General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

on the warpath

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:02 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default on the warpath

Gutted, was in the process of selling my ST170 to buy an escos and because of the below have been delayed so much that the cos i was after has now been sold.
Basically I used to have a citroen c4 vts which i was a twat and never bothered doing a HPI check , I had the car app 1 year then decided I wanted another ST170 so swapped via pistonheads with a woman that lives locally to me, she gave the c4 to her 18 year old son as it was the 2.0 hdi model vts so cheapish to insure. Then on the 17 of last month she called to say a guy was there to reposses the c4 as there was £3200 outstanding finance, they were not letting up and took the car, gave us two weeks to get the money. so the lady that had the c4 insisted on having my st170 back until the c4 was returned as naturally she accused me as I supplied the vehicle to her and as she had recently spent £2000 on a new turbo, particle filter and some electrical problems to be sorted. Her 18 year old mouthy prick of a son rang me and said he is coming to my house and was gonna slit the throat of whoever answered the door so i just laughed at him and said i will pretend i never heard him as i could understand there anger. she came and collected the focus, i insisted on seeing her insurance to prove she was covered to drive my focus.
I then went to the previous owner of the citroen and got a bit heavy handed and luckily got the £3200 to pay the finance off, I was over the moon so I called the lady who had the st170 and asked her to meet me at the finance companys storeage compound so we could exchange vehicles back. I noticed when she drove in the bonnet looked like it was not shut properly, she shot passed me and parked close to a wall, WHY, cause she lent it to her sons friend and he had crashed it her son got out of the car and said nothing, i looked and found

1 bonnet fucked
2 bumper split in about 4 places
3 lower grill missing
4 upper grill totally fucked
5 both headlights loose where brackets all smashed off

I asked what had happened and she said "i know a man who will fix it for pennies" I explained that it went to her mint and if it is repaired it will be done properly through her insurance which is when she said her sons mate did it and he is 3rd party only, I hit the roof but told her I will get some repair quotes and get back to her.
I drove home mahorly pissed off, opened my post and found a Notic of intended prosecution for Dangerous driving prior to an accident and leaving the scene of an accident on the 27/11/09 , I seen red and drove straight to her house where her son came out I showed him the NIP and he said that its my problem now and laughed i flipped and put a nice solid punch on the end of his nose, he went down like a sack of shit and laid on the tarmac crying like a little girl, his Dad then came out and started ranting i trying ti swing so I lumped him as well then went home. I immediatly called the police and told them what i had done, 2 officers came straight to my house, I explained what had happened. they immediatly contacted there collisions unit and gace the name of the woman who I had the car and told me not to worry about the violence as the father and son are both under investigation and they will not call the police as they no they will lose. I was cheered up by this. the police did some checks and came back as the sons friend is 15 years old. turns out the father is a drug dealer and the son is the drug runner. I have sought solicitor advice about trying to recoup the costs of repairs but have decided what it will cost me i will be better of just finding someone breaking black st170 and repairing it myself, not ideal but I have a £500 excess on my insurance so am not using that.
so pissed off about it and cant help thinking about some form of revenge but not sure if i will be wasting my time, just bite the bullet, cut my losses fix car and get on with life, the other thing is although I can physically handle myself, if these idiots are involved in drug dealing etc then they will surely have access to crack heads that buy from them they will prob give free drugs to terrorise me and i dont want that on my families door step.

so pissed off. will post some pics later
Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Bloody hell, what a story.

You done the decent thing and got screwed

I would of told them to fuck off, they should of hpi'd the car

Steve
Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

in future i wont be so nice, i am just glad he never set the airbags off or damaged the front panel
Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

At least the old bill was on your side, makes a pleasent change

Steve
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

they should of HPI,d the car. you had no legal obligation to do anything.

You must be mad mate, I would have told them to tell someone that cares.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Christ that's a tale and a half! Hope you get it sorted, sounds like a proper nightmare!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

there is no way on earth i would have given them my car, yes you should have HPId it, but then again, so should they!!!
you're too nice lad. i'd of punched the cunt for even asking for the st170!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i read half of that and came to the conclusion i should sell the film rights to guy ritchie
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

go back round asap and kick the shit out of all of them while your still "allowed"
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You are plain crazy for giving them your ST! They should've hpi'd the car! Now you have an accident damaged car for fuck all.

Not good
Old 06-12-2009, 10:38 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bloody hell mate,hope this gets sorted for ya,you did the right thing twatting them both t.b.h
Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by fraser9764
there is no way on earth i would have given them my car, yes you should have HPId it, but then again, so should they!!!
you're too nice lad. i'd of punched the cunt for even asking for the st170!
ditto, you were mad to give them back your car!!
you didn't owe the money to the finance company so it wasn't your responsibility
hope you get sorted out ok

steve
Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cozzfather
i read half of that and came to the conclusion i should sell the film rights to guy ritchie

steve
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

some story that
i for one would not have given them the st back
now look whats happened
hope things get sorted mate
Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

i know, the issue was at first i was panicking as she had lost her car, which i supplied and assured her it was finance free etc and i felt that it was my fault all i kept thinking was i hope the previous owner is still about as it was over a year ago now but luckily ihe haf not moved or nothing,
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM
utternutter
BANNED
BANNED

thats a hell of a story but atleast you have the satisfaction that you decked the twats
Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Im still amazed you got the money out of the previous owner

Steve
Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

the cash to pay off the finance should have went to repair your car.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by cossie4i
Im still amazed you got the money out of the previous owner

Steve

that was the biggest shocker for me to, I just turned up on his door step, he kept saying he did not owe nothing then i put him on the phone to the finance company, a few words were exchanged , he said he cant get money i got ratty and slammed him into wall then he backed down, called his mum ttold her what was happening and she gave in and lent him the money. very wise move.

I am just gutted about my car as I was off work sick for a few weeks so a bit skint at the moment so am gonna have to get 2nd hand parts the main concern is the mot is due on the 3rd of january so will at least need a pair of headlights as even though they look fine each light is only held by one screw and some duck tape temporarily which is how is was returned to me.
in future though the lesson is learned I will be HPI checking every car I buy
Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by BigChuck
the cash to pay off the finance should have went to repair your car.

I know, problem was I got to the finance companys premises about an hour before the twats in my car, i went in and paid, then spent 40 mins getting the c4 vts to start as the battery was dead and starter was sticking. I am starting to think I should have just took the citroen and told them to keep the focus as the citroen is worth a bit more, 2005 citroen c4 vts 2.0 hdi 138 bhp. remapped to 169 bhp, fully loaded, panoramic roof even had the original reciept of sale ffrom a company in birmingham, was £22,400 with all the gadgets etc etc etc against a base spec 2003 focus st170 then held the citroen until the focus is repaired.

Last edited by mozzy; 06-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

you should have hpi checked it before telling them there was no finance owing on it ,they should have hpied it as well and i would have kept the c4 until the st had been repaired,also if they are drug dealers i would not have gone throwing my weight around as these type of poeple dont let it drop when they can get there skag heads to do anything for a £10 bag
Old 06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Go round, take your C2 back, and forget about the whole experience!

you must of been NUTS to accept the focus back damaged, NUTS to even give them it back to run about in while they didnt have the C2....
Old 06-12-2009, 03:13 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by cossiejay
you should have hpi checked it before telling them there was no finance owing on it ,they should have hpied it as well and i would have kept the c4 until the st had been repaired,also if they are drug dealers i would not have gone throwing my weight around as these type of poeple dont let it drop when they can get there skag heads to do anything for a £10 bag

they are not drug takers, just dealers so i am told, and sorry but I am not gonna let people walk over me just because they say illegal substances, we all know some nasty fuckers and I am know exception but thats not the point, I will NOT be pushed around by these people, anmd they both went down easily but I am alsoi told they dont like trouble as naturally they wanna keep a low profile but as i said some of their customers might be willing to cause some crap but i am not going to run from anyone I will keep on living my life as i always have, if anything happens i will deal and worry about it then, i understood their frustration over the situation as they did mine. at first.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

thertes a thread on here telling that a car cant be repossesed from the new owner if it has outstanding finance. the finance company has to chase the original owner for the debt.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:21 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Go round, take your C2 back, and forget about the whole experience!

you must of been NUTS to accept the focus back damaged, NUTS to even give them it back to run about in while they didnt have the C2....

it was a c4 bud, they had made a mess of that to mind, a week after i sold to them they blew the turbo, then the particle filter, lost all the towing eye covers, curbed all 4 wheels, covered in mud inside, drivers mwindow out of runners 9 faults showing when the check button is pressed. they had killed. even still its all minor stuff a day would put right i guess
Old 06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Mozzy they sould like a bunch of fucking pikeys, and as with pikeys the best thing may just be to avoid them and try to have nothing to do with them again. There's no point getting into a feud with a bunch of pikeys who have nothing to lose themselves.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM
tonytantrum
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i recentley spent a whole saturday mourning trying to find an st170 in s salvage yard! good luck! couldnt find one at all! all the breakers say there as rare as rocking horse shit! brought my headlamps from ford for £150.
i would take it as a lesson lernt.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

are st headlights different from more basic focus headlights?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
tonytantrum

Originally Posted by fuzzy
are st headlights different from more basic focus headlights?
yes! i have a 1.6 3 door and the headlamps where plain silver and the st 170 ones are black inside! if mozzy wants i have some boggo headlights he can have?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

, luckily the bonnet and bumper are the same across the range, I can get patent st headlights for £40 each there are a few sets on ebay for sell, lucky my fogs are ok because they are probably the most expensive part. so a standard focus bonnet and bumper, st lower grill, st upper grill, st headlights. I cant see me having any problems getting parts as we have the best parts resource at disposal.... ebay
Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Roscco
Livin' [H]ard & Fast

Originally Posted by mozzy
as i said some of their customers might be willing to cause some crap but i am not going to run from anyone I will keep on living my life as i always have, if anything happens i will deal and worry about it then.
I'd take a fair bet you'll hear nothing from customers, there're FAR FAR FAR easier ways of gettin' a fix than havin' to terrorise folk.

Junkies want a quick fix, end of. Too much hastle to go handin' out grief, then provin' you've done it while your supplier dealer says you haven't. Fuck that carry on.

If you were to hear anything (which as stated you won't), there'll be a fair price on it (doesn't sound like the case here) and you'll be in trouble. Worth the effort in other words.

Nothin to even think about, Sleep easy.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

not all the customers will be down and out junkies desperate for a fix. some will be hardy cunts that might just do it for a favour. its always a possiblity.
i still dont understand why youd give back your car?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
tonytantrum

Originally Posted by mozzy
, luckily the bonnet and bumper are the same across the range, I can get patent st headlights for £40 each there are a few sets on ebay for sell, lucky my fogs are ok because they are probably the most expensive part. so a standard focus bonnet and bumper, st lower grill, st upper grill, st headlights. I cant see me having any problems getting parts as we have the best parts resource at disposal.... ebay
after being stung on ebay a couple of times when i was modifiying my saxo vtr i dont bother with it now! my view on a mint condition bumper and someone elses view is always different!

and dont talk to me about the vts alloys i brought that looked alot better in the pictures! lol!

tony!!!!
mozzy
Ford for life

just had another look through ebay, every part i need is on there and it should all cost no more than £200, exc paint.

when i look at it like that, its not alot and worth spending to avoid the grief from these twats, I am just reluctant to let them win, I might even ring the Mum who I originally swapped the car with and politley appoligise for what has happened, and suggest she pay half forthe repairs and I will drop everything and call it quits, she does seem reasonable so might be worth a try
1846 focus
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I would check the ST very well for substances!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by tonytantrum
after being stung on ebay a couple of times when i was modifiying my saxo vtr i dont bother with it now! my view on a mint condition bumper and someone elses view is always different!

and dont talk to me about the vts alloys i brought that looked alot better in the pictures! lol!

tony!!!!

but luckily I will be collecting items rather than just waiting for postage etc, I dont expect everything to be mint for the budget i have to do it as long as its not full of dents or cracks it can be fixed.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by 1846 focus
I would check the ST very well for substances!!!!!!!!!!

lol funnily enough there are unsmoked cigarette dog ends, little bits of greeny stalk/leafy shit which i guess is remnents of cannabis and loads of king size rizlas lol
Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 PM
tonytantrum

Originally Posted by Roscco
I'd take a fair bet you'll hear nothing from customers, there're FAR FAR FAR easier ways of gettin' a fix than havin' to terrorise folk.

Junkies want a quick fix, end of. Too much hastle to go handin' out grief, then provin' you've done it while your supplier dealer says you haven't. Fuck that carry on.

If you were to hear anything (which as stated you won't), there'll be a fair price on it (doesn't sound like the case here) and you'll be in trouble. Worth the effort in other words.

Nothin to even think about, Sleep easy.
agreed

a little story i once got told.

a mechanics mates son got addicted to drugs and owed alot of money to a dealer.
the dealer was threatening all sorts to his soon and his dad .
so his dad couldnt live with the drug dealers threats knocked his door down and beat the living shit out of him and told him to stay the fuck away from my soon or else your a dead man.
6 years later the drug dealers done nothing he cant go to the police and the family has had no trouble since but the dad did say for six months he was shitting hiself!

there all hard as fuck when there in a gang but stick one in a room and lets see who is the daddy now?!

tony!!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by tonytantrum
agreed

a little story i once got told.

a mechanics mates son got addicted to drugs and owed alot of money to a dealer.
the dealer was threatening all sorts to his soon and his dad .
so his dad couldnt live with the drug dealers threats knocked his door down and beat the living shit out of him and told him to stay the fuck away from my soon or else your a dead man.
6 years later the drug dealers done nothing he cant go to the police and the family has had no trouble since but the dad did say for six months he was shitting hiself!

there all hard as fuck when there in a gang but stick one in a room and lets see who is the daddy now?!

tony!!!!!

its all down to the dealer and what they sale, the lifestyle they lead etc. some drug dealers are invinsible to the police and would have no problem in having you shot etc others are 15 year old boys living at there nans selling weed for his uncles wifes brothers friends nephew to his mates .

I have a good instinct and can tell just by looking at someone wether or not they are to be messed and so far have not been wrong. personally i dont think i will get a penny out of the c4 owner which is why i will probably just cut my losses and forget about it
Old 06-12-2009, 04:20 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

lol, cant believe it all this talk of how I need and want to repair it and just got a PM asking if i will sell my st170 as it is lol