandishing weapons etc etc, self defence blah....
Old 18-01-2010, 04:35 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

fucking dirty shitface hippys,drag em all out and throw em in nearest lake with a bar of soap.
Old 18-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

its gone too far now where the word of a pikey/squater/scum/criminal actually has more weight than the word of an ordinary citizen.

Surely each persons word should have equal standing?

There is NO place in this country for squatters rights.

Its one of the reasons i wasnt bothered about buying a place in the navy. last thing you want is to come back after an 8 month deployment to find pikey cunts/squatters living in your house and everything valuable will have gone missing and basically your homeless for months until the legal system catches up. oh and when you put your key in door or break in and enter your house and refuse to leave then YOU have committed a crime when its your fucking home! Pathetic! There were quite a few stories like that going round in forces, sure probably only happened once ot twice but knowing my luck
Old 18-01-2010, 06:35 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It'd be a very brave squatter to nick your stuff warren
Old 18-01-2010, 06:38 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

grab a few of the dog shit bins and empty them into the house where they sleep.
Old 19-01-2010, 08:21 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

I dont have statistics, but I know from a mate who is a copper in the town we did it in (small town called bridgwater in somerset) there are always a minimum of a few buildings being openly used as a squat at any point in time and if the police or private security finally move them on after getting a court order or whatever, they just go somewhere else and do the same.

haha Bridgwater was another place I have been having problems with, do you know the block of maisonettes next to mecca Bingo in the town centre, been boarded up and empty a while now, they claimed squatters rights there, and I happened to be passing one night (it is a site we do 3 inspections per week on) and a board was off one of the doors and 4 of the squatters were outside chatting to a pcso, I was luckily in a hire car that night so unmarked, i parked up the road, walked towards them as if i was a passing pedestrian and as soon as i walked by the door i just stepped in and explained to them that as i was acting on behalf of the landlords and i was now over the threshold they had no choice but to leave, on that occasion i even refused to let them in to get there belongings cause i was in a shitty mood. the following night the building was torched, it still standing but now in a state i doubt even squatters would accept lol.

Warren, I explained that top the police that removing the shuttering should be illegal and as we had made all efforts to make the building as secure as possible means that the only way they have got in is via forced entry but they always say they found it like it and then I dont have a leg to stand on which fucks me off. avon and somerset police luckily have some officers with major anger issues and will happily be bollocked for wrongful arrest just so they get the oppertunity to bash a door down lol.

still though the i am sure there has to be some way i can have them arrested for physically splitting the casing on the pir detectors and unscrewing them from the walls. I alaways know as soon as the job comes in if there is intrusion or not as the pir's will send intruder signals as soon as someone moves in front of themor tamper signal if they are moved and masked signal if they are covered over. so if i get a intruder signal immeadiatly followed by tamper or masked i now know to be quiet and crrep up to the door, unlock it as quietly as poss then with one majorlly forcefull tug open to bust the internal shackle and i am in, if i do it like this and can get they have not put up the section 6 notice anywhere then i can legally remover them but if they shout section 6 squatters rights or clearly have a notice stating they are there then i am fucked. unless i get a angry copper then they will happily bust the door down and nick them lol
Old 19-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Chip

haha Bridgwater was another place I have been having problems with, do you know the block of maisonettes next to mecca Bingo in the town centre, been boarded up and empty a while now, they claimed squatters rights there, and I happened to be passing one night (it is a site we do 3 inspections per week on) and a board was off one of the doors and 4 of the squatters were outside chatting to a pcso, I was luckily in a hire car that night so unmarked, i parked up the road, walked towards them as if i was a passing pedestrian and as soon as i walked by the door i just stepped in and explained to them that as i was acting on behalf of the landlords and i was now over the threshold they had no choice but to leave, on that occasion i even refused to let them in to get there belongings cause i was in a shitty mood. the following night the building was torched, it still standing but now in a state i doubt even squatters would accept lol.
LOL, I know exactly where you mean, opposite palace.

Prime location that, bet the squatters couldnt beleive their luck finding it, although it sounds like that changed when you arrived

Warren, I explained that top the police that removing the shuttering should be illegal and as we had made all efforts to make the building as secure as possible means that the only way they have got in is via forced entry but they always say they found it like it and then I dont have a leg to stand on which fucks me off. avon and somerset police luckily have some officers with major anger issues and will happily be bollocked for wrongful arrest just so they get the oppertunity to bash a door down lol.
LMAO @ that, ive got a mate who's in A&S old bill and she is (allegedly) pretty much like that if she knows she is dealing with scum anyway

still though the i am sure there has to be some way i can have them arrested for physically splitting the casing on the pir detectors and unscrewing them from the walls. I alaways know as soon as the job comes in if there is intrusion or not as the pir's will send intruder signals as soon as someone moves in front of themor tamper signal if they are moved and masked signal if they are covered over. so if i get a intruder signal immeadiatly followed by tamper or masked i now know to be quiet and crrep up to the door, unlock it as quietly as poss then with one majorlly forcefull tug open to bust the internal shackle and i am in, if i do it like this and can get they have not put up the section 6 notice anywhere then i can legally remover them but if they shout section 6 squatters rights or clearly have a notice stating they are there then i am fucked. unless i get a angry copper then they will happily bust the door down and nick them lol
Can you not do what they do?
Go in, deface the section 6 notice till its unreadable and say "must have been vandals, I found it like that"
Old 19-01-2010, 08:31 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

LOL, I know exactly where you mean, opposite palace.

Prime location that, bet the squatters couldnt beleive their luck finding it, although it sounds like that changed when you arrived

LMAO @ that, ive got a mate who's in A&S old bill and she is (allegedly) pretty much like that if she knows she is dealing with scum anyway

Go in, deface the section 6 notice till its unreadable and say "must have been vandals, I found it like that"

i enjoying bating them, the one a few weeks back where i could not get them out well me and a colleague got revenge by pelting loads of snow balls through a broken window into the living room lmao and hitting them lol
Old 19-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Chip

i enjoying bating them, the one a few weeks back where i could not get them out well me and a colleague got revenge by pelting loads of snow balls through a broken window into the living room lmao and hitting them lol
Did they start writing on a website about being harrassed by the brutal and evil forces of the establishment?

Should have put rocks in the snowballs.
Old 19-01-2010, 08:48 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Did they start writing on a website about being harrassed by the brutal and evil forces of the establishment?

Should have put rocks in the snowballs.

no I have been checking there site but nothing has appeared yet, it is good fun though i do enjoy my job
Old 19-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Turbo Pez

I like the sound of this job, mite have a look see if they need any in my area....what is you position called? is it a Mobile Response Officer?
Old 19-01-2010, 03:09 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by Turbo Pez
I like the sound of this job, mite have a look see if they need any in my area....what is you position called? is it a Mobile Response Officer?

y7es. thhe squatter part wont be advertised in the job though as it is not anticipated by the company as our job but our job is to have any intruders arrested and removed
Old 19-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

or pour in petrol or throw in a gas cannister so they all evacuate and say "must have been vandals, i found it like that"

should be able to just go in with a bit of 2 by 4 and persuade them to leave!
Old 19-01-2010, 08:31 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Got a link to there site?

Quick Reply: squatter rights info required